392 Wrangler.

blk02edge

Established Member
This bronco and the bronco from back then are not similar aside from the top and doors coming off.

I really wanted to like the bronco but the ifs is an absolute deal breaker for me. When people start wanting to lift these things and they realized how much lifting an ifs ****ing blows and how expensive it’s going to be, they’re probably not going to do it.

That’s probably why ford is allowing it to fit almost 35s stock because not many will lift them.
Lol.. I assume you were talking about me. Problem is, I have built a LT 4X4 IFS Ranger, I have wheeled it as such for the past decade, it was not much if any more expensive than my buddy HAD to put into his JK Rubi to make it properly handle 37's and his truck doesn't do a damn thing mine won't and my front diff is still open... This Bronco will handle 37's with a factory front locker and will do absolutely anything a Rubicon on 37's can do at places like Moab and the Rubicon trail.

Yes, IFS is expensive but so is a quality solid front axle. And well so is anything in the performance vehicle world.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I have bought at least 11 new Ford vehicles over the years between myself and my wife. While 11 units in the big scheme of things is nothing, Ford is getting no more of my money.
I recently bought the wife a new MB, I am done the the Ford attitude, either they build products I want or I will buy from those manufacturers that do. FCA is a good example of a manufacturer that listens to the performance crowd and I will likely support them when it comes to my next purchase for myself.

Your money your choice. But to think ford isn't gonna sell a ton of these new Broncos is just foolish.

Sounds like if you bought your wife a new BMW you had no intention of buying a ford to begin with, unless you look at the Lincoln division.

Personally i have no idea what you want since you clearly dont even know what you want. Either way good luck on your search.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
This bronco and the bronco from back then are not similar aside from the top and doors coming off.

I really wanted to like the bronco but the ifs is an absolute deal breaker for me. When people start wanting to lift these things and they realized how much lifting an ifs ****ing blows and how expensive it’s going to be, they’re probably not going to do it.

That’s probably why ford is allowing it to fit almost 35s stock because not many will lift them.

Your right they are not the same. But you underestimate the IFS a ton. For an all around vehicle its much better than a SFA.

I actually think this IFS is gonna perform very well and surprise alot of people.

My94GT

Established Member
If you are arguing that FCA doesn't have the balls to give the people what they want, you are sadly mistaken.

Great move Jeep!! Hope they do a 392 wrangler/gladiator soon.

Seriously, FCA is knocking out the park with giving the people what they want. This move reminds me of the leaked photo of the dash plate in the new TRX where they basically troll the raptor. To drop this photo right before the bronco release is brutal lol.

that said I love that hopefully this will push the competition in the market and ultimately we the consumer will continue to have great options be it ford Chevy or FCA.

Attachments

• D7CE755E-8066-4D0D-AF9B-78304E694930.jpeg
    D7CE755E-8066-4D0D-AF9B-78304E694930.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 119

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept teases triumphant HEMI V8

Our big question, of course, is whether Jeep will actually bring this to dealership forecourts. For a concept it’s hardly too outlandish for that to be a possibility, something likely to give Wrangler fans hope of series production, and indeed Jeep says that it’s fair to consider the Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept as “an indication they may soon get their wish.” Seems like the new Ford Bronco may have some unexpected competition.

My94GT

Established Member
Never have I been more interested in a wrangler. I’m still curious to see what the bronco has in store looks wise but from all the leaked photos I feel it would look a bit soft next to the Jeep if that’s what the 392 optioned platform looks like

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I do think the Bronco is going to be a thorn for Jeep considering their buyer group.

90% of the Jeeps you see on the road are mall crawlers, now there is a second option that will drive better, ride better, is faster and probably will get better fuel economy. Most importantly to that group the roof and doors come off.

Ford likely won't take a lot of the hard core guys, they may get a few of them, but I'd be surprised if they actually cared.

I'm just glad they are making a 2 door.

My94GT

Established Member
I do think the Bronco is going to be a thorn for Jeep considering their buyer group.

90% of the Jeeps you see on the road are mall crawlers, now there is a second option that will drive better, ride better, is faster and probably will get better fuel economy. Most importantly to that group the roof and doors come off.

Ford likely won't take a lot of the hard core guys, they may get a few of them, but I'd be surprised if they actually cared.

I'm just glad they are making a 2 door.

there is definitely a market share for the bronco. Many won’t care about a V8 but from what we’re seeing, FCA threw up some red flags internally and knew they needed a response to stay well rounded in the market they currently own. This offering will help them mitigate their losses I bet.

I wonder if what ford and FCA are doing will encourage Toyota to start some refreshing of their offerings even if they aren’t exactly in the same segment

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Spicey, that they debut the 392 today. This is coming in 2 years. You don't debut this, on the same day as the Bronco, and then turn around and tell people you are not building it. 450HP is super nice. I want to thank Ford for making this happen. Jeep has been teasing a V8 for decades and they just needed a good enough reason to produce it, well, in comes the Bronco. Can't wait for the Bronco reveal. We need some distractions away from the psychotic left.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I don't think Bronco sells will be impacted much by not having a v8. Isn't the majority of F150s sold with a v6? If so, that says a lot about the typical consumer today.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't think Bronco sells will be impacted much by not having a v8. Isn't the majority of F150s sold with a v6? If so, that says a lot about the typical consumer today.
25% F150's are V8, but that's also a product of only 25% of the engine offerings are V8...

Additionally, Ford HATES the Coyote engine and wants to kill it as soon as possible.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
25% F150's are V8, but that's also a product of only 25% of the engine offerings are V8...

Additionally, Ford HATES the Coyote engine and wants to kill it as soon as possible.

Wrong, ford does not hate the Coyote. Where do you get your info sometimes.

It will be replaced at some point with another V8.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I guess it’s a little more than a teaser pic now, they actually built one, lol Are they actually going to build it though....? They did just Hellcat a Durango...

Lol you mean a concept lol.

Nothing has changed.

We all hope they build one.

Users who are viewing this thread