5.8L Block Questions

avro206

Established Member
I wonder if you could bolt on earlier 4 valve heads.....B or C heads.

Id love a NA 5.8L DOHC in my 97 Cobra

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Run it at 11:1, good N/A Cam and heads, LT headers, Proper intake and you would have a beast of a car. Only problem is I believe the block for the 5.8 alone is north of 7 grand

Last edited:

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Better yet, good luck FINDING a 5.8L block! lol

Better off getting a 5.4L block and re-sleeving to a 5.8L

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Rehagen Racing has the last ones I know of that are currently for sale.

Quick clarification to this, the blocks are still in production and we usually keep them in stock, they are temporary nationwide back order but we are expecting a large shipment of them in the upcoming weeks - long story short no need for concern! Also for those that have have old and/or damaged alloy 5.4 and 5.8 blocks we buy them or can fix them for you.

MMR

www.modularmotorsportsracing.com

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Quick clarification to this, the blocks are still in production and we usually keep them in stock, they are temporary nationwide back order but we are expecting a large shipment of them in the upcoming weeks - long story short no need for concern! Also for those that have have old and/or damaged alloy 5.4 and 5.8 blocks we buy them or can fix them for you.

MMR

www.modularmotorsportsracing.com

I've been hearing the back order story for a while. I'll believe it when they actually start arriving at shops (which would be great if it's soon). Last thing I heard was that Ford was not super happy with how the manufacturer has handled production (as in supply, not quality).

NickSezz

Established Member
We pick them up as they are available as well. Our last one sold will be getting a set of 2V heads and going into a Lightning truck :burnout:

BlownMystic1

Established Member
Question for the guys that have experience. If you were to put together a 5.8 bottom end with C heads, will the timing chains, cam gears, and timing chain guards interchange? If not, what would have to be used? Those parts from a 5.4?

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Correct, 5.4 guides and chains are needed, the secondary chains and guides however are the same, we offer a chain and guide kit for those doing the swap.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Replacement 5.8 blocks are already hard to get .............. that's kinda scary considering it has nikesil bores. What happens to Grandma when she brings her GT500 to the dealer with a bad cylinder?

Users who are viewing this thread