3k over?

slowtealz28

Established Member
My dad is getting his from Holman Ford in Turnersville for 10k over sticker. I told him I dont think he should pay over sticker, but this is the car that he really wants. The way I see it, it is going to make him happy, and he works his ass off for it so why not? He isn't really going to mod it and definitely will never sell it, so you cant give the argument buy one for msrp and use 10k for mods. Most likely he will just pass the car onto me when he gets too old even tho he'll prolly drive the car till hes 90 haha

drmustang

Banned
FEARSNO1 said:
after about a month of searching and countless phone calls i have found a dealership that is saying they have 2 allocations left unsold and that they will take 3k over msrp and can get one in 6 weeks(highly doubt)
i always said that i wouldn't pay anything over msrp but now i am rethinking and wondering if i should make the plunge on it. what do you guys think i should do.

thanks
brandon
This guy is asking 3K over from you because he has no other buyers willing to pay that price at this time, simple logic. There will be a smaller chance of anyone agreeing to a 3 grand wallet rape when half the nation is snow covered and many are hogtied with Holiday overspending and credit card debts.

The allocation issue is BS and used to manipulate you into paying a premium now. Additional allocations will appear as time passes. Allocations, as the retailers love to call it, are their problem and certainly not yours. These monkeys will exagerate the future value, lie about expected production numbers, and use every other cheesy tactic in their bag of cheap tricks to excise as much cash from you as they possibly can. Don't be a fool and agree to anything that you are not comfortable with.

Why not wait till the knee pads come out.

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
earl lee said:
Depends on if you have to be one of the first with it, and how bad you want it. By this time next summer they will be sitting on lots with discounts, like the 04 cobra.

I doubt it but we'll soon see.

I bet there are more than 10,000 buyers in the US right now that would jump on one at MSRP and that doesn't include the 5000 or so that would jump at 3-5000 over MSRP.

I hope your right though because if they ever do go below MSRP I'll buy me another one (and that's a fact). :banana:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
drmustang said:
The allocation issue is BS and used to manipulate you into paying a premium now.
The allocation issue is not BS. Maybe the dealers are making a bigger deal out of it that it really is, but they simply cannot and will not get as many GT500's as they have demand for. That is a known fact! I'm not sure how many Ford dealers there are in the US but most dealers will see about 2-9 units a year depending on their volume level.

My dealer is the largest volume dealer in Wisconsin and they are only getting about 8-9 units the first year. This is kind of a repeat of what we saw with the new body style Mustang GT's in Fall of 2004. :idea:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
drmustang said:
This guy is asking 3K over from you because he has no other buyers willing to pay that price at this time, simple logic. There will be a smaller chance of anyone agreeing to a 3 grand wallet rape when half the nation is snow covered and many are hogtied with Holiday overspending and credit card debts.

The allocation issue is BS and used to manipulate you into paying a premium now. Additional allocations will appear as time passes. Allocations, as the retailers love to call it, are their problem and certainly not yours. These monkeys will exagerate the future value, lie about expected production numbers, and use every other cheesy tactic in their bag of cheap tricks to excise as much cash from you as they possibly can. Don't be a fool and agree to anything that you are not comfortable with.

Why not wait till the knee pads come out.

Simple logic, he was probably on a list, after they tried getting 5k over, they probably went to 3k, which sounds alot better. Its marketing, sales, and strategy, let it sit at $5k+ over, or get a buyer, at a fair $3k over.

Allocation is not BS, you get what your allocated, no more no less. If this dealer is getting only 2 more, they're getting only 2 more until the next production run for 2008. If you want one from THIS dealer, the time is now, if you want one NOW, the time is now, and thats a GREAT price for NOW. Wait 3-5 months and buy one at MSRP.

I will agree that MOST car salesman, who work on commision and the more they make on you, the more they can feed thier families (or spend at the bar) with. SO, if they can get it, they will. The car business is a dog-eat-dog world. So they WILL embellish to create a sense of urgency to buy now. Is it right? To you, no. To the salesman, of course, its his livlihood. Unfortunately, its hard to stop. Talk to the General manager, or the Dealer Principal (owner) if your serious. Cash talk, bullshit and useless posts by people that cant even afford the car walks. We have this forum here so that you actualy KNOW the inside scoop on these cars, and you can prove these salespeople wrong.

Its simple for us in the Northern states, why buy now when its gonna sit in a garage until april anyways.

"knee pads" is the gayest comment ever, do you use knee pads?

drmustang

Banned
So the "allocations" are chisseled in granite.

Remember the 3,000 Mach 1s that were to be produced, some dealers would get one or maybe 2. They some how found a way to make a few more of those didn't they. About 13,000 more.

