3 0f 5 Teaser

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
This car doesn't look to employ the available technologies that we thought it would. Personally, I believe there will be an R model and that we will see the kitchen sink bolted to that one.
This is not necessarily a bad thing. The cost of those technologies would have pushed the price up relatively dramatically. GM doesn't seem to be doing a very good job of selling a $75k+ 505 hp, "track car" (as described on their site). I doubt very many would be lining up to pay $80k for a GT350 that is only slightly, if at all, better. Ford will, IMO, focus on what will sell. GT500's sold VERY well. So well in fact, that even at the end of the production run there were basically only a handful of unsold cars.
This is another reason why I think this car will not be a limited power FPC V8. Ford knows horsepower sells. Just IMO, of course, and I could be completely wrong. Just six more days...
S.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
based on the videos at the 'ring, it appeared to be two different cars testing, hence why we think there may be an R model.

As long as this car is base price in GT500 territory, I am in.

cclark

Established Member
based on the videos at the 'ring, it appeared to be two different cars testing, hence why we think there may be an R model.

If there's 2 versions I'm sure the regular gt350 will be gt500 $$$ territory but I'm sure the R one will be up around and probably above the z 28 marker. Just my thought

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member

Let's remember...the Boss (which some suspect is what this car is patterned after) was a ~$43k car with 444 hp. The GT500 was a ~$55k car with 662 hp. With the GT500, I don't think it's as track capable without ~$8k worth or PP, TP and Recaros...which puts it at a $63k car to be considered "track credible". My sliding scale is such that if the car is not a TT V8 and is a limited hp FPC making 500-550 hp, I'm not interested regardless of price. If it's a FPC making 600 hp and weighing ~3500# (of which I am very hopeful but also very pessimistic), I'm in as long as the price is within reason. If it's a TT V8, just shut up and take my money, lol.
S.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
The only thing I can advise here is don't put all your eggs in the 11-17 basket.

Raj and Farley both make use of the term "vehicles."

93SVTvenom

Established Member
My thought is things like ceramic brake and CF driveshaft may be options (Just like the recaros are) ... I think that there is a possibility of an R version (one N/A and one ECOBoost) as well. Will be interesting to see what the dream weavers have come up with ... Looks like I will be coming back to the States at just the right time ... hopefully = )

az20115.0

Established Member
In the videos you can clearly see two different cars testing. I dont know if any one noticed, but they also sound different. The more aggressive one sounds a lot more like a NA V8.. The the other one, well, it can go both ways.. I bet the less aggressive one will have the ecoboost V6.. They can get tons of power out them, and it would make a nice home in the Mustang.. I bet its not even going to be the 3.5 but the 2.7 because that one has the really neat block similar to the powerstrokes. Now imagine a 500 hp 2.7L Ecoboost.. Sounds pretty neat.. We'll see but that's my prediction. The Carbon cermaic brakes will probably come with the 5.2L, the recaros will be standard in both

Last edited:

az20115.0

Established Member
It better be but its probably not gonna be.. There is no point to it. If they max out the coyote with a displacement bump, the should easily get around 600 + HP.. What do you need turbos for? 1000 hp? RWD Turbo cars are wild on a track so the only reason why they would introduce an ecoboost is to save weight, hence the V6.. So I imagine the Mustang latter will be as such.. Base V6, then Ecoboost 4, then 5.0, the Eco V6, then 5.2.. That would probably make the most sense

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I'll go put down a deposit on 11/18 if they announce a turbo 5.0/5.2 car.... but I seriously doubt it will be. All the mention of "EcoBoost" in the video makes you wonder though.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It better be but its probably not gonna be.. There is no point to it. If they max out the coyote with a displacement bump, the should easily get around 600 + HP.. What do you need turbos for? 1000 hp? RWD Turbo cars are wild on a track so the only reason why they would introduce an ecoboost is to save weight, hence the V6.. So I imagine the Mustang latter will be as such.. Base V6, then Ecoboost 4, then 5.0, the Eco V6, then 5.2.. That would probably make the most sense

If a TT V8 turns out to be more efficient than the supercharged V8 (which in most cases it is) then they will do it. Why? Well the responses in here speak for themselves; the cars will sell. It doesn't matter what the limits are. SVT can make a badass performing TT car at 600hp and if someone wants to push it up to 1000hp then that's their choice. It's in Ford's best interest though to make that possible, and make the drivetrain strong enough to handle it because it's inevitable that Mustang owners will push it to the limit.

