392 Wrangler.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
What is obvious? That’s it a “teaser”?

Chrysler/jeep has been consistently putting the hellcat in everything, why would you assume they won’t put a 6.4 in the wrangler or gladiator?

Just like i said Hook Line and Sinker

Is it on a build sheet to order? Just asking?

Jeep playing the game. Bronco launch is comming tons of people will be pre ordering and jeep sales will take some loss.

Overall the Bronco will be a better vehicle

john11gt

Established Member
But you clearly dont buy new vehicles so it doesn't matter. Ford is selling to those actually buying brand new vehicles.

Sure but i spent about 30k on my truck and it may not be a 80k superduty, it’s still a decent chunk of change that could have went to a ford dealer.

john11gt

Established Member

Jeep playing the game. Bronco launch is comming tons of people will be pre ordering and jeep sales will take some loss.

Don’t count your chickens before they hatch type of thing, I get you but at least jeep is showing that they are listening to their base.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Sure but i spent about 30k on my truck and it may not be a 80k superduty, it’s still a decent chunk of change that could have went to a ford dealer.
Doesn't matter because you still dont get it. Ford doesn't sell used vehicles. They sell new ones. Dealerships sell used vehicles

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Don’t count your chickens before they hatch type of thing, I get you but at least jeep is showing that they are listening to their base.

I dont completely disagree jeep does a better job selling to there base, but they still provide crappy brakes, motor, daily driving comfort.

john11gt

Established Member
I dont completely disagree jeep does a better job selling to there base, but they still provide crappy brakes, motor, daily driving comfort.

Maybe, but people aren’t buying jeeps because of ride quality or brakes.

The bronco will just be a warmed over dirt road cruiser with some fancy gadgets. The people that will buy the bronco will most likely care about mall crawling and less about off-roading but I still don’t think it will take away from jeep sales because people don’t want some off-brand jeep they want a jeep.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Maybe, but people aren’t buying jeeps because of ride quality or brakes.

The bronco will just be a warmed over dirt road cruiser with some fancy gadgets. The people that will buy the bronco will most likely care about mall crawling and less about off-roading but I still don’t think it will take away from jeep sales because people don’t want some off-brand jeep they want a jeep.

I think you are mostly correct about all that. But there will be people that switch just to see how they like it. If you remember the bronco in the 60s was no slouch and to get one today cost a pretty penny.

john11gt

Established Member
I think you are mostly correct about all that. But there will be people that switch just to see how they like it. If you remember the bronco in the 60s was no slouch and to get one today cost a pretty penny.

This bronco and the bronco from back then are not similar aside from the top and doors coming off.

I really wanted to like the bronco but the ifs is an absolute deal breaker for me. When people start wanting to lift these things and they realized how much lifting an ifs ****ing blows and how expensive it’s going to be, they’re probably not going to do it.

That’s probably why ford is allowing it to fit almost 35s stock because not many will lift them.

john11gt

Established Member
And an ifs blows off-road unless you have real deep pockets. Watch some videos of the new jeep Cherokee trail hawk off-road, it will give you an idea how this bronco will do.

just a spoiler, it’s ****ing laughable.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Toyota has taken a small little piece of Wranglers market, it still doesn’t directly compete. They appeal to different people. Wrangler absolutely dominates the “serious” off-road market. Toyota 4Runner/Tacoma’s are highly capable off-road vehicles (dead nuts reliable) but really pale in comparison to what a Wrangler can really do.

Ford hasn’t even been in the picture. It just now enters the segment with the Bronco and it will find itself in between the Wrangler and 4Runner. Not quite a wrangler, not quite a 4runner.

Would like to see a badass Bronco, but given Ford’s recent history, I won’t be holding my breath....
I wanted Ford truck last summer when my ST was totaled. $50k for a basic 4x4 crew with no options did not work for me. Then I wanted the 2 dr Rubicon but in 8 years it had gone up nearly $15k. Looked at the scat but wanted the wide body 6 months away.
This left the Tacoma TRD off road at $4k+ off brand new it was sold. Now a year into ownership and 20k miles I see my error even if it did save me $10k+.

Today the new bronco would be mine but it’s too damn late. Jeep wouldn’t deal and at $50k+ it’s too close in price for me to pass on the $55k Tremor!

Now just the wait....

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I wanted Ford truck last summer when my ST was totaled. $50 for a basic 4x4 crew with no options did not work for me. Then I wanted the 2 dr Rubicon but in 8 years it had gone up nearly $15k. Looked at the scat but wanted the wide body 6 months away.
This left the Tacoma TRD off road at $4k+ off brand new it was sold. Now a year into ownership and 20k miles I see my error even if it did save me $10k+.

Today the new bronco would be mine but it’s too damn late. Jeep wouldn’t deal and at $50k+ it’s too close in price for me to pass on the $55k Tremor!

Now just the wait....

Sounds like you are all over the place and are finally getting what you originally wanted. Good for you!

kaz109

Established Member

Personally I think this is true all the way down the line. I don't think this 392 wrangler ( if it will even make it into production) will be a better over all vehicle over the top trim bronco

I don't think the trx will be better than the Gen 3 raptor and there is not a single challenger better than the GT500.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
But you clearly dont buy new vehicles so it doesn't matter. Ford is selling to those actually buying brand new vehicles.

I have bought at least 11 new Ford vehicles over the years between myself and my wife. While 11 units in the big scheme of things is nothing, Ford is getting no more of my money.
I recently bought the wife a new MB, I am done the the Ford attitude, either they build products I want or I will buy from those manufacturers that do. FCA is a good example of a manufacturer that listens to the performance crowd and I will likely support them when it comes to my next purchase for myself.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I have bought at least 11 new Ford vehicles over the years between myself and my wife. While 11 units in the big scheme of things is nothing, Ford is getting no more of my money.
I recently bought the wife a new MB, I am done the the Ford attitude, either they build products I want or I will buy from those manufacturers that do. FCA is a good example of a manufacturer that listens to the performance crowd and I will likely support them when it comes to my next purchase for myself.
Ford has show themselves in the foot the last 5 years, trying to get stock price higher. Stock is still low and now they’re losing loyal customers. Not a good combo.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
They will find a way to coexist just fine. Jeep has a disproportionate market share, so it would be foolish to think at least some buyers won’t make the switch. It’s a growing segment, and unless Ford completely fumbles this, the Bronco will get it’s fair share. Wrangler basically sells out every year for top $ and huge profits. No reason both can’t be wildly successful.

Each will have their + and -. Competition is good for the breeds.

Choose whichever one speaks to you.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
They will find a way to coexist just fine. Jeep has a disproportionate market share, so it would be foolish to think at least some buyers won’t make the switch. It’s a growing segment, and unless Ford completely fumbles this, the Bronco will get it’s fair share. Wrangler basically sells out every year for top $ and huge profits. No reason both can’t be wildly successful.

Well said. Everyone acts like it will be a zero-sum game when reality has always shown equal existence in the past. One comes out as the clear sales winner but the others get enough to justify their need to exist.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member

Ruined my night... I came here for uniformed banter and outlandish accusations and standards being applied. 0/10 would not read again, lmao.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Driven 3 actually. 1 was lifted. But all had the same feel. Wasn't impressed for the money involved and considering those V6s aren't exactly rumblers... yeah, a 392 is too much for the chassis without changes.

The v6 is a turd IMO.

I drove a bone stock 2.0 turbo 2 door on the factory ~31's and it drove FANTASTIC. I was actually very surprised. They have figured out how make a small dump truck somewhat drive like a pleasant DD.

Im in.

Users who are viewing this thread