2015 Mustang GT?

Mustang289

Established Member
Not considering at all from moving away from my terminator, but the 2015 Mustang GT is starting to grow on me. Watching a video this morning of the factory installed line-lock is cool.

I know this question could open up a flurry of responses, what do other terminator owners think of the new platform?

Todd03Blown

Established Member
I am an ex terminator owner. Had a 2003 10th anniversary that I bought new and sold 5 years later. I loved that car and will buy another one down the road to keep.

I have a loaded '15GT fastback with performance package, recaros, NAV, etc on order since 5/20. I love the new car and everything about it. I think performance will be fantastic with the all new suspension and the PP.

masterjr33

Established Member
i think it looks like a fusion. if i wanted a ugly car with a bad ass engine id put a 5.4 4v into a pinto. it just does not look GOOD. its ugly as hell. i dont care how good it is at doing something. or what numbers it puts down. if i cant park it in my driveway and look at it and go " hell ya. thats my bitch". then i do not want it.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I think it looks pretty good and from what we have been hearing it should perform really good. Unless I get rich, my current mustang will probably be my last mustang. If I do ever get another mustang it will probably be an SVT. Nothing against the GT's, they are super nice. I'm just a Cobro.

greenflash00

Established Member
I read this morning also that it's supposed to have the Boss 302 rods….that should make things interesting for all the boosted applications :coolman:

Ponyracer1

Established Member
I think it's like every new body style. Ugly at first but then it grows on you. (Well except the cobra, that was love at 1st sight) I'm waiting to see one in person and see what SVT brings to the table.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I've seen the car in person and I too like the front, but not the back.

There will be lots of hype when it hits the dealers, but after a short while, they will be everywhere just like the 5.0's now. It's nice having a limited SVT version that you don't see at every stop light.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
I think it's like every new body style. Ugly at first but then it grows on you. (Well except the cobra, that was love at 1st sight) I'm waiting to see one in person and see what SVT brings to the table.

I agree. I like the new body not in love but i like it. I remember when the new edges came out i hated them. I love the smooth lines of the SN's i thought it was horrible. Now its my absolute favorite.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
I personally love the 2015. Well-done redesign IMHO. It brought back the lost enthusiasm I've had for Mustangs after the New Edge platforms went out of production and clean New Edges on the road began to fade.

Plus, I'm a big fan of the Coyote engine. They make great power with a blower and very respectable N/A power. I'm looking forward to the new 2015 platform as a whole, and even more forward to the SVT offering when it's revealed.

2003cobra22

Corn Fed
Established Member

There will be lots of hype when it hits the dealers, but after a short while, they will be everywhere just like the 5.0's now. It's nice having a limited SVT version that you don't see at every stop light.

Exactly why I bought a terminator and not the new 5.0..its nice, has newer tech, etc but I see more than 10 a day

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
^^x2. I wanted a cobra all along but entertained a newer 5.0 but when I drove it i was very very underwhelmed. Also, I think the coyote sounds like poop compared to the 4v engines. I think with all the cars being so much more refined lately, even with an IRS i still wouldn't like the 2015. Team Cobro FTW

BMR Tech

I sold my 2004 Cobra, to order a new 2015.

I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I absolutely love the 03/04 Cobra - as every Mustang enthusiast should (and likely does) - but I just decided it was time to upgrade to the newer technology.

AUTO (w/paddle shift) + IRS + TVS = Yes please.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I really like the 2015, but it is not even close to enough to make me abandon my 03. The 03 I think is at least the most hallmark, probably most desired Mustang built in 40 years. In my opinion...

I wouldn't trade in for a 2015. Straight up trade wouldn't happen, no way I am putting money on one to get a 2015 over my Cobra.

On the other hand, if my Cobra was totaled today, the 2015 might be an option I would consider.

I think if the Cobra is your go out and have fun, drive around, sunny day car with plenty of miles and wear... I could see why you would trade it away. If you have kept it well, low miles, and only drive it here and there, I can't see the motivation to drop it.

BMR Tech

I really like the 2015, but it is not even close to enough to make me abandon my 03. The 03 I think is at least the most hallmark, probably most desired Mustang built in 40 years. In my opinion...

I wouldn't trade in for a 2015. Straight up trade wouldn't happen, no way I am putting money on one to get a 2015 over my Cobra.

On the other hand, if my Cobra was totaled today, the 2015 might be an option I would consider.

I think if the Cobra is your go out and have fun, drive around, sunny day car with plenty of miles and wear... I could see why you would trade it away. If you have kept it well, low miles, and only drive it here and there, I can't see the motivation to drop it.

I care about:

Going fast.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i like the back end of the 15, except for the diffuser part being color matched. :dw:

im not sold on the fusiony front end yet. im sure it will grow on me. after i see some modded ones. but yeah, in a year or so they will be everywhere and not that special any more. but you will be one special mother****er for that first year! :coolman:

damn thats a nice stable in that pic there :beer:

Comp281

Established Member
I like the 2015. I can't wait to see the svt version. If I had garage space for it, I'd order one. I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing a GT in person.

Users who are viewing this thread