Naste50

Established Member
Lets look at the known facts: Ford very recently trademarked gt350r. They used the same font as the one shown in these videos. This car is clearly built for the track but it doesn't have the carbon ceramic disks. They also let it slip that its a 5.2 V8 and this flat plane rumor makes a LOT of sense. This would mean that it does NOT use Coyote architecture. Completely different block design. Jamal said that SVT uses bespoke engines in their vehicles. They don't put beefed up Coyote or Eco Boost Taurus engines in the SVT Mustangs. SVT always puts something extra special under the hood. That's why the Boss wasn't an SVT. Everyone has been begging for a lighter, naturally aspirated, high rpm Mustang for years. This is it my friends. This thing is going to have a LOT of carbon fiber used to drop significant weight. It will be more hardcore than a Corvette Stingray for less $. Its going to be a sales home run for Ford. Stingrays sell like hotcakes and this will light them up at a much better value. If anyone thinks this is going to be the successor to the 662hp GT500, you are sadly mistaken. That car will come down the road...hopefully right when my 2014 Shelby is payed off! This could be really far out but I will predict a 6.2 DOHC TT. I just can't imagine them not putting 4 cams on that 6.2 at some point down the line.

Last edited:

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Lets look at the known facts: Ford very recently trademarked gt350r. They used the same font as the one shown in these videos. This car is clearly built for the track but it doesn't have the carbon ceramic disks. They also let it slip that its a 5.2 V8 and this flat plane rumor makes a LOT of sense. This would mean that it does NOT use Coyote architecture. Completely different block design. Jamal said that SVT uses bespoke engines in their vehicles. They don't put beefed up Coyote or Eco Boost Taurus engines in the SVT Mustangs. SVT always puts something extra special under the hood. That's why the Boss wasn't an SVT. Everyone has been begging for a lighter, naturally aspirated, high rpm Mustang for years. This is it my friends. This thing is going to have a LOT of carbon fiber used to drop significant weight. It will be more hardcore than a Corvette Stingray for less $. Its going to be a sales home run for Ford. Stingrays sell like hotcakes and this will light them up at a much better value. If anyone thinks this is going to be the successor to the 662hp GT500, you are sadly mistaken. That car will come down the road...hopefully right when my 2014 Shelby is payed off! This could be really far out but I will predict a 6.2 DOHC TT. I just can't imagine them not putting 4 cams on that 6.2 at some point down the line.

The only known fact is that nothing is fact until it's publicly stated by ford, period. I'm sure there are several people that know more juicy details, yet are sworn to secrecy for the financial tactics behind releasing such information at the right time, there is a reason and a lot of planning has gone into it. Anything else you see, hear, or read is nothing more than a rumor or speculation. Not a fact! If we're posting in this thread chances are we know the speculations of 5.2 NA FPC it's been talked about for over a year. Some of you who think repeating what we've already heard a thousand times with such "certainty" you're speculating, that doesn't make it fact, just because some parts showed up in the Ford Parts System dubbed (NA 5.2L) you "could" be right, I'm not saying you aren't.

I'm simply stating there's a difference between "Facts" and "Speculation" There are several people my self included who are taken back by the persistent mentioning of ecoboost in a Shelby build up video. I would put a very large sum of money that "IF" there is an ecoboost Shelby, it will be a V8, if it's not it would be the First Shelby Mustang that hasn't had a v8. Speculation obviously, I just don't see them doing this to Carrolls' legacy, needless to say I'm very excited for what's to come! A Factory ecoboost 5.0 would have massive appeal and would be far more capable on a road course than a PD blower, not to mention the benefits of both efficiency and consistency.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
I think there may be something to this whole boost idea....
The shot of the trans...
after that cats there are sections of flex pipe...
Why? No other 2015 has it, nor do any v8s from fox days till now.
Why would this car all of the sudden have something different??
Maybe it's nothing, but I think a turbo(s) is a possibility. But then again...
high revving? How high would a turbo v8 realistically rev in a factory car...
Too much to speculate over. But hey, this time next week, we will know alot more than we do now!

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member

what happens when this car has no SVT badge on it? and the voodoo is loosely based off coyote bones.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
What is shown in the video contradicts much of this. There are no CCB's. No CF driveshaft. No CF wheels. So where is all of the carbon fiber going to be? Even that header panel is a CF composite.
I am only speaking for myself, but I don't know of anybody else who is "begging for a lighter, naturally aspirated, high rpm Mustang". I know lots of people who want big horsepower. And big brakes (the GT500 had them, but they needed work to be track ready). And a more power-friendly drivetrain that doesn't have to be horribly hobbled by an "electronic powertrain feature". Very, very few people will actually track these cars. Catering to a demographic like that is a recipe for failure. As much as a track rat like me would love to see a 3500#, 600 hp NA, 15" carbon ceramic brake "track car" with a 19" 305 square setup and 5-point harness-ready seats...this won't be it IMO. From what we have seen, there is no way this car will be lighter than a GT.
And quite frankly, I don't think I'd put my money into what would essentially be an experimental engine for Ford. A 5.2 liter FPC? Yeah...let somebody else be a guinea pig. I don't really have any desire to blow an untested engine into T12 at Road Atlanta. Or T17 at Sebring.
i am sticking with a TT V8, 3800#, more refined brakes based on the known 15" Brembos with hopefully a new caliper design, 2-piece rotors (shown in video) and better cooling and a more advanced damping system. And 5-point harness capable seats would be awesome.
S.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
The only known fact is that nothing is fact until it's publicly stated by ford, period. I'm sure there are several people that know more juicy details, yet are sworn to secrecy for the financial tactics behind releasing such information at the right time, there is a reason and a lot of planning has gone into it. Anything else you see, hear, or read is nothing more than a rumor or speculation. Not a fact! If we're posting in this thread chances are we know the speculations of 5.2 NA FPC it's been talked about for over a year. Some of you who think repeating what we've already heard a thousand times with such "certainty" you're speculating, that doesn't make it fact, just because some parts showed up in the Ford Parts System dubbed (NA 5.2L) you "could" be right, I'm not saying you aren't.

I'm simply stating there's a difference between "Facts" and "Speculation" There are several people my self included who are taken back by the persistent mentioning of ecoboost in a Shelby build up video. I would put a very large sum of money that "IF" there is an ecoboost Shelby, it will be a V8, if it's not it would be the First Shelby Mustang that hasn't had a v8. Speculation obviously, I just don't see them doing this to Carrolls' legacy, needless to say I'm very excited for what's to come! A Factory ecoboost 5.0 would have massive appeal and would be far more capable on a road course than a PD blower, not to mention the benefits of both efficiency and consistency.
Very well said.
S.

az20115.0

Established Member
I just dont see the point of Ford adding turbos to what seems like should be a very neat V8 engine.. They should be able to get around 600 without FI.. so once again, what do they need turbos on an already great engine for? 5.2L is just too big for turbos for a car like that.. Its not necessary to make a good track car. In fact, twin turbo 5.2L would probably be too crazy for any kind of serious track use.. The only thing that would make sense is a much smaller engine with turbos for weight savings.. Can anyone think of a turbo V8 in any capable sports car out there these days with the exception of the McClaren mp4-12c? And that engine is only 3.8L making close to 600 HP.. Think GTR, think 911 turbo, think McClaren.. None of these cars need anything more than 3.8 Liters to make massive HP, and neither does Ford.. But I could be completely wrong.. we shall see

Users who are viewing this thread