402 C5 Z06 vs TVS GT500, Bolt On 12 GT vs 03 Z06 vs N20/Cam/Gutted 91 Notch

venomws6

Established Member
Finally a new vid :rockon: Great runs..
Waiting for the new vid.

402 Z sounds/runs great even with slipping clutch I really thought the GT500 will pull it
but I guess the 500+lbs weight diffrence helped alot.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Cool vid. With a new clutch that 402 c5 is going to pull the gt500 pretty good

He won't without nitrous anymore, see quote below. I've moved on to playing with a newer C6 Z06 that is more powerful. I'm sure that vid will show up soon.

GT500 is up 20-40 rwhp since then

Car needs 300 lbs. of weight reduction, but gawd that's expensive for what little is lost. Should've kept the 2008 GT and stripped it down to a refrigerator with an engine, twin turbo style, lol.

402 Z sounds/runs great even with slipping clutch I really thought the GT500 will pull it
but I guess the 500+lbs weight diffrence helped alot.

It was a lot more than 500 lbs. The C5 Z06 was driver only, race weight of 3450.

My car had me driving and Speeds filming from the passenger seat, race weight of 4200 lbs. *Car was a basic VMP TVS blower swap with no extras at the time of race*

Total difference, 750 lbs. Power is a drug, I still want more, but focusing now on proper suspension setup to help with my 2nd gear spinning issues and more weight reduction.

However, I'm sure both Z06 owners will be spraying soon, and unless I decide to trash a Shelby by hulling it out, it's game over for me. I refuse to remove all the creature comforts, so I'll leave that one be. I am interested in buying a V6 S197 roller soon for a future twin turbo 5.0 forged Coyote build.

Last edited:

Tunink

Established Member
It will be a rocket with that much power and lightweight. How much nitrous you going to spray it with?

I don't know yet. I'm just going to toy around on motor for a while. Still need to wire up a few things to get the bottle going.

Also need to change a few things on the carb to run 100% e85. Right now I'm running 50/50 E85/93.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I don't know yet. I'm just going to toy around on motor for a while. Still need to wire up a few things to get the bottle going.

Also need to change a few things on the carb to run 100% e85. Right now I'm running 50/50 E85/93.

Nice, 100% E85 is cheap race fuel and runs much cooler. Your spark advance will be able to laugh at 93 octane pump gas.

98ss88mm

Established Member
If he sprays 200 we are all going to be in trouble lol. Hell maybe 100 for me haha.

I was on the 418 ls3, turbo, th400 fox thing for a bit when I had the SS, im curious to see how this thing will run. Im currently thinking a 96 GT with a coyote, small turbo, and 4r70 would be pretty sweet. Troy, buy a sn95 cobra and attack.

Tunink

Established Member
If he sprays 200 we are all going to be in trouble lol. Hell maybe 100 for me haha.

I was on the 418 ls3, turbo, th400 fox thing for a bit when I had the SS, im curious to see how this thing will run. Im currently thinking a 96 GT with a coyote, small turbo, and 4r70 would be pretty sweet. Troy, buy a sn95 cobra and attack.

We'll see. I might start @ 150, but it will go north of 200, way north.

The goal is to actually have a turbo set up on the car by the end of the year.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
We'll see. I might start @ 150, but it will go north of 200, way north.

The goal is to actually have a turbo set up on the car by the end of the year.

Damn moving fast I wanted to see how bad you pulled me motor to motor before you got crazy lol

Last edited by a moderator:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Troy, buy a sn95 cobra and attack.

I'm thinking more of a V6 S197 "sleeper" car. No A/C, no creature comforts, only performance.

lol@Shelby flyby

Yea, had a nice little chuckle when I saw the GT500 go flying by.

I actually began that race 3 cars behind, and in 2nd gear waiting for the hit. Since I can't hear the "go signal" I just waited for everyone to go.

I was bored, so took advantage of my friends. Not fair at all considering the power difference. I should be ashamed of myself. :dw:

The "flyby" was on the "new" setup, the race with the C5 Z06 was on the "old" setup.

Last edited:

98ss88mm

Established Member
Yes, you should be ashamed... but its about time you beat me! oh burn!

sorry, thats all i had.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Yes, you should be ashamed... but its about time you beat me! oh burn!

sorry, thats all i had.

smiley-sad1.png

That hurts buddy, we can't be friends anymore.

:-D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread