#8 missfire.. again

oman svt

Established Member
About a year ago i got the code after installing SCT strategy tune with Steeda CAI. I was lucky and got the Cylinder and other parts replaced on warranty. for about a year now running cai and mail tune from livernois. P308 shows up about a week ago, returned the car back to stock and disconected the battery(other told me would reset the computer). the dealer replaced the spark plug on that cylinder. drove the car for less than a day and again.. went back to the dealer, about an hour ago they called and said low compression on the cylinder and the need to tear the engine apart to know the exact problem, they also said warranty wouldnt cover it because i had aftermarket mufflers when they previously told me mufflers wont void warranty. I'm gonna stop by the dealer tomorrow and see whats gonna happen. I know they cant void the warranty on mufflers only.. will file a case if i have too!
FYI I'm from the Middle East region

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
About a year ago i got the code after installing SCT strategy tune with Steeda CAI. I was lucky and got the Cylinder and other parts replaced on warranty. for about a year now running cai and mail tune from livernois. P308 shows up about a week ago, returned the car back to stock and disconected the battery(other told me would reset the computer). the dealer replaced the spark plug on that cylinder. drove the car for less than a day and again.. went back to the dealer, about an hour ago they called and said low compression on the cylinder and the need to tear the engine apart to know the exact problem, they also said warranty wouldnt cover it because i had aftermarket mufflers when they previously told me mufflers wont void warranty. I'm gonna stop by the dealer tomorrow and see whats gonna happen. I know they cant void the warranty on mufflers only.. will file a case if i have too!
FYI I'm from the Middle East region

I hope they dont catch wind of there being a tune on the car. If they do, your SOL and I'm guessing they will send the ECU into ford to have it gone through on an engine replacement claim. IF you get lucky again then go buy a lotto ticket ASAP. Good luck.

mjc1055

Established Member
yeah, +1 to the above. exhaust after the emissions equipment won't void your warranty unless they can somehow prove your muffler caused a #8 failure (again).

if they know you're tuned, however, you're screwed. You have to pay to play though, and that was the risk you ran when you got it tuned as I'm sure you're aware.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
I think your screwed. Ford replaced the engine or fixed the engine a year ago and now a year later you have the same problem. I say they know it has been tuned and they arent fixing it this time. You got lucky a year ago!

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Always worth it to give it a shot. There are only a handful of people that I would consider letting touch the tune on my car. What all did they replace?

oman svt

Established Member
if they know you're tuned, however, you're screwed. You have to pay to play though, and that was the risk you ran when you got it tuned as I'm sure you're aware.
the tech clearly said "because you have exhaust modifications". I was aware of that risk.. but at the same time i thought tuners figured out that problem, There was a thread on another forum that they made tune changes for all their customers and its completely safe, i trusted them.

who tuned your car?
Livernois motorsports mail tune

mjc1055

Established Member
the tech is retarded, he's probably just relaying something he misheard from the service manager.

so you're in the middle east? i wonder if you guys have anything similar to the magnuson moss act out there. here, we have a law that states that it's on the dealer to prove that a modification you did to the car caused the failure you brought it in for. i'm not sure whether you have something along those lines.

scott_0

Established Member
come on man, if youre tuned you need to own it, its a sad situation but Im sure you realized when you flashed the tune that if you had an issue youd be out of luck, its been well discussed that the SCT strategy tunes are dangerous...........

Last edited:

atistang

Established Member
come on man, if youre tuned you need to own it, its a sad situation but Im sure you realized when you flashed the tune that if you had an issue youd be out of luck, its been well discussed that the SCT strategy tunes are dangerous...........

What is a strategy tune?

vfast

Established Member
i kinda agree but how many dealerships would own it on an issue?
:??:

vfast

Established Member
who wants a mustang if you can't mod it....this is why i keep my fox body cars around

Users who are viewing this thread