779rwhp turbo Mach 1 vs Blown Camaro SS for $5k - to be happening in FL

04torchred

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
100 pounds is a sizeable chunk ...That Turbo is gonna pull harder than that Centri though.

However, I don't think some guy would be willing to throw down 5k if he didn't have the power. I say The Mach hits the 50 shot as well just for insurance.

Either way, the mach will have to play catch up if they go from a dig, unless he brings ET streets(still will ,but not as much). That Mach has a BADASS set-upmotor/driveline/rearend wise...but if that SS can hook, it's gonna be DIFFICULT.

All im gonan say is that I can't wait for a video...again. :beer:

Well the actual curb weight is 3450lb, I am thinking if the guy is street racing for that kinda cash he has cut some serious weight out of it. If I was throwing down 5K a race I would fuggin near have a race weight street car(no stereo, light ass passenger seat, no spare, etc. which I am guessing the SS has done to it)

But yeah we need a god damn race to happen.

blackfang

Established Member
Ok the first post is enough. The guy in the Mach is having someone else drive it for him. Man that's like having your boy **** your girl cause you can't get her off.

C5_z51_6spd

Banned
my money is on the bowtie

sure the mach may have 779rwhp and sure the camaro may have about the same maybe more. But the key difference here is that the bowtie is setup for drag racing and at the drag strip, the bowtie has homefield advantage. You can't bring a knife to a gunfight, meaning the mach 1 just isn't ready - suspension wise.

Last edited:

SWYZ721

Established Member
The story is not going to be traction. We all know who's hookin'

The story is going to be "Where The Hell is the FINISH LINE!!!!"

The Maro is gonna bump well of the line, and it really depends on how well the MACH plays catch-up, the farther they go the better for the mach.

EDIT: Oh yea, and it might come down to who's hiding the bigger hose.

Last edited:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
When will this race be? I am patiently waiting :poke: :-D

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
My .02 cents...

-If the Mach 1 can get a good launch, game over, the SS will not catch him...

-But if the Mach 1 spins to all hell, (witch will probally be the case from what I read) the SS will have a easy 2 busses on him right of the bat, Mach 1 is going to have o play catch-up, but will not do it before the line.

-SS wins by 2 cars

JMO

TheRegulator

Pit Crew
Established Member
im puttin my money on that Evo. i hear 4X4s can launch real well on the street!!lol :burnout:
sounds like all this mach guy needs is a few wastegates to regulate his boost. how about 5lbs of boost from the dig, then slam the gates closed and hit 19lbs when he can. ooooo, or maybe even some traction control like the F1 cars have. i bet that'd help too. if you ask me i say he tubs it and puts some 10.5Ws on there and then races this camaro. just heat em up and he wont have any worries. if he tubs it and wins the race he now has a tubbed car for 5K less than a mini-tub normally would have cost.
and o yea, everyone knows turbos are the best (let the :burn: begin)

Users who are viewing this thread