2016 Shelby GT350 will start at $47,870 MSRP, GT350R will start at $61,370 MSRP

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Im pretty sure im speaking for a good portion of this website.

Yuuuup. I'd love to have a GT350, but I have no use for Shelby's name plastered all over the car. He imagined/designed/built the old ones and that's cool. This one and some of the other recent ones, he had zero part in, so why do I need his name on it so they can charge me more money?

Take a look at all the Shelby cars/trucks now. Raptor? They just take parts from other companies, bolt them on, and put the Shelby name alllll over it. Then mark it up 100%. Screw that noise.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Theyre getting ready to drop Shelby and re-introduce the full Cobra moniker thus why they are sneaking that in there.....

Or so we all hope.

Lol not gonna happen.

Yuuuup. I'd love to have a GT350, but I have no use for Shelby's name plastered all over the car. He imagined/designed/built the old ones and that's cool. This one and some of the other recent ones, he had zero part in, so why do I need his name on it so they can charge me more money?

Take a look at all the Shelby cars/trucks now. Raptor? They just take parts from other companies, bolt them on, and put the Shelby name alllll over it. Then mark it up 100%. Screw that noise.

The Shelby name sells cars. I think Ford could care less about the 2% of buyers who don't like it.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Welp, based on the link people up in Canada are getting screwed on pricing once again, MSRP for a base GT350 is more expensive than a GT350R. I know someone is going to point out the exchange rate is different, but notoriously even when Canada had a higher dollar than the US one back in the late 2000s vehicles were still much more expensive up here, and automakers stopped Canadians from getting deals by either telling dealers not to sell to them or that there would be no warranty for cars purchased in the US.

I noticed that when I'd go to Canada. Even when the US dollar was low the prices never changed up there.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a feeling that my wife is going to be pissed at me.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
Looks are okay, price should be 40k(I still can't afford it), and not enough hp.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
With average options added, that $47,870. likely jumps to around $64K-65K. Just adding Equipment Group 920A and the Gas Guzzler tax puts you at a $62,670 SRP. Wonder what the price would be without the Shelby nameplate. Both Ford and Shelby share a piece of that Shelby markup pie.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Wonder what the price would be without the Shelby nameplate. Both Ford and Shelby share a piece of that Shelby markup pie.

I heard years ago that the Shelby name added approx $6000 to the sticker of every gt500, with most of that going to Shelby himself.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Im pretty sure im speaking for a good portion of this website.

A good portion is still not "all." That aside, isn't it hypocritical of "Cobra" guys complaining about a name on the car when all a lot of them have been doing for the past 8 years is whine and complain about the Cobra name not appearing on any Mustangs anymore? Isn't that name-chasing?

With average options added, that $47,870. likely jumps to around $64K-65K. Just adding Equipment Group 920A and the Gas Guzzler tax puts you at a $62,670 SRP. Wonder what the price would be without the Shelby nameplate. Both Ford and Shelby share a piece of that Shelby markup pie.

How much does a Mustang GT with all the option-able performance goodies cost? It's well into the $40Ks, isn't it? Now consider that a Mustang GT with all its performance options probably still won't come anywhere close to touching even the base GT350, much less the GT350R. Is it still over priced? Be aware that 920A is the R package. A well equipped base GT350 can still be had comfortably under $60K.

Rct851

Established Member
I think the pricing is good. Considering that to make a GT how I want after aftermarket bolt ons, suspension, wheels/tires and suspension I'm over 40k easily

Last edited:

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I heard years ago that the Shelby name added approx $6000 to the sticker of every gt500, with most of that going to Shelby himself.

I thought I remembered in one of the videos/articles posted when the gt350 was unveiled was that it was a $1k royalty fee for shelby every time they put the name on the car. Only place I remember seeing the Shelby name on the GT350 is the chin spoiler.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
How much does a Mustang GT with all the option-able performance goodies cost? It's well into the $40Ks, isn't it? Now consider that a Mustang GT with all its performance options probably still won't come anywhere close to touching even the base GT350, much less the GT350R. Is it still over priced? Be aware that 920A is the R package. A well equipped base GT350 can still be had comfortably under $60K.

I got my GT with Premium and Performance Pack for $36.1K (MSRP $39.6K). A base GT350 with the Tech package, which gives me the options I have in my car, is $56.5K. I love the GT350 but I can do a helluva lot with $20K.

Z06

Established Member
GT350 Price Leaked, Again??

Not sure if this has been posted here before as I am seeing conflicting dates but C&D posted this yesterday along with a couple other sites.

Surprisingly, the 2016 GT350 will be less expensive than expected, ringing in at $49,995 to start. (Technically, the base price is $48,695, but the order guide on Mustang6G appears to show a $1300 gas-guzzler tax, and we always include such fees in the base prices of cars so affected.) The even harder-core, track-focused GT350R treatment requires an additional $13,500, meaning you won’t be able to pick one up for less than $63,495. As seen on the leaked 2015 GT350 order guide, buyers of the 2016 models will be offered a host of upgrades, including a black-painted roof ($695), racing stripes ($475), a Technology package ($7500), and—for GT350 models only—a Track package ($6500).

2016-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT350-PLACEMENT-626x382.jpg

http://blog.caranddriver.com/omusta...aign=Feed:+caranddriver/blog+(Car+and+Driver)

RaceRedSnake

Established Member
This is the first I have heard of a gas guzzler tax. I am surprised that I have heard no complaints about the gas guzzler tax. I know I will not complain about the gas guzzler tax because I want the performance rather than get a car that has no gas guzzler tax but has lame performance. I can hardly wait to get my hands on a GT350 R.

Lemers

Established Member
The $1300 GG tax is for a car that get between 20.5 and 21.5 MPG combined. So I'm guessing it will be labeled 21 MPG combined.

That's what a lot of cars were getting before the tuffer CAFE standards in the last few years.

Users who are viewing this thread