2015 Z06 base price out. 78,000!

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
I may grab one eventually once the craze subsides and no issues become apparent but at less than msrp only. Still would prefer a 991 GT3 but this may be too hard to pass up.

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I may grab one eventually once the craze subsides and no issues become apparent but at less than msrp only. Still would prefer a 991 GT3 but this may be too hard to pass up.
C'mon dude, a C7Z is almost half the price of a GT3.
Porsche prices have gotten insane, for a performance car, the C7Z is going to be the new standard. And im not even a fan of the new vette look!

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
Yeah i hear you lol you think c6 z prices will start to drop when c7 z hits showroom floors?

I think that the ones with higher mileage. over 30K will stay the same.. I feel the ones with very low mileage.. less then 10K like mine will take a hit. I would of wanted close to 50K for mine with 8K miles... now I bet ill be hard presed to get 45.

mystickb1996

Established Member
lets hope the C6z prices drop!!! lol not for the fortunate ones that have or had owned one but for ppl like myself that are getting closer to that 30-40k weekend car/garage car. i have always wanted a z and even when i bought my 14 5.0 i was looking at them but couldn't justify spending 40k+ on an older used car that i would have to daily drive. i really dont see the c6z dropping tho, 40k is a good deal for a car with so much potential

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
Excellent price on the cars for sure...maybe in a year or two I can get that C6Z in white I've always wanted lol

Tunedprt91

Established Member
I was certain the car would be $90K+, and that most C6Z owners would just keep what they have. At that price, I bet most will be upgrading to the new Z06, and it will be a buyer's market on the trade-ins.

ya i was kinda banking on them being 100k so keep c6z values strong... not the case lol time to dump dump dump

Setting my sights a little higher, im waiting to see what this does to zr1's. I hope their owners dump dump dump too so I can snag one lol

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
DSG, question, have you ever owned Vett? For the record, I have and riding in one from NC to Atlanta, about 250 miles, is tiring.

Odd, I bought a new Z06 in 2006 and drove it over two days from Michigan back to Northern California. It was incredibly comfortable, quiet even, and a perfect GT car. In '09 I bought a new ZR-1 and drove it nonstop (~22 hours) from Texas back to Norcal. Also a super-comfortable car.

I suppose we'll just have to disagree on this point.

jbs$

Established Member
To all, I did not intend to start a pissing contest with my comments on the comfort level of a Vett. To each his own, I am referring to my personal choice only.

2004TBV

Living the dream
Established Member
From what I see, once you add the stuff that you want, just to justify the first $80 large, you have a $100 grand Vett. A lot of money for a car that becomes uncomfortable after about 250 miles at a time.

:dw:

image.png

TheHitman™

Established Member
Nice price. ZR1 prices are going to plummet. C6Z prices are going to take a hit too. This should make low mileage C5Z's $15k, C6Z's $35k (08+) and ZR1's should be in the high $50k range.

I think that dealers are going to try to sell fully loaded C7Z's for $120k though.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I'd doubt you'd notice the 10hp, and 640hp on the Viper is lugging around about 250lbs less weight (per curb weight released on the Z). Regardless, new Z06 is a badass machine, can't wait to see some testing/numbers and start seeing them on the streets. The Z, as usual, will be the performance bargain, period.

Ps. And this is just purely based on the production numbers and lower price of entry; The Z will be the hot shit for about 6-12 months while no one has one, and then the saturation of the base C7s will make it "less special" than a comparable Viper, since like the c6s, they will be in every parking garage and street corner. Some people buy into exclusivity as a standalone merit. I also don't find the C7Z as sexy as the viper--I had the pleasure of seeing the new C7Z in person at GM's HQ a few months back and it does look incredibly aggressive and mean--but being that they have a much more risque design language no one knows how they will age. I can, however, say I love every Viper generation, and so seems the general populace as well.

There is a reason that vettes outsell vipers....

That same reason us why there are still new 2013 vipers on dealer lots....

Users who are viewing this thread