4:10 gears

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Also I just got quoted roughly $600 for 4.10's. Here's my questions. Would a auto hit hard enough to warrant 31

$600 for gears, install, fluid, and install kit sounds about right. That's what I was quoted from three reputable shops in my area. (well, one in your area).

As for the axles, it really all comes down to what kind of tires and how much you plan on drag racing it. IMO the factory 28 splines are too weak to do a reasonable amount of 'real' dig races. It comes down to how much stress you put on them. 'Good' DR's and a serious amount of TQ would probably hurt even an auto. However, that's my opinion as i have no real world experience with gay-tomatics. (just playin' with ya). SEriously though, I've never driven an auto mach, so I don't know for certainty.:beer: My suggestion to you would be to research it a bit on the registry and compare what you find to what you are planning to do with the car. :beer:

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
Good call man.

WHere in CA are all of you guys? I'm up near Fresno.

Um im guna go to 281 Motor sports in Ca, Fullerton. My buddy is actually selling his car and he has a full built rear end. So we're just guna swap rear ends. The rear has (31spline axle and 31 spline dif, and Coated FRPP 4:10's) all for $800, is that a pretty good deal? Oh, and i live in Orange county. Around Anaheim hills area. I'm rollin with the OCHP guys (Orangecountyhorsepower.com).

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Um im guna go to 281 Motor sports in Ca, Fullerton. My buddy is actually selling his car and he has a full built rear end. So we're just guna swap rear ends. The rear has (31spline axle and 31 spline dif, and Coated FRPP 4:10's) all for $800, is that a pretty good deal? Oh, and i live in Orange county. Around Anaheim hills area. I'm rollin with the OCHP guys (Orangecountyhorsepower.com).

WOW...so you're going to swap rears and pay him $800? (your rear + $800 for your stock setup?).
That's not too bad really. If that $800 is to pay a shop, I think that's a bit excessive. It's not 'that' hard to swap the entire rear. WHat's the car he's selling?

OH...I'm in Central CA. a few hours north.:beer:

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
Yeah just swap rear's hopefully, and then hand him $800. Done deal. And he is selling a 04' Comp Orange Mach. He's having alot of issues with the engine and fuel setup, and he has taken it to alot of shops and no one can figure out whats wrong with it. So he's giving up and selling it if he absolutley cant figure out whats wrong, to go with a new GT500.

Nineonesix

Established Member
$600 for gears, install, fluid, and install kit sounds about right. That's what I was quoted from three reputable shops in my area. (well, one in your area).

As for the axles, it really all comes down to what kind of tires and how much you plan on drag racing it. IMO the factory 28 splines are too weak to do a reasonable amount of 'real' dig races. It comes down to how much stress you put on them. 'Good' DR's and a serious amount of TQ would probably hurt even an auto. However, that's my opinion as i have no real world experience with gay-tomatics. (just playin' with ya). SEriously though, I've never driven an auto mach, so I don't know for certainty.:beer: My suggestion to you would be to research it a bit on the registry and compare what you find to what you are planning to do with the car. :beer:

Yea it more then likely wont see the drag strip all that much. One day i'd like to get a stall put in it. I dont know if I should start buy/saving for the parts in the rear since ive been told auto dont hit as hard. I'd like to try slicks out one day as well lol. Also im from sacramento

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Yeah just swap rear's hopefully, and then hand him $800. Done deal. And he is selling a 04' Comp Orange Mach. He's having alot of issues with the engine and fuel setup, and he has taken it to alot of shops and no one can figure out whats wrong with it. So he's giving up and selling it if he absolutley cant figure out whats wrong, to go with a new GT500.

How many miles are on the rear setup? Fairly new? How noisy is it?

Is he a member of hte registry? I'm curious to know what's up with his car, as in what kind of problem's he's having. LOT's of good help on the registry and IDK that I've seen a troubleshooting post lately about a fuel/motor problem.:shrug:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Yea it more then likely wont see the drag strip all that much. One day i'd like to get a stall put in it. I dont know if I should start buy/saving for the parts in the rear since ive been told auto dont hit as hard. I'd like to try slicks out one day as well lol. Also im from sacramento

It really depends on who you ask. Since you aren't planning on seeing the drag strip much then I would pass on the rear and spend $250 on Moser 28s. They are a direct drop in a quite a bit stronger. THat way if you do decide to stick some good DRs and go to the track, you're good and they aren't too pricey.

But that's me.

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member

Hmmm...i don't know alot about Auto's, so im out. lol. But, a built rear will effect ur car regardless auto or stick.

Users who are viewing this thread