76 hp from tune alone?

RSH427R

Established Member
Tune and CAI is around 60-80 RWHP. I suppose its possible....changed my mind doubtful.

Last edited:

skyhighsd

Established Member
I find that VERY hard to believe with nothing more than a tune. If so a lot of people threw money out the window.

jerrytubbs1

Established Member
Gguy says no pulley, just tune from whoever it is in the link. Most people only go to around 500 + or - a few with the jlt and tune. I can't see 76 hp from tune alone.Look at the a/f...Nothing really changed on it.

jerrytubbs1

Established Member
I just looked and you got good gains. But there is a difference in yours and his.Your a/f changed after the tune, there is really no change in his. I just dont see that big of a gain without the a/f changing like your and just about everybody elses sheet shows.

Thats mainly what I was trying to point out.I may be way off base here, but I dont think so????

Squeeler92

For this particular car, I'd believe it. Hell, on LSx's, 20HP is usually the norm. Fact is, almost all cars come rich from the factory to stay on the safe side. They leave a lot on the table in the name of safety and long term reliability. These are mass produced products that will differ from motor to motor and there is no way they will be tuning each individual car. With a supercharger application, this is even more true. My guess would be that these cars come pig rich and run shit for timing. Lean it out and bump up the timing and you'll see some surprising gains. Same goes for canned tunes v. custom tunes.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
its not out of the norm for a gt500 to be hitting 500rwhp with filter and tune. regardless of where you started 420 or 450 most gt500 are around 500 when the tune is complete.

if you said someone picked up 75hp on his stock 450rwhp run ending with 525, this would be out of the ordinary....

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
he was probably in some good air, that is probably why he is showing the "uncorrected" numbers, my car made 497/484 SAE with just a tune, hell uncorrected numbers were 525/510, so it is definitly possible.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Possibly true, but his baseline (stock) uncorrected numbers were not out of line. Either way it shows a 76 rwhp gain! Who knows, maybe a cai would get him another 10 rwhp (uncorrected)?

Dave07997S

Established Member
Well the car finished off pretty much what people get anyway with a CAI and tune...I think the baseline numbers were a little low, hence the 76rwhp.

Dave

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
make sense to me, i gain about that much HP when i had my car tuned before CAI, my TQ was lower thoe. great numbers

luvgun74

Established Member
I want to get a programmer for mine and wanted to ask if i buy an sct from evo with one of their tunes is it worth it? I mean how close it an evolution sct tuner compared to just taking my car to them and having a custom tune? Any input on this?

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I want to get a programmer for mine and wanted to ask if i buy an sct from evo with one of their tunes is it worth it? I mean how close it an evolution sct tuner compared to just taking my car to them and having a custom tune? Any input on this?

If you have a tuner who can do this on the dyno, thats my preferred method
every car reacts differently. however, mail tunes are typically safe
I just don't like that typically part...IMO

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
If you have a tuner who can do this on the dyno, thats my preferred method
every car reacts differently. however, mail tunes are typically safe
I just don't like that typically part...IMO

agree all the way on that.

Daddys GT500

Established Member
Greg @ RET (the guy who tuned this car) tuned my car and got 502 rwhp corrected w/tune & JLT intake...

I have a PM into him ;-)

Greg@RET

Established Member
Everything you guys see here is the truth. That is a customer of mine and I was also shocked with the power improvement :beer: Every car reacts different, you can see DaddysGT500 needed a intake/tune to break 500, that is more the norm.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Greg tuned mine with a FRPP CAI only, 499.9 SAE and 511 STD, so the numbers look pretty good.

Nice to have plenty of room in the ECU to make good and safe power from the factory. :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread