2015 GT350 Mustang Confirmed????????!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbonez3858

Established Member
Sure there is. They're called Corvette owners. Camaro owners. Subaru owners, etc.

Of course, people don't buy cars on names alone. It must appeal to them in various ways. Looks, heritage, brand loyalty and non-performance things like that actually do matter. The marketing genius' have figured that out.

The point is, you don't care if the car says Shelby so long as it performs the way you want. Well, that branding isn't meant for you then. Some people take history and branding under consideration and I guess you could say those are the people who care about branding. Identity is important though.

Having said all that ask yourself these questions. How well would the GT500 sell if it was branded as "The Mustang 3"? Probably not very well. No matter how you slice it. Many years ago, Chevy released the NOVA in Latin America and wondered why it didn't sell. Well, NO VA in spanish means "doesn't work" or "doesn't go". I digress.

I do agree Ford need to come up with some NEW branding ideas if possible instead of re-hashing the same ones for eternity.

LOL about the Nova. I've never heard that. I guess I'm not in any marketing group because I simply look at the numbers...What are the performance numbers and what is the cost break down (financial numbers).

In the end I'm not suggesting Ford abandon their heritage or their naming convention. I explain things poorly at times but as long as the crowd is remotely familiar with the name then 99% of the performance crowd it will work..If you put a bad a** car with the name Shelby, Cobra, Mach or Boss I truly believe you are going to find a VERY few individuals in any market that are going to care..If Chevy comes out and sells a Z07 instead of a Z06 the same crowd will buy. If Ford simply calls the upgrade "the snake" it will sell if its a beast and the dollars are right.

Last edited:

darreng505

Established Member
If Ford simply calls the upgrade "the snake" it will sell if its a beast and the dollars are right.

Agreed! And your point is practically proven by the GT 5.0 I mean, "5.0" is hardly much of a badging on the car, where some people even remove it entirely. So within the Mustang crowd, yes. I think branding and badging perhaps not as important suffice to say if they DO name cars going forward, to keep it mean sounding (i.e. snakes, cobras, mach's, bosses, etc.)

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
How much "negotiating" would Ford have to do with Shelby? Where is Shelby without Ford? Shelby does not dictate anything to Ford. Where else is Shelby going to billboard its name? On a Buick?

As a person under contract with Shelby, I can tell you that Carroll Shelby Licensing operates independently from SAI, and now that Carroll has passed away, less Ford executives are going to be willing to pay for the name, and those running CS licensing no longer answer to the will of Carroll obviously. There are other aspects to this Im not discussing on a forum. But you can take what I have shared as a solid answer, or you can just pass it off as a bunch of hooey.

Huge misconception that many Ford enthusiasts have about Ford paying Shelby. NOT. Ford placing the SHELBY across the back of 50,000 Mustangs is a level of advertising and visibility that SAI could not come by for 100 million. Ford drives the bus here. Shelby can play ball or take a hike. Anyone who doubts any of this doesn't understand much about business. The big boys call the shots.

Ford did pay for the rights to the Shelby name. GT500, or GT350, the Shelby name has a cost for each car it gets branded with. Since SAI doesn't get money from a Ford GT500 sale, but does get a potential new customer for a Supersnake upgrade or simply a set of Shelby branded engine caps, sure SAI is in the submissive role of that relationship. No question about that, but I get the feeling you don't see the fine details in your big picture analysis. Its not wrong, per SE, but maybe a little harsh in the way its laid out. Its almost as if you have some problem or disdain for Shelby.

there might not be a GT350. The 500 is being debated on what ford wants to do with. ford has plans for a new SVT cobra but has ideas for some other product aswell. i know raptor production ceases soon but plans for a 9 month 2015 raptor build and thats it for the raptor. new car? new lightning from SVT? who knows. ford changes plans alot.

Well, we have different sources of information then. Also, Ford comes out with a new F150 design for next year, meaning a 9 month run of a Raptor means a huge loss in engineering. It may seem like the Raptor is simply a set of Fox shocks and badging, but that's not the case. SVT will need a Raptor that gets another 4-5 MPG as well if they continue it. Im not saying Ford doesn't continue the Raptor, but if they do, it won't be for a short run of less than 2 years, and it won't be available on the 2015 Atlas. IF we see it, it will be 2016 at the earliest. My last information was that decision had not yet been made. I would not be shocked to see the Raptor go 2nd Gen just like the Lightning though. Heck, if it does come out, Ill buy one of those and I can bookend my bookend Shelbys with my bookend Raptors!:banana:

Ford has the power to change its collective mind at any time though. I could definitely end up being tomorrow's goat!

....but it hasn't happened yet.

applejack

Banned
As a person under contract with Shelby, I can tell you that Carroll Shelby Licensing operates independently from SAI, and now that Carroll has passed away, less Ford executives are going to be willing to pay for the name, and those running CS licensing no longer answer to the will of Carroll obviously. There are other aspects to this Im not discussing on a forum. But you can take what I have shared as a solid answer, or you can just pass it off as a bunch of hooey.

