3.73's Installed Noisy When Decelerating

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Quick update,
I took the car back to the shop and they opened it up and made some adjustments.
The noise has gone from a 7 to a 3 and still on decel most pronounced between 70-80 in 6th. At lower speeds you really have to listen for it.
The noise is now at a tolerable level to me and no where near as bad as before.
They still said it was the gears and would install a new set at much lower labor costs if I wanted. I have decided this is fine.
The 3.73's go great with the FRPP tune. The car finally feels like it has some balls to me:burnout:

How can they blame it on the gears, if adjusting something made it quieter? Did they give you a written warranty?

Exactly this right here. If the gears were setup 100% right the 1st there would be no adjust that could be done the 2nd time in all fairness they should 100% free of charge install a new gear set with zero labor cost an fluids. Maybe you buy a new set of gears but that's it.

Funny5.0

Established Member
Exactly this right here. If the gears were setup 100% right the 1st there would be no adjust that could be done the 2nd time in all fairness they should 100% free of charge install a new gear set with zero labor cost an fluids. Maybe you buy a new set of gears but that's it.

I hear you and maybe so but It's quite an improvement compared to before and I currently have a very busy life style to be dealing with this.
My biggest mistake was supplying gears for them to install. I should've bought the gears through them...
No warranty being a performance shop but after meeting the owner I feel pretty confident if anything came apart they'd stand behind their work.

Fun4me

Established Member
I hear you and maybe so but It's quite an improvement compared to before and I currently have a very busy life style to be dealing with this.
My biggest mistake was supplying gears for them to install. I should've bought the gears through them...
No warranty being a performance shop but after meeting the owner I feel pretty confident if anything came apart they'd stand behind their work.
Your money.:coolman:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Aslong as your happy that's all matters.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
If it makes noise now it will get worse with age. Get a new set of gears and have them do it over. If there not meshing right they make noise. Also if u have an aftermarket upper or lowers that will make the noise even louder.

No it won't..... Mine have had decel whine for 7 years. It won't get any worse and it won't hurt anything

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread