3rd anniversary gift ideas.

Branhammer

Established Member
So our 3rd is coming up and I want to stick with the tradition leather gift, but I don't think she wants any type of clothing. I have no idea what to get. She says she has an awesome gift for me that she's really excited about and I feel like shit for not having a great idea for her. Anyone have any ideas? Something more creative would be great.

Branhammer

Established Member
She's seriously into running (5 half marathons this year) and reading. I know she wants a Kindle Voyage, so I'm considering one of those with a leather cover...

I have 8 days....haha

Zemedici

Established Member
She's seriously into running (5 half marathons this year) and reading. I know she wants a Kindle Voyage, so I'm considering one of those with a leather cover...

I have 8 days....haha

do that and load it with something she'd really enjoy (book, music, whatever)

And she need new running outfits or anything?

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
The (modern) alternative to traditional is crystal/glass. I'm sure you could find some nice crystal ear rings or something like that.

Otherwise... Leather Whip? heh heh
The kindle + leather binding is a good idea. Or find her favorite book and get it leather bound with some anniversary embroidery nonsense on it.

Branhammer

Established Member
She is constantly....and I mean CONSTANTLY buying clothes. Plus whenever I buy her clothes for gifts they don't fit right or she doesn't like it, so I stopped doing any type of clothing. But yeah the Kindle thing might be good. I was thinking of doing the alternative of crystal/glass, but I don't have any good ideas.

Haha the leather whip is something that crossed my mind. Also thought about leather bed restraints. We are going to another all-inclusive Mexico resort soon and something like that would probably be put to good use in the room.

I'm not sure that last one would be a good anniversary gift though. But she'd dig it, so I'll probably save that idea for later.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i had no idea there were traditional gifts for wedding anniversaries :bored:

for a 3 year anniversary? when does it end?? lol :whine::nonono::bash::fart:

Branhammer

Established Member
i had no idea there were traditional gifts for wedding anniversaries :bored:

for a 3 year anniversary? when does it end?? lol :whine::nonono::bash::fart:

Haha yep...

1st Paper
2nd Cotton
3rd Leather
4th Fruit/Flowers
5th Wood
6th Candy/Iron
7th Wool/Copper
8th Pottery/Bronze
9th Willow/Pottery
10th Tin/Aluminum
11th Steel Fashion
12th Silk/Linen
13th Lace Textile
14th Animals*
15th Crystal
20th China
25th Silver
30th Pearl
35th Coral
40th Ruby
45th Sapphire
50th Gold
60th Diamond

This was clearly NOT a man's idea. If it was, I'm sure he's long dead.

And I'm glad he's dead. And I hope it hurt the entire time he was dying.

Blown 89

Established Member
www.lovebookonline.com and get it bound in leather.

And yes, I hope the person that came up with this gift idea is rotting in hell. I no longer give gifts to my wife because she is the most negative gift receiver I have ever met. This Christmas will be the first holiday we don't exchange gifts, this should be interesting.

Last edited:

wreckit

Established Member
I think i can help. Trust me, do not buy her clothes unless you plan on taking it back the very next day! Girls generally do not like it when guys attempt to buy them clothes.
You said she is into running. Thats a great area to buy gifts in. Here are some ideas:
- Ear buds/Headphones, beats by dre(wireless), so she can have something to listen to while running 3.1 miles.
- Badass running shoes. Take it from me, while running or doing any form of cardio/strength training, shoes can be the key! Not just any shoes. Like 100-200 dollar range.
- iPod
- iFit track or any brand that tracks calories burned, fat loss, total distance ran, heartbeat monitor etc.. These are normal options those fit bands display and calculate for you while running.

- or go the extra mile route, get her a day spa gift certificate! manicure, pedicure, massage, facial shit like that. My wife loves this and they usually run between 80-200 bucks.

or get her diamond earrings.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Save a few bucks and get the Kindle Paperwhite instead of the Voyage. Leather cover is a good idea. My wife is a huge reader, like a book a week. She was always against the idea of a Kindle and would carry a big thick book in her purse, or multiple on a long trip. I said eff it and got her a Kindle and she still says its the best gift she's ever received. Carries it with her literally everywhere and can get books for free from the library.

Throw an amazon gift card in there instead of upgrading to the Voyage.

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
www.lovebookonline.com and get it bound in leather.

And yes, I hope the person that came up with this gift idea is rotting in hell. I no longer give gifts to my wife because she is the most negative gift receiver I have ever met. This Christmas will be the first holiday we don't exchange gifts, this should be interesting.

It's a british thing, Victorian era tradition, same place we got the ideas for white opulent wedding dresses and such.

I just saw you have 8 days to do this, LOL. I have 13 days to go for my second anni.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Divorce papers?

J/k, how about a tradiational romantic dinner and some necklace/ bt earphones. Visit a running store to see whats available

Users who are viewing this thread