2015 Z06 base price out. 78,000!

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
To all, I did not intend to start a pissing contest with my comments on the comfort level of a Vett. To each his own, I am referring to my personal choice only.
I cant believe you are judging your experience based off of a C5, your opinion is twice removed. Also the C7Z isnt even out yet, how would you possibly know if it sucks to go on long drives?

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
C'mon dude, a C7Z is almost half the price of a GT3.
Porsche prices have gotten insane, for a performance car, the C7Z is going to be the new standard. And im not even a fan of the new vette look!

Price isn't everything.
The C7Z will do quite well especially now that it will appeal to a more general crowd since you can have one with an auto, vert and targa. I don't think it is fair to compare it to the outgoing ZO6, more comparable would be the ZR1.

My personal preference is still towards the GT3, it has more pros vs cons for me vs the C7Z.

kaz109

Established Member
Price isn't everything.
The C7Z will do quite well especially now that it will appeal to a more general crowd since you can have one with an auto, vert and targa. I don't think it is fair to compare it to the outgoing ZO6, more comparable would be the ZR1.

My personal preference is still towards the GT3, it has more pros vs cons for me vs the C7Z.

No brainer for me..a GT3 is way more special than a vette. Low 11's from a NA 6cyl that isn't even meant for straight line is just amazing. I would love for a 991 GT3 to be my track toy but at the price it would have to by my DD as well and that's just not something I would want to DD. I hope you get one man

jbs$

Established Member
gaspasr, agreed, my DD is a Escalade and my next toy car will be a Hellcat. Repeat, each to his own, I criticize no ones ride.

scn

Established Member
No brainer for me..a GT3 is way more special than a vette. Low 11's from a NA 6cyl that isn't even meant for straight line is just amazing. I would love for a 991 GT3 to be my track toy but at the price it would have to by my DD as well and that's just not something I would want to DD. I hope you get one man

Still drinking the haterade I see......

Zulu10SS

Established Member
Should see all the butt hurt from the Z/28 crew over on C5, very entertaining.

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member

Some people get it, some don't.

BladeX10

Established Member
This is bad news for the C6Z owners and even worse for ZR1 owners. Good news for the people who are looking for buy one in the near future.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member

5NeX1Gv.jpg

scn

Established Member
Some people get it, some don't.

For equal price or even 10-15k more, maybe. Fully loaded vs fully loaded, the GT3 does not justify the huge premium with performance or craft. One can only imagine what kaz would say about the Z if it was flagged by GM, requested not to be driven, and required an engine change. For all the talk of driver interaction and involvement, the GT3 drops the manual trans. So sad. The previous GT3 was one of the most fun cars I've had the pleasure of sitting in. As great as the PDK is, the GT3 lost a big part of its soul IMO.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
I like the GT3 more than the C7Z too......in the same way I like the McLaren P1 more than the GT3. Of course the rarer, way more expensive car is gonna be more "special". I don't think that even needs to be said. It doesn't take away from the Vette in any way, it's still gonna be a monster of a car compared to anything within $50k of it.

I really can't think of any objective criticism one could have of the C7Z. Jeremy Clarkson reviewed the base Stingray and even said he thought it was a better car than the more expensive Jaguar F-type (which I also love). How can you go wrong for the price?

XtraTQ

Established Member
There is a reason that vettes outsell vipers....

That same reason us why there are still new 2013 vipers on dealer lots....

Vette's outselling Viper's wouldn't have anything to do with the number of units produced, would it?

Would love to get a new Z06...gonna have to be a couple years before I could swing one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread