3k over?

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
after about a month of searching and countless phone calls i have found a dealership that is saying they have 2 allocations left unsold and that they will take 3k over msrp and can get one in 6 weeks(highly doubt)
i always said that i wouldn't pay anything over msrp but now i am rethinking and wondering if i should make the plunge on it. what do you guys think i should do.

thanks
brandon

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
Dont ask these people. They arent paying your bills. Ask your wife first (if you have one). If you can afford it , great, get it. Im assuming your asking on here if you should get it, that the voices in your head are saying "dont do it, you wont have spending money left". its a decision only you can answer. You either like it and can afford it, or you dont and you cant. Plain and simple

3k over MSRP isn't bad at all. You really want a brand new one though??? These things will be showing up cheaper as used cars within the following year if you can wait. The same thing happened with the 03/04 Cobras. This sort of thing happens all the time. But...if you can't wait and definitely want to put in every last mile...3k over is a tough deal to walk away from.

Its been hard finding any dealer in NJ that isn't selling one for less than 10k over MSRP.

mds370

Established Member
3k over is one of the lowest ADMs I have heard of to date without being a preorder. I know alot of people don't support paying over sticker. I thought the same way, but I don't regret my purchase.

Ask yourself this. Is it worth the 3k to have the car ordered the way you want and locked in ? or take the chance and stand in line behind the large number of people who are waiting for MSRP.

good luck with your decision

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It's all about how bad you want it. I only want one at invoice, but you may be willing to pay more. Needless to say I'll probably be one of the last to get one.

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
Take it and don't look back!!

You won't regret it and ....

If MSRP was 48,000 for an all option car wouldn't you be happy with that anyways?

This almost sounds too good to be true, I hope you can close the deal at 3 over.

I wouldn't wait on this one, someone else might beat you to it while you are sitting around trying to make up your mind!

I say take it now!:beer:

03snakerush

Established Member
1BADGT500 said:
Take it and don't look back!!

You won't regret it and ....

If MSRP was 48,000 for an all option car wouldn't you be happy with that anyways?

This almost sounds too good to be true, I hope you can close the deal at 3 over.

I wouldn't wait on this one, someone else might beat you to it while you are sitting around trying to make up your mind!

I say take it now!:beer:

Um, yeah... Are you a car dealer dude?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I don't think you're going to find anyone in here that will talk you out of it? :idea: For approximately 6% over MSRP you can have the car now! That's a hell of a lot less than what the current market is commanding!

It depends on if you can afford it or not? If you can afford it, go for it. You won't regret it. It's an awesome car. If you can't afford it then you need to wait for the price to come down which will be next Summer possibly?

Good luck!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
03snakerush said:
Um, yeah... Are you a car dealer dude?

ummm nooooo!!!!!!!!!

he is a very enthusiatic owner, who knows the car is worth more than 48k.:idea:

as far as the mustang itself, how bad do you want one? can you afford one at 3k over? you could get this one in 6 weeks at 3k over or you can wait 6 months to purchase one at msrp or below its your choice.:D

earl lee

Established Member
Depends on if you have to be one of the first with it, and how bad you want it. By this time next summer they will be sitting on lots with discounts, like the 04 cobra.

MAC[H]Z

Established Member
earl lee said:
Depends on if you have to be one of the first with it, and how bad you want it. By this time next summer they will be sitting on lots with discounts, like the 04 cobra.

I agree, look at all the past "Hot Mustangs" everyone wanted terminators when they first were introduced and they were paying top dollar but 6 months later people were paying at or below sticker. Same with my mach 1 in 03 dealers were marking them up 3-5k over sticker and the guys that had to have one first were paying that price but a year later I bought mine for 6k under sticker.

You just need to ask yourself is it worth a few thousand extra to be the first guy on the block with one or can you wait for the price drop that "WILL" happen in the near future. Also, are you going to keep this car forever or is there a chance you may trade it for the next hot mustang, if you pay over sticker you are gonna get killed when you try to sell it.

SteveEvo8

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
he is a very enthusiatic owner, who knows the car is worth more than 48k.:idea:

I think the sticker price would disagree with you :lol1:

I would wait for the car to be at sticker or lower before buying, but thats just me.

Good luck with your choice, you do have a very hard choice to make.

Steve

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
SteveEvo8 said:

I would wait for the car to be at sticker or lower before buying, but thats just me.

Steve

I feel the same way! But I turned down one of the first cars because it was not what I had ordered. I was going to get the car for a little less than MSRP. I have a 08 on order, but I might just end up buying a 08 Vette.
When it's all said and done you have to make the choice. Good luck with whatever you do!

Tim

SteveEvo8

Established Member
LR 01 Cobra said:
I feel the same way! But I turned down one of the first cars because it was not what I had ordered. I was going to get the car for a little less than MSRP. I have a 08 on order, but I might just end up buying a 08 Vette.
When it's all said and done you have to make the choice. Good luck with whatever you do!

Tim

The way i look at it, is you can't go wrong with either of those cars. They are both excellent performance cars.

Steve

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
SteveEvo8 said:

Steve

Price and value are 2 different things.

SteveEvo8

Established Member
Price: the sum or amount of money or its equivalent for which anything is bought, sold, or offered for sale

Value: monetary or material worth, as in commerce or trade

Very closely related. But yes the car will have a lot of non monetary value to someone who is a big cobra, ford, shelby, mustang guy. You can't put a price tag on love.

And after seeing what locals want... yeah 3k over is not bad at all, when compared to other places.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
actually value is pretty easy....

would you rather have $48k sitting in you bank account or a gt500 in your driveway? the gt500 is worth that money if you chose to have the mustang instead of the cash.:idea:

and clearly thats the decision 1badgt500 would make again and again. i think the gt500 is worth $40k. but i do see a trend in this conversation. those that have one, and those that have driven them(more than a turn around the block) all agree the gt500 is worth far more than most people believe.:D :beer:
Coming from an 04 Cobra myself. Buy it. You will not regret it.

Users who are viewing this thread