2015 Mustang

Mustang289

Established Member
I was at a local cruisin Saturday morning in Great Falls VA. A local Ford dealer brought up two 2015s an ECO boost 4 and a GT with performance package. I'm neutral on the exterior of the car but I love the interior though. The dealer rep started up the GT and I was totally disappointed, way too quite and doesn't have the Mustang signature exhaust. Reviews on handling coming in very positive on the Internet, saw a couple comparisons against the Camaro SS, these articles were giving a slight edge to the Camaro.

I'm curios to see what the SVT team will do with this platform to make it better.

No way I would consider trading my Terminator for one...

SlowSVT

Established Member
For me the 2015 is a "mixed bag" but I'm sure it will be improved with each new model year just like they did with the S197. I give the body styling a 6 and the interior a 7 (the Terminator body is a 9.5 and the interior is a 7 as I don't care much for interior that are a bit "over styled" and busy but that's just me). I was looking at a V6 car at the dealer the other day. Not as good looking at the late model S197. Should be interesting to see what SVT does with it.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
I think the Terminator will always reign as the best looking mustang out there. Like SlowSVT said, it's near perfect. Interior is subjective just as much. I like some of the newer tech like push button start/smart access, but the 127 buttons on the '15 steering wheel is a huge turnoff for me.

That said I think the '15 GT is a stout car! Glad they finally put IRS in mustangs across the board too.

masterjr33

Established Member
I think they look pretty good in silver and black
1359-b102-13.jpg

73575584-640.jpg

ctgreddy

Established Member
^ lmao how original.

My work bought one last week and I'm still impartial about it. I like it but it's not like "damn that looks amazing". It doesn't help that we got the ecoboost so it's got lame wheels and grill on it. We'll be lowering it and slapping on some hre's soon so I'll save my criticism until then. We did get it to make 32x whp with just a tune out of the 4cyl which is damn good. More time with the tuning and maybe an intake and it'll run with a lot of the 5.0's I'm sure.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I am a fan of the new Mustang but will never own one. I am trying to talk my dad into getting a new 15 or even a used 13/14 to replace his Mach. I am curious to see how the IRS holds up at the strip. Would be great if they built and IRS car that can handle as well as 60 ft. at the strip.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm still not a fan of the '15 Mustang. The front end (at the hood) area looks to bulge upward, giving the front end kind of a raised look. And the rear is the opposite. I do like the interior. That said, if I had to choose between a '14 GT or a '15 GT, I would go with the '14 in a heartbeat. But like some have already said, the 2003-2004 Cobra is just plain nicer. I guess that's a pun. The Terminator is a cleaner, more simple design, inside and outside. And that for SO many it why it is so appealing, engine aside. I have a ton of controls on my '14 Mini Cooper S, and it's too easy to get frustrated with them. I just think simpler is better. JMO.

WildFifty

Established Member
I was at a local cruisin Saturday morning in Great Falls VA. A local Ford dealer brought up two 2015s an ECO boost 4 and a GT with performance package. I'm neutral on the exterior of the car but I love the interior though. The dealer rep started up the GT and I was totally disappointed, way too quite and doesn't have the Mustang signature exhaust. Reviews on handling coming in very positive on the Internet, saw a couple comparisons against the Camaro SS, these articles were giving a slight edge to the Camaro.

I'm curios to see what the SVT team will do with this platform to make it better.

No way I would consider trading my Terminator for one...

Mustang289, i was out there at Katies C&C too (I was the guy that came to chat with you as you were leaving). It was my first time seeing the 15's close up. I don't think you can judge the exhuast note until an aftermarket exhaust is bolted on. All stock exhaust really restricts the noise.

Personally, the 15's dont' excite me at all. It's a nice car, but i would never own one.
I feel that ever since the 05's the mustangs have become too refined. They just don't feel like a pure muscle car anymore.

Rotzs99

Established Member
I think the '15 looks pretty good. There are also a lot of wheel options that really spoil the sporty look of it. Even the standard PP double 10 spoke wheels look 'soft'. IMO the best wheels are the Boss LS style.

Other things I don't like:

The Euro style rear valence with the reverse light. I know this is a global car, but the majority of Mustangs will be sold in the U.S.A. Give us the normal reverse lights integrated into the tails.

The tampon style rear 'spoiler'. Do you even know it's there? Does it do anything? It literally looks like the old moldings you could stick on your 1996 Corolla to prevent door dings. Check off the spoiler delete option.

EDIT: WOW I think Ford wants you to wear a helmet when building your order. The 20" LS style wheels are not available with the performance pack nor can you get a 3.73 rear with those wheels. You cannot get a spare tire with the PP or any wheel above 18". Here's your can of goo and an air pump.

What happened to being able to completely customize your 'custom ordered' car?

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
I'm still not a fan of the '15 Mustang. The front end (at the hood) area looks to bulge upward, giving the front end kind of a raised look. And the rear is the opposite. I do like the interior. That said, if I had to choose between a '14 GT or a '15 GT, I would go with the '14 in a heartbeat. But like some have already said, the 2003-2004 Cobra is just plain nicer. I guess that's a pun. The Terminator is a cleaner, more simple design, inside and outside. And that for SO many it why it is so appealing, engine aside. I have a ton of controls on my '14 Mini Cooper S, and it's too easy to get frustrated with them. I just think simpler is better. JMO.

Same thinking here and I'll add the '15 rear is sloped forward way too much. By doing so it doesn't command a wide look in the back like the SN95's. I really don't care about electronics and interiors as I much prefer an '80's Porsche 911 interior to the current model. Guess I'm simplistic and care more for function than style.

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
lost, is this about the fusion or stang...what the heck sticking with the fusion...btw the 2.0 eco is the bomb...in my fusion anyway

20140510_135341_resized.jpg

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I think that road course test against the camaro is kind of bogus because the chevy has a far better rim/tire setup with its option package. I think once a proper setup gets on the new gt a lot of these initial wheel hop and handling issue complaints will subside a bit.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Bunch of 03-04 nut swingers in here...oh wait. lol. Let's see what the next SVT product brings.

Something will be getting the flat plane coyote based v8. Not sure which mustang but it IS going to happen.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Ordered a yellow one a week ago. The IRS did it.

Lucky enough to keep the Cobra (and my SN95 and S197), which while fun, is aging. Can't wait to see what mods come out for the '15s.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread