2015 Z06 base price out. 78,000!

oneslo5.0

Established Member
My buddy has his ordered, fairly optioned as well he is getting the auto and they tell him that his car will be one of the first few out. I can't imagine what he paid.

He did have the first C7 in the 10's so I assume he will be tearing into this one the night he gets it.

oneslo5.0

Established Member
some dealers yes.. we took a deposit 8 months ago for our first c7z06.. selling it at msrp. I am second in line... at employee pricing... :)

Did Fran order his from you guys? He ordered in that same time frame and is one of the first few to get his.

rcknrol

Established Member
You get a Super Car for well under $90k. These things are going to sell like hot cakes.

BTW, last summer I went on a 1800 mile road trip in my c5z and it was completely comfortable, at least as comfortable as any Mustang I've owned. Then again, maybe I'm not a pussy. :)

BlueSnake01

Established Member
From what I see, once you add the stuff that you want, just to justify the first $80 large, you have a $100 grand Vett. A lot of money for a car that becomes uncomfortable after about 250 miles at a time.

While I agree, you are paying for a true sports car. Comfort and luxury options are not the first things they come to a Vette. Want something with both worlds? You're going to easily pay 1.5 to double of this. For having all this and possibly topping a lot more expensive exotics and supercars, it truly is a bargain.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
If you want one of the first ones you will pay more but like some have stated, wait a year and get better pricing. For this kind of car thats damn good and its around 100K if you option it out which not everyone will do, hell I will take a bare bones one. lol

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
It will be a beast.

If I would ever buy a Vette, I would buy the 2015 Z coupe

The 2013 isn't what I would want to drive cross country in, but then again my ass gets sore on a motorcycle after 2 hours.

It should be an awesome car.....even with an automatic.....:xpl:

E

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
Lol is comfort on long trips the issue now ?
C'mon guys ,no car will be able to be as fast for the price.

If Ford was making this car you would hear no such comment! This car is amazing for the money, huge step up from the current C6Z in all aspects including a sick 8 speed auto. Your getting an improved ZR1 for way less.

1slo5ohh

Established Member
some dealers yes.. we took a deposit 8 months ago for our first c7z06.. selling it at msrp. I am second in line... at employee pricing... :)

Wanna get me a job for a few hours so I can get in on that employee pricing? lol

sonicblew

Established Member
thats serious loot, BUT thats serious performance. Based on what a loaded new shelby, gtr, porsche, sells for i think the c7z is on point with its price and performance. Gonna be wicked

paintless302

Established Member
I much prefer the way the Viper looks, but this undercuts it by over $20k right off the bat and has more power, a removable top and an optional 8-spd auto.

I'd doubt you'd notice the 10hp, and 640hp on the Viper is lugging around about 250lbs less weight (per curb weight released on the Z). Regardless, new Z06 is a badass machine, can't wait to see some testing/numbers and start seeing them on the streets. The Z, as usual, will be the performance bargain, period.

Ps. And this is just purely based on the production numbers and lower price of entry; The Z will be the hot shit for about 6-12 months while no one has one, and then the saturation of the base C7s will make it "less special" than a comparable Viper, since like the c6s, they will be in every parking garage and street corner. Some people buy into exclusivity as a standalone merit. I also don't find the C7Z as sexy as the viper--I had the pleasure of seeing the new C7Z in person at GM's HQ a few months back and it does look incredibly aggressive and mean--but being that they have a much more risque design language no one knows how they will age. I can, however, say I love every Viper generation, and so seems the general populace as well.

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
How much is the z28 again? Lol. They z28 guys have to be pissed. You can basically cross shop these two.

You'd have to be one hell of a Camaro fan to opt for the Z28 over this! LOL Good thing they're only making a few hundred Z28s. Otherwise they probably wouldn't be able to sell another one once this car is released.

And how the heck is painted carbon fiber cheaper than the unpainted?? :??:

mrlrd1

Established Member
I was certain the car would be $90K+, and that most C6Z owners would just keep what they have. At that price, I bet most will be upgrading to the new Z06, and it will be a buyer's market on the trade-ins.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
I was certain the car would be $90K+, and that most C6Z owners would just keep what they have. At that price, I bet most will be upgrading to the new Z06, and it will be a buyer's market on the trade-ins.
ya i was kinda banking on them being 100k so keep c6z values strong... not the case lol time to dump dump dump

Users who are viewing this thread