Ford did pay for the rights to the Shelby name. GT500, or GT350, the Shelby name has a cost for each car it gets branded with. Since SAI doesn't get money from a Ford GT500 sale, but does get a potential new customer for a Supersnake upgrade or simply a set of Shelby branded engine caps, sure SAI is in the submissive role of that relationship. No question about that, but I get the feeling you don't see the fine details in your big picture analysis. Its not wrong, per SE, but maybe a little harsh in the way its laid out. Its almost as if you have some problem or disdain for Shelby.

Well, we have different sources of information then. Also, Ford comes out with a new F150 design for next year, meaning a 9 month run of a Raptor means a huge loss in engineering. It may seem like the Raptor is simply a set of Fox shocks and badging, but that's not the case. SVT will need a Raptor that gets another 4-5 MPG as well if they continue it. Im not saying Ford doesn't continue the Raptor, but if they do, it won't be for a short run of less than 2 years, and it won't be available on the 2015 Atlas. IF we see it, it will be 2016 at the earliest. My last information was that decision had not yet been made. I would not be shocked to see the Raptor go 2nd Gen just like the Lightning though. Heck, if it does come out, Ill buy one of those and I can bookend my bookend Shelbys with my bookend Raptors!:banana:

Ford has the power to change its collective mind at any time though. I could definitely end up being tomorrow's goat!

So according to you who has leaked Ford corporate secrets and is "under contract" with Shelby: Ford pays Shelby a per unit premium on every vehicle. You have invalidated yourself with that ridiculous nonsense as there is no way that has been happening. Ford put Shelby back on the map with the GT500 in '07 which was a good thing as most here will agree. There is no way in this world Ford is paying Shelby when in fact Ford is the rescuer. That kinda crap makes for lively internet chatter but is laughable to anyone who has a grip on what is logical in the business world.

americansteel

Banned

oops I caught my self. the raptor is to end later this year with a 1 year hiatus and come back late 15 for 16 model and yes for has plans for only 9 months but of course that can change. how ever this also plays into what SVT is doing for their new project. like I said before ford changes plans a lot and all the time. for one week they can have plans on a product yet the following they will change those plans.

Last edited:

americansteel

Banned
and americansteel knows nothing of ford plans

really? and how would you know this? you don't know me! you don't my friend who's apart of the global vehicle program and vehicle oversight operations.
maybe it has to do with being an investor in ford motor company I have their future planning writ's and copy's of UAW contract's.
few years back I posted that the GT500 will get a 5.8l engine I got banned for that posting and I got ridiculed for it. what engine is in the GT500 now? a 5.8l 4v.
alongside with in 09 before any of you knew anything about the new GT mustang I posted the mustang will get a 5.0 V8 engine I got ridiculed for that what's in the mustang now? a 5.0 V8.
5.2 voodoo engine? a rumor started by 2 magazines yet I came on here and said no such engine. nor is there any secret code name voodoo V8.
I know more than you will ever know. your comment was an assumption yet your assumption is wrong. sit back and keep your mouth shut you posted on something that you don't even know anything about what's going on.

Last edited:

jes_csx

Established Member
So according to you who has leaked Ford corporate secrets and is "under contract" with Shelby: Ford pays Shelby a per unit premium on every vehicle. You have invalidated yourself with that ridiculous nonsense as there is no way that has been happening. Ford put Shelby back on the map with the GT500 in '07 which was a good thing as most here will agree. There is no way in this world Ford is paying Shelby when in fact Ford is the rescuer. That kinda crap makes for lively internet chatter but is laughable to anyone who has a grip on what is logical in the business world.

Sorry, but dubbfarris is correct. CSL lawyers are in the business of getting all the $ they can out of their trademarked brand, and Ford is happy to pay for access and use of that brand/legacy to sell cars.
This sort of talk is laughable to anyone who knows how CSL (once again, separate from SAI) works and their relationship with Ford. Neither company calls all of the shots, they have a working agreement that profits them both.

trolls56

Established Member
oops I caught my self. the raptor is to end later this year with a 1 year hiatus and come back late 15 for 16 model and yes for has plans for only 9 months but of course that can change. how ever this also plays into what SVT is doing for their new project. like I said before ford changes plans a lot and all the time. for one week they can have plans on a product yet the following they will change those plans.

I hope this is true love my Raptor except for the horrible gas mileage.

Last edited:

americansteel

Banned

hey I hear you on that! I really cant wait to see what the new raptor and F150 looks like. but things change with ford. did you see ford is going to show the F150 this month?

trolls56

Established Member
hey I hear you on that! I really cant wait to see what the new raptor and F150 looks like. but things change with ford. did you see ford is going to show the F150 this month?

Nice where at? I am really looking foward to seeing what the new Raptor looks like. Wondering if they will put a lighter more powerful engine in it. The 6.2 has alot of power but huge with old tech. Not sure why they went back to 2 valve with it.

applejack

Banned
Sorry, but dubbfarris is correct. CSL lawyers are in the business of getting all the $ they can out of their trademarked brand, and Ford is happy to pay for access and use of that brand/legacy to sell cars.
This sort of talk is laughable to anyone who knows how CSL (once again, separate from SAI) works and their relationship with Ford. Neither company calls all of the shots, they have a working agreement that profits them both.

Fantasyland stuff. Shelby does not have an ounce of negotiation material as their moniker only has meaning on a Ford. They really have no where else to go with it and are in box at that point. It has been historically a joke on anything else. Fords high end performance products are outstanding and will clear the market on their own merits with technically more accurate SVT badging alone which many of us would actually prefer at this point. The Shelby thing is wearing pretty thin at this point. and really needs a rest.

americansteel

Banned
Nice where at? I am really looking foward to seeing what the new Raptor looks like. Wondering if they will put a lighter more powerful engine in it. The 6.2 has alot of power but huge with old tech. Not sure why they went back to 2 valve with it.

Detroit auto show this month. I posted it on the F150 thread check it out.
I would love to see a 6.2l engine with an aluminum block. heres one for you, trust me you rather have a 2v headed on the raptor instead of a 4v head.
there is no need for 4 valve per cylinder because the bore size is 4 inches as to where modular engines and the 5.0 have tiny bores where they need 4 valves to make any kind of power yet the 5.0 makes 445hp at 6600RPM
it doesn't make sense to put 4 valve on a 4inch bore engine although on the 6.2l that would be right around 580HP. im in the process with trick flow designing a set of 4 valve heads for my 6.2l in a crown vic I have.
old tech? big bore's 2 valve per cylinder with VVT that engine is more efficient for any duty that is thrown at that engine than a 5.0 coyote. the factory raptor engine makes 439HP at 5500RPM. you take a 5.0 truck engine that motor couldn't even see that number with out boost this is what a 4 inch bore will do for you.
the engines ford has right now can not get any more technological that's it bud nothing more can be done except for DI yet ford found out its not worth the money for very little gains.

Last edited:

jes_csx

Established Member
Fantasyland stuff. Shelby does not have an ounce of negotiation material as their moniker only has meaning on a Ford. They really have no where else to go with it and are in box at that point. It has been historically a joke on anything else. Fords high end performance products are outstanding and will clear the market on their own merits with technically more accurate SVT badging alone which many of us would actually prefer at this point. The Shelby thing is wearing pretty thin at this point. and really needs a rest.

I'm curious as to how do you think you know this stuff. From here it looks like you just have a strong opinion, and thats it.
Fine with me… doesn't change anything, including the realities of this situation that I deal with every day. I'm not just making this crap up based on what I read on the internet and in the mags. I don't know dubbfarris, but so far everything he says is consistent with what I know is true and I have no reason to doubt he is who he says he is.
I agree that SVT could badge their vehicles and sell them on their own merit without the use of the Shelby name seeing as CS or SAI has little or nothing to do with the actual development of the factory vehicles. I would also prefer that the GT500's built by Ford since '07 were SVT branded Cobras, but it still doesn't change how the whole deal works.

Alensvsix

Established Member
Just asking..Because I didnt understand the fusion of shelby and svt...
Will this separation have any impact on the world line up?
With whom will Ford finally stick, when its time to import cars to the world?
Will a 2015 shelby only be available in the states and will not be listed in the official line up program from ford?
Just Courious...

applejack

Banned
I'm curious as to how do you think you know this stuff. From here it looks like you just have a strong opinion, and thats it.
Fine with me… doesn't change anything, including the realities of this situation that I deal with every day. I'm not just making this crap up based on what I read on the internet and in the mags. I don't know dubbfarris, but so far everything he says is consistent with what I know is true and I have no reason to doubt he is who he says he is.
I agree that SVT could badge their vehicles and sell them on their own merit without the use of the Shelby name seeing as CS or SAI has little or nothing to do with the actual development of the factory vehicles. I would also prefer that the GT500's built by Ford since '07 were SVT branded Cobras, but it still doesn't change how the whole deal works.

You probably think Ford paid Harley Davidson to put that name on pick ups also.

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member

Technically, just one secret, but it was unwittingly in my defense.
As for the contract between Ford and Shelby, you must be an executive at one or the other and privy to contract specifics in order to be calling me out on this. Because aim positive no one would be stupid enough to do that without specific knowledge. You know all about me, but what about you? Are you in the cereal business? Im not telling you how to make a rice crispie snap, crackle or pop, so Im not sure why you feel the need to tell me my business. What SVT vehicle do you own? Or your parents....brother, cousin's Contour etc. what's your stake in this discussion anyway? Im now directly 4 of your 14 post count, so Im happy I could help you get almost 50% more posts to your name! Even if most of it has been a little full of ....hooey.
Ah, yeah, then that makes more sense. I have not heard of a short run for the raptor, as it normally takes a couple years to recoupe engineering and design costs for any given model.

Agreed. My Raptor is my favorite Ford for doing any kind of driving.

Just to be clear- I am not here to leak Ford or Shelby secrets. The information I am sharing is information that has already been put out on forums or articles, and I am sharing what I have been told and to dispel incorrect information like flapjacks tries to spread.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread