779rwhp turbo Mach 1 vs Blown Camaro SS for $5k - to be happening in FL

experiment626

ALL MOTOR CARS RULE
Established Member
It moves

The livernois mach 1 moves trust me I live two blocks away from them in dearborn hts mi and Ive seen this car run before lets just say with it hooking low 9s high 8s easliy.And by the way the car will hook and it does 60 1.3x with now problem. :bowdown:

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Wow, this is an old post. Well, saince I'm here again, lets get some vids on this car, sounds BAD!!!

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
HalfTime said:
Wow, this is an old post. Well, saince I'm here again, lets get some vids on this car, sounds BAD!!!

Sorry to all of you.....this is just a :bs: thread

grey03mach1

Speed Junkie
Established Member
I find it hard to believe that neither car has ever raced on video before. Cars that bada$$ are filmed and filmed often. Hell if I owned either car I'd starting shooting my own movie and everything. "Street Racing ....Vigilante Style. Dirt is for growing taters, asphalts for racing! YEEE HAAAHH

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Turbos make more power per pound of boost than anything, PERIOD!!!. My Vortechs going in the garbage in June for a t-76. :rockon:

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
Blown_By_You said:
Turbos make more power per pound of boost than anything, PERIOD!!!. My Vortechs going in the garbage in June for a t-76. :rockon:
That's not exactly true, in gross terms supercharger are as efficent as turbos (provided they are within their optimum operating range), the issue is that turbo's produce more net gain as they require less power to run them, this makes them more efficent overall.

SVT_HotGurl

Banned
300bhp/ton said:
That's not exactly true, in gross terms supercharger are as efficent as turbos (provided they are within their optimum operating range), the issue is that turbo's produce more net gain as they require less power to run them, this makes them more efficent overall.

i'd still take a turbo over a blower

DaleM

Sebring SVTOA
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
300bhp/ton said:
This is the only turbo dragster I could find. Why is that?
http://www.cumminsracing.com/mainpage.htm

Slow50

Established Member
300bhp/ton said:

Which produces more power at the end :banana:

300bhp/ton

I just like cars!!!
Established Member
SVT_HotGurl said:
i'd still take a turbo over a blower
Yep for PEAK power a turbo will always be the winner. There are downsides such as dirveability and turbo LAG. So superchargers still have a place and for a fast road car can be just as impressive.

DaleM said:
This is the only turbo dragster I could find. Why is that?
http://www.cumminsracing.com/mainpage.htm
Turbocharging is very popular outside the USA and has been pretty mainstreme on family cars and hot hatch backs for over 20 years, however it is normally on smaller engines.

You don't see that many on big engines because it's expensive and generally not needed. 300bhp is pretty easy from a large displacement V8, but from a 2.0 16v straight 4 a turbo is really required.

Turbochargers are also banned in many areas of motor sport, back in the late 70's and 80's turbo's where big business in Formula 1. They managed to squeeze 1500bhp from a 1.5 litre V6!!!!!!!! :0

Slow50 said:
Which produces more power at the end :banana:
Yep that's exactly what Net means. ;)

DaleM

Sebring SVTOA
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
300bhp/ton said:
Turbochargers are also banned in many areas of motor sport, back in the late 70's and 80's turbo's where big business in Formula 1. They managed to squeeze 1500bhp from a 1.5 litre V6!!!!!!!! :0
Yep that's exactly what Net means. ;)
How big would a turbo have to be to produce this HP? Is it feasible?
http://bmeltd.com/Dragster/specs.htm
Between rounds, work on any Top Fuel car looks frantic but actually is organized and efficient. Here, the BME Crew works on the BME/Okuma/Red Line Oil Dragster's nitromethane-fueled, 8000-hp, 500-cuin. BAE Hemi at the NHRA Finals at Pomona, California in November of 2005.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
DaleM said:
How big would a turbo have to be to produce this HP? Is it feasible?
http://bmeltd.com/Dragster/specs.htm
Between rounds, work on any Top Fuel car looks frantic but actually is organized and efficient. Here, the BME Crew works on the BME/Okuma/Red Line Oil Dragster's nitromethane-fueled, 8000-hp, 500-cuin. BAE Hemi at the NHRA Finals at Pomona, California in November of 2005.
The key stat in your list is the fuel used. Nitromethane. Imagine a gasoline based on high explosive (Nitroglycerine) and you get the picture...

Users who are viewing this thread