2018 has to be better. what was your 2017 horror stories....

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Absolutely. For nearly two months our only conversations were on phone after 8 for about 15 minutes a day or once every other Weds for 30 minutes through clear partitions. It was very rough and hard to keep sanity with everything that was happening. Then all the gossip from neighbors..
Man, let him come home after starting a rumor of your own. He killed his gossiping neighbors while they were home alone, late at night.

Sent from my hairy pimpled buttocks using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Not yet Dale, gonna take a dog break for awhile. Really miss them though. We had them 13 years.
Fully understand. My aunt and uncle just lost theirs. Around Thanksgiving and have some ordered up for an April ready date.

My poor uncle was the first W5 in the Marines, a pretty hardcore and very intelligent guy. This past July the moved from Ohio to AZ. He screw his upper back up and it is killing him, he moved to AZ for the hiking trails. Doing my best to get him through it with all my spinal issues.

Again, when you get the newbs, post up pics!

Sent from my hairy pimpled buttocks using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Father in law had to be rushed into triple bypass surgery. Mom almost died in the hospital and didn’t tell anyone until it she was out. I had to drop my class and am having to retake it.
On the bright side wife got the job she wanted. My nephew who hasn’t seen me in 4 years called me to reconnect.
Here’s to a bright 2018

CV355

_
Established Member
Not that this is a contest, but I think I'd win this one.

Not getting into it. Surprised I made it through 2017 by sheer willpower.

Adower

Established Member
My wife go Into three minor car accidents within three months. Two not at fault. One at fault. All in the same car.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
2017: Nothing really but a shitload of work. We were understaffed and I kept offering to work. Made damn good money. Oh, and I went to Spain for like 10 days for really no reason other than the plane ticket was cheap. I hiked el Caminito del Rey which had been on my list for some time.

be4bkZQ.jpg

I also got caught in a 6 car pile up. POS wasn't worth 1K and they cut me a check for $3,500. I finished driving it to work, and drove it home too. :)

iGIF6ho.jpg

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
Not that this is a contest, but I think I'd win this one.

Not getting into it. Surprised I made it through 2017 by sheer willpower.

Oh come on

That’s like saying ‘yeah your cars quick but I’ve got a faster one at home’

What happened?

stangfreak

Established Member
Hoping I get a different job this year. My job is indescribable. Too much pressure and its effecting my life. To the point I get physically sick. I shouldn't let a job do that to me but, I am a hard worker and I want things done.

2016 I had my heart broken by a woman who I loved. It went into 2017. I know it sounds weak and need to get over it but a broken heart is horrible. Its not that bad now, but, if I go to certain places or a memory pops up, it stings a bit. I learned a lot from that experience and also learned there is no time frame, rules, set time to heal. Everyone reacts and handles things differently.

yes it can be worse and others do have bigger issues. I am thankful for what I have and I try to surround myself with positive people. I hope the future is bright for me and to others who are sharing there problems in this thread. God bless.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
2017 sucked. Had surgery to remove skin cancer for the 3rd time. Was a lot worse than they originally thought and took 32 stitches. Had surgery on my shoulder for a torn labrum and torn rotator cuff. Removed part of my collarbone due to impingement on the ac joint. Physical therapy was (and still is) tons of fun. Hurricane Harvey hit. Avoided flooding but the area got ****ed up and had to evacuate for a week which was super sweet with 1 arm moving all my shit around and wrangling 2 dogs. Heart condition that I have that's been under control for the past 2 years reared its ugly head again in October. Wife got rearended to the tune of $10k in damage. Girl lied about how she did it, cop didn't give her a ticket, her insurance told us to get ****ed. Had to file on ours and our insurance company wouldn't go after them. Between deductible and rental car out over $2k out of my pocket. I'm sure there's other shit I'm too tired to remember.

Oh and in 2016 my mom died, one of my best friends died, and my best friend (my dog) died all within 3 months of each other.

Surely 2018 has to be better right? Right??

quad

Established Member
Wow OP, terrible year you had. Hope 2018 is a great year for you!