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
The allocation issue is not BS. Maybe the dealers are making a bigger deal out of it that it really is, but they simply cannot and will not get as many GT500's as they have demand for. That is a known fact! I'm not sure how many Ford dealers there are in the US but most dealers will see about 2-9 units a year depending on their volume level.

My dealer is the largest volume dealer in Wisconsin and they are only getting about 8-9 units the first year. This is kind of a repeat of what we saw with the new body style Mustang GT's in Fall of 2004. :idea:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Hawaii has over 1,250,000 population now and we are getting only 3 cars total for 07 MY (including mine) and I personally know of a handful of guys desperate to buy one if they can find one here (ADM or no ADM).

Think they couldn't sell a couple hundred here at above MSRP? Think again, there are lots of rich a**holes here with billions of dollars that love to buy new toys on a whim and they don't care what it costs!

My dealer actually showed me (yes I got to look at it) the list of persons waiting to be contacted if a GT500 comes available (and YES they DID have a list!!) and there were way more than 50 names on that list.

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
well i was supposed to go there today but work had different plans, i was not called by this dealership it was me that found them. i appreciate all the comments and opinions and i think that i am going to jump on this deal while i can once i seal the deal i will let yall know the dealership name for anyone else that might want one for 3k over.

p.s.tyronejenkinsII the car already has a buyer but if it falls through i will give you a shout.

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
FEARSNO1 said:
well i was supposed to go there today but work had different plans, i was not called by this dealership it was me that found them. i appreciate all the comments and opinions and i think that i am going to jump on this deal while i can once i seal the deal i will let yall know the dealership name for anyone else that might want one for 3k over.

p.s.tyronejenkinsII the car already has a buyer but if it falls through i will give you a shout.

Congratulations and Good Luck with your deal (I think you made the right decision)! :beer:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
drmustang said:
So the "allocations" are chisseled in granite.

Remember the 3,000 Mach 1s that were to be produced, some dealers would get one or maybe 2. They some how found a way to make a few more of those didn't they. About 13,000 more.

See, now your talking two different things. The PRODUCTION numbers changed because they had a very high demand for that car.

ALLOCATION is the number of vehicles a dealer is going to get in a given quarter/year.

PRODUCTION is the amount of cars said company is going to BUILD in that year.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
FEARSNO1 said:

If this is the car you want now, congratulations, one of the best prices to date, unless you were a powerlease customer.

Have fun with it. Let the modding begin!!

drmustang

Banned
Chris Benvie said:
See, now your talking two different things. The PRODUCTION numbers changed because they had a very high demand for that car.

ALLOCATION is the number of vehicles a dealer is going to get in a given quarter/year.

PRODUCTION is the amount of cars said company is going to BUILD in that year.

Obviously a car manufacturer that just lost nearly 6 billion dollars in 90 days is going to produce more units of something they can sell, higher production. The allocations are meaningless at that point.

Thank You, you have essentially reiterated my point whether you realize it or not.

SteveEvo8

Established Member
This will not be a limited production car thats for sure. This is a very popular car and as long as Ford is making money on this car, they will continue to produce.

Steve

drmustang

Banned
Chris Benvie said:
You obviously dont know what your talking about, but ok.

I understand your definitions in post #31. Production and allocations can't be mutually exclusive. Increases in production will guarantee that some retailers will recieve additonal units above and beyond their original allocation #. This is simple logic sir and clearly explains why the allocation issue is out the window when production increases from there original projections.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
SteveEvo8 said:
This will not be a limited production car thats for sure. This is a very popular car and as long as Ford is making money on this car, they will continue to produce.

Steve

What he said. Even Ford should be able to figure this out. :rolleyes:

SteveEvo8

Established Member
I wish i knew why ford was dragging their balls on the production line! Unless they are ultimately trying to rip off their dealers as well and make more money themselves? However that might be a bit far fetched.

Steve

chuckstang

Established Member
Lets just hope the price does not jump for the 08 cars, but you have to wonder why Ford would not want some of these ADMs and added profit.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
SteveEvo8 said:
I wish i knew why ford was dragging their balls on the production line! Unless they are ultimately trying to rip off their dealers as well and make more money themselves? However that might be a bit far fetched.

Steve

selling the gt500 for 36k to the dealers would hardly seem like a rip specially after seeing the final sale prices. how is ford dragging anything right now?

one has to realize that once you plan to make so many and then you up production you know have to figure out where to get all the extra parts you will need. this is the biggest problem whenever a automaker ups production. will thier parts suppliers be able to meet demand?:idea: this needs to be addressed before any change in production can take place!

Users who are viewing this thread