3 0f 5 Teaser

az20115.0

Established Member
I think you fail to realize that the gt500 is the straight line car, hence the ecoboost v8 making 600+. It seems like ford has put a lot of their weight savings technologies in the svt versions first although I think they'll eventually make their way to the lower models( but could be svt specific to make them more exclusive). By your logic the ecoboost v6 should be in this car but it's evident it isn't.

Well yes, I do realize that the GT500 is a straight line car.. And it seems to me that the new SVT line are not going to be straight line cars.. When I said hopped up coyote, I misspoke.. Probably a new engine but we dont know anything other than seeing some leaked part pictures that point out 5.2L.. Anyway, if they are not going for another one trick pony that can only go straight, I imagine a twin turbo V8 is not necessary.. Bottom line, both the ZL1 and the Z28 can run circles around the GT500 on a race track and Ford cannot afford to not make something that can match or beat them. and remember, the Z28 is a much faster car than the supercharged ZL1.. So if there is an ecoboost SVT, why would they make an ecoboost V8? Other than just impressing everyone on paper alone again... but who knows.. well know soon enough I guess

Last edited:

az20115.0

Established Member
plus I don't see why getting close to 600 hp out of a new FPC V8 is so hard.. Others have been getting well over 100hp/ltr for over a decade, like Honda, BMW, Porshe, Ferrari, and many more.. If they don't do it its because they dont want to do it, not because they cant, besides the Z28 is a fast as it is with an 8 year old NA engine.. Time catch up FORD! You can put big turbos on a school bus and make it fast, so simply turbocharging a V8 wont make Ford special.. Perhaps the only reason why they would boost a V8 again would be to compete with the new Z06 but I don't see how a Mustang can ever compete with a Z06 out of the box.. So my $.02 is that Ford would have to do something radical to keep up now, and a small, light weight, big turbo V6 would be radical.. A turbo V8 would not and most likely just overpower the chassis like they have been doing to the GT500s all these years..

Simply look at the on board videos of the Z28 and GT500 at the Nurburgring and you will see how much faster the Z28 really is.. Bmw went from V8 to a trubo V6 bacause it makes sence, Z28 has an NA V8 and is faster then the ZL1 because it make sense, some of the most competitive cars in the world either have a small turbo engine or and larger NA engine because that is what makes sense.. So once again, what is the point of another boosted V8 in a pony car

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Hopefully we will see an Ecoboost V8 in the next GT500. I dont think this new GT350 with have one though. I simply think that the engineers wouldnt have taken the time to put a tuned composite intake manifold on a turboed car.

[video=youtube;_uZGSsZH7YE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uZGSsZH7YE[/video]

The Focus ST uses a composite manifold and the car is warrantied based on a turbo pushing ~20psi. The video above shows that the right design composite can be robust enough for FI.

10splaya22

Established Member
From what I heard there will be a GT350 and GT350R. They will both have the NA 5.2L V8 with a 8700 rpm redline pushing about 600 hp/450tq. The regular GT350 will have 295 rear tires and the GT350R wider...not sure exactly though. I heard the GT350R will have carbon ceramic brakes and will be around 65-70k while the GT350 will start around 55k ish.

Thats my $0.02

az20115.0

Established Member
From what I heard there will be a GT350 and GT350R. They will both have the NA 5.2L V8 with a 8700 rpm redline pushing about 600 hp/450tq. The regular GT350 will have 295 rear tires and the GT350R wider...not sure exactly though. I heard the GT350R will have carbon ceramic brakes and will be around 65-70k while the GT350 will start around 55k ish.

Thats my $0.02

Hope your right

TORQUERULES

Established Member
What.jpg

Okay, what are we seeing here? I have seen some forums say this looks like a damper, but look at the pipes... If this is a damper, then those are turbo pipes? How about this, those are exhaust pipes and Ford is trying to show us something different happening at the rear of the car.

I have seen mention of the "transmission" not being a transmission at all, but instead a torque tube housing and the transmission is rear mounted. That seems far fetched, but this picture intrigues me nonetheless.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
^First thing I thought was exhaust pipes. Going up or around something at the rear axle.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
What about a BOSS 351? NA version of the 13-14. Still waiting on 4 of 5.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
[video=youtube;_uZGSsZH7YE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uZGSsZH7YE[/video]

The Focus ST uses a composite manifold and the car is warrantied based on a turbo pushing ~20psi. The video above shows that the right design composite can be robust enough for FI.

Well hell, consider foot inserted into mouth. Damn impressive actually. Go ford!

TORQUERULES

Established Member
View attachment 29019

Okay, what are we seeing here? I have seen some forums say this looks like a damper, but look at the pipes... If this is a damper, then those are turbo pipes? How about this, those are exhaust pipes and Ford is trying to show us something different happening at the rear of the car.

I have seen mention of the "transmission" not being a transmission at all, but instead a torque tube housing and the transmission is rear mounted. That seems far fetched, but this picture intrigues me nonetheless.

I can see etching on the "damper." Part Number?

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Well at least we know for sure that the front clip is new. The question is, did Ford use aluminum, steel, composite, or carbon fiber? We know some under hood structure will be carbon fiber composite.

Remember this... in the late '60s to the final '70 model, Shelby Mustangs of old made extensive use of fiberglass in the front to change their styling from the regular Mustang and to save weight...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread