2015 Ford Mustang engine and underhood spied for first time

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i agree, that's definitely the best rendering! ford really needs to introduce a design like that to the market, just like the fusion it would be a complete game changer as far as styling is concerned. MUCH more refined and upscale than anything else in the class.

gap4annie

If it looks like that rendering. I'll buy 2

If it looks like this one, I'll buy 3 :)

attachment.php

impactblue

Established Member
They will probaby make a 281 4v. They seem to go back and forth between 302 and 281. Wouldnt mind a 4.6 4v ecoboost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Fear the 5

Established Member
Looks like an Aston with a Ford badge slapped on it. Not saying it's an ugly car, its just not american muscle, not a Mustang. Don't like it.

Jroc

Established Member
I want to see some 2015 Mustang wheel well shots. One thing Ford needs to do with the next Mustang is make it where you can fit some decent size tires in their wheel wells.

Jroc

Established Member
They will probaby make a 281 4v. They seem to go back and forth between 302 and 281. Wouldnt mind a 4.6 4v ecoboost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

You will not see Ford use a old 4.6 is a new vehicle design ever again. This is a good thing BTW as the new 5.0's are way better motors than the old 4.6's.

mtrsprt

Established Member
I want to see some 2015 Mustang wheel well shots. One thing Ford needs to do with the next Mustang is make it where you can fit some decent size tires in their wheel wells.
Last time I checked, you CAN fit an awfully large wheel/tire combination on them..... 19-20" diameter wheels. 295-325mm tires... That's not enough tire for a Mustang? :shrug:

You want to run LT 33's or something??? :rolling:

Jroc

Established Member
Last time I checked, you CAN fit an awfully large wheel/tire combination on them..... 19-20" diameter wheels. 295-325mm tires... That's not enough tire for a Mustang? :shrug:

You want to run LT 33's or something??? :rolling:

Your trying to simplify something that's not that simple. You don't just throw some 325's on a S197 and do it all easy and care free and then it looks ugly with a tire bulging out the side of the car. Hell people also talk about fitting just a 305 on the back of one, but being Boss 302 owner you should understand that it isn't just about having big grippy rear tires.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
whats up with the 6200 redline lol

Aside from what others have already stated note the ECT reading full Cold. This could mean the redline will rise when ECTs hit operating temp as they have in other cars ie S85 BMW M5/M6 V10, etc.

On a side note, what's up Terry! :rolling:

Fourcam330

Established Member
You will not see Ford use a old 4.6 is a new vehicle design ever again. This is a good thing BTW as the new 5.0's are way better motors than the old 4.6's.

While I agree not probable, it's entirely possible. Similar to the 7.0L Z06 vs the 6.2L ZL-1. The extra meat between bores in the 281 vs 302 helps sealing especially when paired with factory FI.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
The 4.6 aluminum block is no longer produced and I don't see them going to a heavy cast iron block just so they can go backwards in engine design.

If anything they'll simply strengthen the Coyote.

Users who are viewing this thread