2018 has to be better. what was your 2017 horror stories....

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
This thread deserves a spinoff, what was the worst year of your life. I have to go back to the 90's for that one.

Machdup1

Established Member
Became a diabetic.

Split my achilles, snapped tendons in right foot. Two months in a boot and six months of PT.

Mom died right before Christmas.

I'd love to bitch about my "problems," but many of you have had it worse.

Here's to making 2018 better!

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
Almost passed on in late October, filter I have to catch blot clots clogged up. Also, right before X-Mas my Crown Vic gave up the ghost at 256K. So I traded that and my beloved '03 Cobra in for a '17 Focus ST.

_Snake_

Established Member
February - position eliminated at work. Somehow found an internal opportunity

March - pool pump died

April - plumbimg in entire house backs up due to root damage in one of the pipes. Shelled out a nice chunk of change for sewer repairs

May - roof repairs. Yay, more money for not-fun stuff. Unrelated, my sister goes crazy and destoys her relationship with our parents. Still not talking to each other as of today.

June - got sick and went out of work on disability. Spent the next 12 weeks on antibiotics fighting an infection we later learned was encapsulated

August - surgery (removed a piece of my intestine and my appendix). Four nights in the hospital. Found out that I had a dead bowel and my intestine had adhered itself to my bladder, abdomen, and appendix.

September - IRMA. And a gall bladder removal for my wife

October - realize my shoulder is AFU from the antibiotics and begin physical therapy 3x/week. Return to work to learn my position is at risk of being eliminated again

November - our dog loses sight in his other eye and is now completely blind

December - receive the second worst year end performance review I’ve ever had, in spite of the fact I wasn’t at work for 4 months. Water heater craps the bed at year end

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
So 2017 has to go down as the worst year I've experienced in my recent memory. It started in January with my wife's brother commiting suicide by Opiate. He was mid 20's and has always has drug issues. What prompted the final issue was he didn't get a job he was looking forward to and his GF broke up with him. Personally I can't explain, but I've never had a drug addiction or depression.

Followed that up by totaling my 99 Lightning that I had 0 plans to ever get rid of. Just literally pulled out in front of someone doing 55+ mph. Never saw him just heard brakes lock up. I was fine, but my beloved truck was done.

Then my oldest son got arrested on Mardi Gras day. Disturbing the peace and a firearm on a parade route. The AR15 was in the trunk of his car that they decided to search when they arrested him. Eventually everything was thrown out, but it cost me $2500 in lawyer fees.

Then my youngest son wrecks the 16 GT, nobody hurt but just adds to the nonsense.

Lastly and the craziest shit ever was that my oldest(19), whom had been arrested earlier in the year, decides that he and 4 of his friends are going to rob the local drug dealer. My son doesn't do drugs. Verified by the multiple drug tests he has to do to work as a contractor for refineries. Not only blood but hair samples. He's clean, just stupid. So back to the story. One of his friends does drugs and sells some also. The drug dealer they're going to rob at one point had given my son's friend a fake $100 bill. So, they arrange to go buy some weed from said drug dealer. They give him the fake $100 bill back and then chaos ensues. That guy gets with his dad and they pursue the 4 boys on a high speed chase that stops in the front of my tiny one road subdivision. The guy pulls out a hand gun and shoots several shots into the truck my son is riding in, hitting nobody at the time thankfully. They boys pull off and as they are 30 feet away they guy then pulls out a shotgun and shots two more shots, hitting the truck and some of the buckshot grazed my son's leg. This entire time my son had his AR15 with him in the truck, as they were going coyote hunting. At this point he fires multiple times back hitting the truck the other people are in, nobody injured. And the boys flee. Cops are called. Eventually everyone is arrested, my son with charges of 2 counts of attempted murder, along with unlawful discharge, criminal damage to property, etc.....His friends are charged with simple burglary, conspiracy, etc...The other truck is charged with 4 counts of attempted murder. My son is hit with about $200K in fines and of course the possibility of doing real time. I decide it's best for him to think about the shit he gets into, pay for an attorney to fight the charges instead of losing $24K to bail him out. He ends up in jail for 50 days until all charges are finally dropped against him and his friends. Where the gun fight took place the house has cameras showing everything which shows their story as being correct and being a case of self defense. From what I understand the first crime burglary doesn't follow the 2nd crime of the attempted murder as they were in different locations. He was released before Thanksgiving and I was counting the days to get out of 2017. The AR is gone, partial payment to his attorney. He has been much smarter about choices since that point, has gone back to work as a contractor. He also doesn't deal with the friend anymore that instigated this.

I hope that 2018 goes smooth.

@Zemedici

Good God man!

I also have 2 boys.. although younger currently at 9 and 7 years old. I can imagine how this all must have felt. I cannot relate, obviously, but for some reason i feel like i can.

Thank God it all worked out, wow.

Having all charges dropped and having your son back at home is one of the biggest things we'd be saying we are "Thankful" for at the table sitting down for Thanksgiving dinner.

Wow!

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Good God man!

I also have 2 boys.. although younger currently at 9 and 7 years old. I can imagine how this all must have felt. I cannot relate, obviously, but for some reason i feel like i can.

Thank God it all worked out, wow.

Having all charges dropped and having your son back at home is one of the biggest things we'd be saying we are "Thankful" for at the table sitting down for Thanksgiving dinner.

Wow!

Absolutely. For nearly two months our only conversations were on phone after 8 for about 15 minutes a day or once every other Weds for 30 minutes through clear partitions. It was very rough and hard to keep sanity with everything that was happening. Then all the gossip from neighbors..

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Absolutely. For nearly two months our only conversations were on phone after 8 for about 15 minutes a day or once every other Weds for 30 minutes through clear partitions. It was very rough and hard to keep sanity with everything that was happening. Then all the gossip from neighbors..
I have two boys, early to mid twenties. One of them was nuts for about 6 years, I mean borderline insane, and then all of sudden he grew out of that shit. Broke ties with all the effing idiots he called friends, changed phone numbers a couple of times, and moved on with his life. I thought I would never see the day, and then out of the blue it arrived.

With faith and fortitude I can say with confidence that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Hang in there, Dad. It's a damn hard job, but there will be a pay day.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I have two boys, early to mid twenties. One of them was nuts for about 6 years, I mean borderline insane, and then all of sudden he grew out of that shit. Broke ties with all the effing idiots he called friends, changed phone numbers a couple of times, and moved on with his life. I thought I would never see the day, and then out of the blue it arrived.

With faith and fortitude I can say with confidence that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Hang in there, Dad. It's a damn hard job, but there will be a pay day.

Thanks, I believe he is seeing the errors of his ways.

Step daughter diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer and given a year. Wife totaled our 13 Edge. Other then that everything hunky dory.

Man sorry to hear that. 2017 was a real shitty year for a lot of us.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Thanks, I believe he is seeing the errors of his ways.

I think for my boy, it was an age thing. No matter how many mistakes he made, he wouldn't learn from them until all those freakin' synapses finally connected in his prefrontal cortex, which is where we make decisions involving judgment. It's the last thing to mature in the male brain and the reason rental car companies don't like to rent to males under 25. Mine hit 25 and his brain finally started to work.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
You are above ground and got your junk, it is off to a good start.

I hate New Orleans and Bourbon Street makes the who place smell like the back of a dump truck.

Sent from my hairy pimpled buttocks using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I had a great 2017.... not much to complain about. Hopefully 2018 can continue the momentum.
Same here. I got a good raise last year and nothing went too bad where it bothered me.
Just waiting for the new raise to kick in for "hopefully" a great start to a great 2018.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Man, one is tough but both buds is beyond sad. I hope you decide to take in a new friend or two. The human and canine relationship is so natural to us that it must have evolutionary history.

Not yet Dale, gonna take a dog break for awhile. Really miss them though. We had them 13 years.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Got nothing on OP. Just some issues with my daughter's behavior in 1st grade that we're trying to work through. I mean, having to go to a job I hate every day sucks. But it's nothing compared to what OP went through.

2018 is shaping up to suck, though.
Kids pick up on parents unhappiness. I hope you guys figure it out. We had one kid that was starting bullying my girl and she almost did not want to go to school. At first we thought it was some sort of separation anxiety. Once we got to the bottom of it the school worked by keeping the kids watched and not sitting at the same table. It worked and we did not have to cause any issues or take aggressive intervention.

Single mom raising a young man, he now hugs me when I come in the class. I am torn of trying to get him and my boy to play together but the mom is kind of ugly and I know she would want to tap a great catch like me.

If you can get a doc to note she has some behavior issues, the school will develop and IEP Individual Education Plan, required by law. Best of luck, kids are so worth the good fight.

Users who are viewing this thread