5.0 A6 3.15 times??

kingcobra323

Established Member
Not sure exactly but blower cars like gear to run through so 3.15s, 3.31, 3.55 would work. Also a 2c or 3c convertor. And you will fly. But honestly honestly I'd ask Terry Beefcake he's like the fastest centri guy out there

Posted via Topify on Android

viperakron

Established Member
12.37 with tune and 275 50 15 DR. Changed to 3.73 went 12.05. Still no 60' only 1.87.
Don't know why these cars won't turn a tire no matter what gear?

spdracr0

Established Member
I have went from 4.10 to 3.55 and think I am about to put a 3.15 or 3.31 in mine. Damn all that first gear these things have. I am trying to get the car to work better..

spdracr0

Established Member
And my car would 60ft consistent mid 1.4x with the stock stall speed and stock suspension on radials. Loosened converter a lil and have spent almost 2 grand in suspension trying to duplicate that 60ft.

32fountain

Established Member
My car, with a stock 3.15 gear, ran a 11.567 e.t. , 117.22 m.p.h., 60 ft. 1.577 e.t. , 1/8 mile 7.370 e.t., 92.73 m.p.h. at a negative DA (1061). Launched at 2700-2800 r.p.m's. Mods are: Steeda CAI, Lethal cat delete offroad H-pipe, SCT custom (Mike Rousch) dyno jet tune Circle D 5c converter, DSS aluminum drive shaft and M/t street drag radials.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
They need a converter more than a gear that's why.

Correct!

My car with stock gear would dead hook from a dig all day long on dry pavement using Mich. PSS tires. After I installed the 2B Circle D, street tires no longer held the power. It was spin city.

And my car would 60ft consistent mid 1.4x with the stock stall speed and stock suspension on radials. Loosened converter a lil and have spent almost 2 grand in suspension trying to duplicate that 60ft.

The extra power at launch (with converter) showed you the suspension was far from optimal.

Last edited:

momogt

Established Member
They need a converter more than a gear that's why.

i went through a set of tires easy with 3.15 gears from a 25mph roll i would light them up :burnout: no problem turning the tires stock now with 4.10,s well you know the rest:burnout:

scotmach

Established Member
i went through a set of tires easy with 3.15 gears from a 25mph roll i would light them up :burnout: no problem turning the tires stock now with 4.10,s well you know the rest:burnout:

So your car spun with 3.15's and now spin with your 4.10's. What's your point? I'd be more interested in your times between both gears since that's what this thread is about.

momogt

Established Member
So your car spun with 3.15's and now spin with your 4.10's. What's your point? I'd be more interested in your times between both gears since that's what this thread is about.

chill out man its not that serious im just saying he stated he couldn't turn the tires with 3.15,s I was just saying it could be done I just mod my car for hobby I don't give a crap about numbers not saying your statement was wrong or anything ease up friend

Last edited:

scotmach

Established Member
chill out man its not that serious im just saying he stated he couldn't turn the tires with 3.15,s I was just saying it could be done I just mod my car for hobby I don't give a crap about numbers not saying your statement was wrong or anything ease up friend

I'm pretty sure he meant turn a tire at the track, not the street. Anyone can spin the tires on the street especially with street tires regardless of gears.

nordy racer

Established Member
Or the fact nobody else is running a 4.10 with a 5c. Well I am now and we will see how it works for me. :beer:

well we will see how my car runs with a 5c and 4.30 gears this spring.. looking for 11flat before the Intake and TB is installed.

Users who are viewing this thread