5 New Jersey Fifth Graders arrested for planning to detonate explosives in a school

jbs$

Established Member
A good start would be to close down completely the Federal Department of Education, followed by cutting the State Departments in half. A limit of say 15% of the school budget could be spent on administration, with the rest going into the process of teaching kids how to function in the world. Seperate kids according to ability, stop dumbing down our best and brightest. The unteachable, bring them together, concentrate on a limited course of basics.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Clifton isn't even a bad area, hell its not even a really dense area either. If this was camden or newark or east orange I'd just say "oh".

Weird

There are a couple not so desirable areas around Clifton, but the town itself is very nice.

But I'm kind of confused as to why you think something like this would be expected from the other areas you mentioned? If it were drug or gang related incidents then I could see the assumption, but this is something much deeper.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
This is what happens when parents don't beat their kids when they get out of line. Obviously talking doesn't do shit.

And that is in large part because nowadays parents (A) don't get actively involved in their children's lives and actively teach/instruct right from wrong, (B) are reluctant to discipline their children for fear of breaking the law or not being PC, (C) don't hold their kids accountable for making bad choices. JMO.

Bob you are becoming rather presumptuous in your old age. Perhaps praying in the spirit should be on your agenda, about this sort of thing. NO ONE. on SVTP, has ever lived in the home of these children to determine what the parents did or didn't do. And even if the parents 'did' what parents do, that will NEVER negate the free choice that people have.

Bob, I'm almost embarrassed to make a post like this considering you are a spirit filled believer and I'm sure you KNOW that the Lord has qualified the most unqualified in this world.

EXCUSE ME, in terms of how the ungodly world sees 'qualified' and unqualified.

He's done the GREATEST things through the most unqualified and flawed people in the Bible and history.

Brother we are NOT under Law, we are UNDER GRACE.

Those are children still trying to figure out how to handle things in an adult world, full of adults that repeatedly exhibit terrible demonstrations of what exercising good judgement is all about. I grew up in the 80s. The kids today are faced with incredibly difficult challenges and temptations, that I thank God I never faced as a boy.

And their parents don't have the personal time that families used to have. In most cases, the 'average' family needs 2 incomes.

The newer generations are MORE PROMISING than the older ones that have made life and existence more difficult for this Benjamin generation.

You have to keep things in perspective buddy. The world has changed and is vastly different from your time and mine.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^^^
LOL. Actually I'm not being presumptuous at all. Simply stating the obvious. You did say "And their parents don't have the personal time that families used to have. In most cases, the 'average' family needs 2 incomes". Parents CAN make (an investment of) time, regular time, for their children. It's about choices. And being accountable for our choices. Because everything we do has consequences, both good and bad.

wreckit

Established Member
Robert Thompson and Jon Venables were both 10 years old when they abducted and killed two-year-old James Bulger in 1993. The young boys snatched the toddler from a shopping mall while his mother was inside a store, and took him on a 2.5-mile walk across Liverpool. The boys were seen walking by approximately 38 people, but many assumed he was their younger brother. Venables and Thompson took Bulger to a railway line where they tortured and brutally attacked the toddler. Bulger suffered multiple skull fractures from blows to the head, and was sexually abused by the two older boys. After the beatings, they left Bulger’s lifeless body across the railway tracks so that his body would be cut in half.

Childhood behavior should not be criminalized, Got It.

MY point exactly. At this day and age, 5th graders have the mental capability to identify what is wrong and right behavior!
These threats should not be taken lightly.
As for how in-depth the "Plans" were, that should not even matter. This is a sign of a premeditated attack. To hell with those kids, throw the book at em!

Users who are viewing this thread