I can't complain, 2017 was not bad for me. 2016 we lost our male Beagle and had a very hard time dealing with it.

2veloce2003

Established Member
It is true when you think your life sucks until you hear someone’s heart wrenching story. I was diagnosed to live only 4 to 6 months in October 2016. Sold my house, put all final papers together, moved into an apartment and had palliative care started. There is a good reason why doctors are in a practice!

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
April- Had triple hernia surgery. I left my job and went to work for a new IT company. In my first day on the job, I noticed some bulges that weren't normal. Went to urgent care that night, and she diagnosed me with 3 hernias. Second day of work, I had to break the news to my boss that I was going out for surgery and would miss 2 weeks of work. Talk about an awkward conversation LOL. I can say, my company was 100% supportive and backed me 100% the entire time. For this, I am a pretty loyal employee. Its amazing how much good faith an employer can build by taking care of its employees. Must be why we are rated almost 5/5 on Glassdoor by almost every employee. PS if you are in MD/NOVA area and looking for an IT job (Network Engineer, developer, software tester, etc) shoot me a PM.

October- Had surgery on my wrist. When I was in the Army, I royally screwed up my wrist and they mis-diagnosed it of course. I had to have surgery to correct the issues that could have been prevented had the DOD healthcare system pulled it head out of its ass. Again, I missed 2 weeks of work and my employer supported me 100%, letting me WFH for a few weeks after I came back to avoid driving.

2017 was a very mixed year. Started a new job I love, but realized I'm getting old after two surgeries in the same year. 27 is the new 40? Damn the infantry....

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
2017 was very good for me, business was good, stable, just celebrated 16 years with the girlfriend, family is healthy, my brother had his first kid in October, I bought a sweet low mileage 2013 raptor super crew, no real complaints.

2016 sucked for me, my dad went in for “routine” heart surgery, needed a mitral valve clip, they knocked him out with the anesthesia, he went into cardiac arrest, and died on the table before they could even start. Not what we were expecting. That was the biggest shock of my life. He had been ill for a few years with other issues but had beat them all until this.

2018 looks quiet, working on a deal to try and get a Popeyes on some commercial land we have, thats about it for now.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
2017 was very good for me, business was good, stable, just celebrated 16 years with the girlfriend, family is healthy, my brother had his first kid in October, I bought a sweet low mileage 2013 raptor super crew, no real complaints.

2016 sucked for me, my dad went in for “routine” heart surgery, needed a mitral valve clip, they knocked him out with the anesthesia, he went into cardiac arrest, and died on the table before they could even start. Not what we were expecting. That was the biggest shock of my life. He had been ill for a few years with other issues but had beat them all until this.

2018 looks quiet, working on a deal to try and get a Popeyes on some commercial land we have, thats about it for now.

Sorry to hear about your father, Dave.
I'm going through something similar now. My dad has been suffering from Dementia for 5 years, and as of 4 days ago, he is no longer eating or drinking anything. He is in a hospital and someone normally has to feed him (Mom, sister, me or the help at the hospital). He will no longer swallow his food or drink. He's loosing all kinds of wait. They called my mom yesterday with the same update, and then asked her if there is a certain funeral home she would like to use in case something happens over the weekend.
6 days into 2018 and this year just sucks.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Sorry to hear about your father, Dave.
I'm going through something similar now. My dad has been suffering from Dementia for 5 years, and as of 4 days ago, he is no longer eating or drinking anything. He is in a hospital and someone normally has to feed him (Mom, sister, me or the help at the hospital). He will no longer swallow his food or drink. He's loosing all kinds of wait. They called my mom yesterday with the same update, and then asked her if there is a certain funeral home she would like to use in case something happens over the weekend.
6 days into 2018 and this year just sucks.
I hate this for you and your family. I learned a lot from Hospice care when my dad and FIL departed some years ago. Found out it's not like on TV.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Thanks 98 svt, hang in there, surround yourself with those you can count on, its times like this when you find out who your real friends and family area

Users who are viewing this thread