4 wheel alignment specs

Kask65

Established Member
i posted before in the driveline section. wondering what would be good specs to ask for a four wheel alignment. i dont race the car it is only a street car (04 cobra vert) and im just looking to get even tire wear and max life. still a newby

black 10th vert

Established Member
Pm Bruce from FTBR. He is a vendor here, and I believe has some stickies in the driveline/suspension area that have the best specs to use for different applications. I do my own, and use -1.5-2 deg. neg. camber, 5, or 6 deg. caster, and around 1/16" total toe in.

The camber has the biggest effect on tire wear, which is why you don't want an aggressive camber unless you do a lot of roadracing, or autocross type racing. The 5-6 degrees of caster is more aggressive than most street alignments call for because it makes steering a bit harder, but that lends itself greatly to high speed stability, which was more important to me. Bruce will definitely "steer" you in the right direction for your intended use, though.;-)

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
If you do no racing and it is a street car only they will have the factory specs.
Keep it there.

Makes no sense to ask for custom alignment or custom specs.

KLLR SNK

Established Member
FORD - TSB Technical Service Bulletin addresses right pull/drift

LF -.8 +/- .2 Camber RF -1.0 +/- .2 Camber
LR -.8 +/- .2 Camber RR-.8 +/- .2 Camber
Stock plates no caster adjustment +3.1 to 4.0 is common
Toe .125 +/- .04 .25 total

LR -.8 +/- .2 Camber RR -.8 +/- .2 Camber
No Caster Adjustment
Toe .10 +/- .04 .20 total

hotcobra03

Established Member
i was going to say tsb also..

what mileage are you looking for? i have seen 40k per set on middle of the road quality..bfg kdw/good year f1/yokahama

mustang john

Established Member
If you want max tire life just ask them when they align it if they can put it as close to zero camber as possible while staying on the negative side and keep the toe and caster stock.

Users who are viewing this thread