2nd Annual Terminator Shootout Track Rental @ MIR!!!

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
well Ive come into a predicament (spell?).....Ill be there one way or another....just not sure if the car will be where I wanted it to be :bash:

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Well the car might be out. Seems it hooked a little better with the new mod's. Well along with the track prep. 4 cars toasted their rearends last night and I was the first.

First pass pulled a miserable 1.68 but for once knew that it would get better easily. 2nd pass launched at or a little above 5500 and it dead hooked, went 3 feet and BOOM! Thought it was a halfshaft but seems it's the ring and pinion. We'll see tonight.

I'll probably still ride up to watch.

Pop a new center chunk in there or pull it and and drop it off at a gear shop. My guy up here would do it over night for me. snap snap lets go.............

Rice Eatr

Established Member
Hoosier 28" full slicks. I hope this is a hint at how this thing might 60'.

Get that thing torn a part and see what the problem is!! A ring and pinion or carrier would only take a day to order and receive. The IRS only takes a couple hours to drop - (4) cage bolts, rear tires, cat back, (4) DS bolts, IRS sensors, brake lines. Could be back running by Monday. If I could remember the exact tool you need I would list those as well. If you run into issues/questions you have my #.

I bet your car runs better 60' times with the Eaton. Having more power is great for bench racing and dyno sheets but if you can't get it to stick out of the hole it really doesn't matter.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Uh oh.........Don't really like the sound of this......

Car is fine. I was just hoping to add my new rear. Picking it up Monday and have to decide if I put it in with a 3 day window. My only concern is the brake lines but just might do it a diff way

Rice Eatr

Established Member
Car is fine. I was just hoping to add my new rear. Picking it up Monday and have to decide if I put it in with a 3 day window. My only concern is the brake lines but just might do it a diff way

Given (3) days, if it isn't broken don't mess with it. :lol1:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Rearend is still in the car but I'll be there with it and ready to race. It's getting torn down this weekend and if I have to I'll order parts next-day-air and it'll be back together Tuesday night latest.

Then we'll tune it on the street for Blower only no nitrous. Hopefully my tuner can get it tuned Wednesday night for both on the dyno but I won't be there. With my wife and two kids I can't be gone a day early.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Well I've run into an issue. The trailer I was going to borrow is in use and no longer available, not sure what I'm going to do. Making calls and posting up on local boards trying to find another one.

03cobra283

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Established Member
I just checked the weather, its not looking so good. Says cloudy with chance of rain, thats from accuweather.com and weather.com says 40% chance of rain

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Well I've run into an issue. The trailer I was going to borrow is in use and no longer available, not sure what I'm going to do. Making calls and posting up on local boards trying to find another one.

UHaul has good ones?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I just checked the weather, its not looking so good. Says cloudy with chance of rain, thats from accuweather.com and weather.com says 40% chance of rain

That means 60% chance of no rain :banana:. Odds are in our favor that it won't rain then...plus, if it only sprinkles, MIR does have a jet drier they can haul out to dry the track off. Lets keep an eye on it though...

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
That means 60% chance of no rain :banana:. Odds are in our favor that it won't rain then...plus, if it only sprinkles, MIR does have a jet drier they can haul out to dry the track off. Lets keep an eye on it though...

it POURED at Pinks All Out...it was like a mini hurricane for an hour at about 10am and we were racing by 1. if the morning does get washed though, we will have to race with the street night

Users who are viewing this thread