392 Wrangler.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Wrong, ford does not hate the Coyote. Where do you get your info sometimes.

It will be replaced at some point with another V8.
There has been plenty of talk about how the engine's production costs are overpriced, it has a high warranty cost and they would like to kill it off completely.

As far as they are concerned, it's a dead end platform.

andymarkv

Established Member
I hope they build it just to push Ford towards a V8 Bronco.

I'll admit it, I LOVE the offroad look, but I'm not an offroader, so more road comfort in a Bronco vs JL works for me.

I'd love to have the sound track of V8+manual in a new Bronco...but the reality is the manual trans is never offered with the "good" engines and if Ford didn't design it to accept a V8 from the start...I don't see it coming later.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Your money your choice. But to think ford isn't gonna sell a ton of these new Broncos is just foolish.

Sounds like if you bought your wife a new BMW you had no intention of buying a ford to begin with, unless you look at the Lincoln division.

Personally i have no idea what you want since you clearly dont even know what you want. Either way good luck on your search.

We bought her a Mercedes. She needed a 4 door AWD SUV. The criteria was AWD, all the creature comforts and she does a lot of highway miles so a quiet interior was a priority. We shopped damn near everything on the market and every manufacturer has at least a couple of candidates at various price points. The Explorer was the first thing we looked at, nice, but damn expensive and the sales guy was a jerk, he really didn’t seem interested in negotiating. We ended up at the Mercedes dealership, the sales guy treated the wife like royalty, unlike the Ford guy and the unit ticked all the boxes and was only a couple K more than the Explorer. The real bonus is this is probably the quietest vehicle we have had . The point here is if the Ford salesman hadn’t been a knob, we likely wouldn’t have looked any further and bought the Explorer but he cost himself a sale and Ford a customer.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
There has been plenty of talk about how the engine's production costs are overpriced, it has a high warranty cost and they would like to kill it off completely.

As far as they are concerned, it's a dead end platform.

Says who?

Sounds like your making things up as you go.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
We bought her a Mercedes. She needed a 4 door AWD SUV. The criteria was AWD, all the creature comforts and she does a lot of highway miles so a quiet interior was a priority. We shopped damn near everything on the market and every manufacturer has at least a couple of candidates at various price points. The Explorer was the first thing we looked at, nice, but damn expensive and the sales guy was a jerk, he really didn’t seem interested in negotiating. We ended up at the Mercedes dealership, the sales guy treated the wife like royalty, unlike the Ford guy and the unit ticked all the boxes and was only a couple K more than the Explorer. The real bonus is this is probably the quietest vehicle we have had . The point here is if the Ford salesman hadn’t been a knob, we likely wouldn’t have looked any further and bought the Explorer but he cost himself a sale and Ford a customer.

Someone who has bought multiple vehicles over the years would know that shopping at one place and dealing with one sales person is extremely foolish. Your example of why you did not buy a ford just proves you has zero interest in buying a ford. I have always dealt with multiple people and multiple dealerships. Because if one ford sales rep doesn't want to sale there are 20 others that are.

Letting 1 sales person ruin your entire outlook of a company that didnt even hire that individual is pretty bogus.

Im glad to hear the Mercedes dealership treated your wife like royalty. For the money you pay i would expect that from a luxury brand.

My next question is, did you buy the bmw at the Mercedes dealership or a Mercedes. I may have missed it.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
DP like 392 Wrangler is doing the Bronco before it even comes out.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol.. I assume you were talking about me. Problem is, I have built a LT 4X4 IFS Ranger, I have wheeled it as such for the past decade, it was not much if any more expensive than my buddy HAD to put into his JK Rubi to make it properly handle 37's and his truck doesn't do a damn thing mine won't and my front diff is still open... This Bronco will handle 37's with a factory front locker and will do absolutely anything a Rubicon on 37's can do at places like Moab and the Rubicon trail.

Yes, IFS is expensive but so is a quality solid front axle. And well so is anything in the performance vehicle world.

LOL. Sorry man, but if your buddy with a “Ruby on 37s” can’t outperform your Ranger, then he needs to stick to Fisher Price vehicles. Maybe he should master driving those first. That is so ridiculously funny.

Let’s see some photos of this ranger that goes wherever Rubicons on 37s go. Let’s see some action shots!

Sorry to break it to you but Broncos will not match a Rubicon’s off-road prowess. Just not gonna happen, bud. It’s called physics. Approach, departure, break over, Wrangler has it! Not to mention the rest of tricks in its hat.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
That video gave me flashbacks of the old George Washington driving a challenger through the battlefield carrying an American flag out the window commercial.
Huge win.

did anyone else take note that it was scaring the living shit out of a bunch of Broncos?

The marketing team at Dodge/Jeep continues to deliver.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Hahaha, that shit could have been a Challenger commercial. Weird hearing a Wrangler with that exhaust noise.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah the troll level on that video=expert.

Motech has been backed up with people paying 25-30k for LS swaps since they came out a few years back. They will sell a ton of these if they make em.

blk02edge

Established Member
LOL. Sorry man, but if your buddy with a “Ruby on 37s” can’t outperform your Ranger, then he needs to stick to Fisher Price vehicles. Maybe he should master driving those first. That is so ridiculously funny.

Let’s see some photos of this ranger that goes wherever Rubicons on 37s go. Let’s see some action shots!

Sorry to break it to you but Broncos will not match a Rubicon’s off-road prowess. Just not gonna happen, bud. It’s called physics. Approach, departure, break over, Wrangler has it! Not to mention the rest of tricks in its hat.
You can believe what you want, I've been wheeling hard for a long ass time, solid axles are just another another cult like Toyota people. IFS has been the king for a few years now in the big leagues. People are too focused on mall crawl flex and don't realize how well a proper IFS actually moves while in motion, it's ability to be far more firmly planted and not bounce off everything is huge. But... How can I expect you guys to know that since you have never experienced it... Oh well, the Bronco will do awesome things once the companies like Total Chaos, Camburg. Etc.. get their hands on them.
Screenshot_20200310-143821(1).png
Screenshot_20200310-143911(1).png

Users who are viewing this thread