32V Twin Turbo 5.4L Project - Pics and Commentary

FordFanStan

Established Member
ShockTherapy said:
Stay tuned for more pics/videos.

Will do, and glad to hear your grabbin 1st in the shows and can't wait to see the mag shoot... Sounds like all your hard work is payin off... good luck on winning many more trophies... Stan

ShockTherapy

Established Member
FordFanStan said:
Will do, and glad to hear your grabbin 1st in the shows and can't wait to see the mag shoot... Sounds like all your hard work is payin off... good luck on winning many more trophies... Stan

Thanks Stan. You guys just need to keep KB ZILLA out of all the shows I attend. That way I have a better chance of winning :thumbsup:

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
ShockTherapy said:
Here's a pic after Sunday's show. I'm the 2nd from the right.

SundayTrophys.jpg

And Im 2nd from the left with my trophy (the road cone) Its tough to be in car shows with no truck.

EZ SPEED

Boost Kills !!!!!!!
Established Member
ShockTherapy said:
Thanks Stan. You guys just need to keep KB ZILLA out of all the shows I attend. That way I have a better chance of winning :thumbsup:

:lol: That first place trophy from Lightning Fest sure does look great in my shop :poke:

Seriously Congrats on the show and on the shoot also...Thats Awesome !!!

ShockTherapy

Established Member
KB ZILLA said:
:lol: That first place trophy from Lightning Fest sure does look great in my shop :poke:

Bwaaahhh, that's great. :lol:

Thanks for the props guys. I'm reaaaallly ready to get it on the dyno now and get a decent tune in it I can run at the track.

BT2001SVT

I'm an Agent of CHAOS!!
Established Member
Congrats on the Trophy and Photo Shoot; I think it's looooong overdue and your truck is well worth it. :beer:

now get us some numbers- J/K Congrats bro.

teeitup

Established Member
It took me 4hours to go through this thread, and it was totally worth it. Awesome ride Shock :rockon:
4hrs seems like alot, but in my defense I am at work.

ShockTherapy

Established Member
OK guys, 1st let me apologize for the lack of updates and responses lately. I spent soooo much time over the course of 4 months building this truck, I had to take a break, and needed to spend some time with the family. I also want to thank everyone that has had anything to do with this project. I couldn't start to list them all, but thanks to some local guys...Frank5L for the turbo inspiration and a few parts, rmfreeze for the generous use of his shop and wrenching on it with me at times, mhays26 for all his help, and all the other local guys that helped along the way. Also a huge thanks to everyone else (you know who you are) that helped out with information and even parts. I really appreciate it all.

That being said, on a whim I decided to put it on the dyno today. Ryan Allen was kind enough to write a few tunes for me, and I'm running the same one I drove to Lightning Fest on. It was close, took a little tweaking so we could smooth out the top of the graph, etc. Mind you this was all on pump gas, 15 degrees of timing, and ultimately 17psi, and a pretty much heat soaked engine. I think I made probably 16-17 pulls, and the last one had resulted in this.

685.3 RWHP / 673.3 tq
Std%20800%20copy.jpg

For those of you who like to see SAE, 662.8 / 651.2 were those numbers.
SAE%20800%20copy.jpg

I am extremely happy with what it did today considering it hasn't been dyno tuned yet and was on pump gas. There's still a good bit left in it at the same psi once I can dyno tune it. And OMG, what a beast it is on the street. :) I should have a vid or 2 to post tomorrow evening, stay tuned.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
1000 RWHP here you come! That is great man and props to you for taking time with the family. You must have a wonderful wife, I know my g/f puts up with a lot, LOL. Your truck is awesome. It's so unusual seeing the hp/tq being so close.

ShockTherapy

Established Member
Thanks again for all the encouragement and support guys. Yesterday's dyno activities definitely made it all worthwhile. I can't wait to get it to the track and see how it does. :beer:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
good lord that is awsome!!!!!! so glad it is putting the power down that you were aiming for
but what are you wanting your final numbers to look like? you only going to push it to 800 or are you going balls to the wall?
oh yeah might be time to pull the bed off and box the frame :uh oh:

Users who are viewing this thread