800+hp suspension help

Crazyredsvt

Established Member
14 gt500 830rwhp on a 295-55-15 DR2
Spins from 60-70mph still. It has
BMR-SP012RE springs Viking double adjustables BMR upper control arm Pan hard bard. also the rear sway bar is off the car. Car feels pretty sketchy just need help on dialing it in. Used to hook good on the 20s but I also took out 150lbs

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe a bigger tire will help? I'm around the same power as you're and spin 315 R888Rs from 60 rolls. I'm switching to 305 M/T SS tires.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Why is the rear sway bar off the car? Plan to install an anti roll bar?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Is the front sway bar on the car?
What front shocks?
Tons of options since you can run rear 15s!
If you’re optimizing the car for a roll, might need to play with the timing curve or learn how the car likes throttle input (both can be tune related).
My car put the power down well at that level.
I currently love my 315/50/17 ETRs
-J

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
How old are the tires? In my experience when the DR tire even gets a little worn it needs to be replaced.

I was spinning last year really bad and DR tire looked ok to me and really wasn't that old to be honest and I started playing with my Viking set up as well and nothing I did helped.

As soon as I replaced the tire it was like traction came back again it was crazy the difference it made.

I replace my DR tires every year now. At the track I was hooking fine so I assumed they were good. For the street they were not at all! I would recommend the MT Pro Radial at 276/60 tho. Nothing works better than that period other than the Hoosier but the Hoosiers dont last very long imo.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Don't really know what I'm talking about but I would think weight transfer would be difficult to do from a roll without traction of some kind. I would think that tires would be your main issue. As already mentioned, DRs don't age too well and the right tire is important. I am at you power level "with an auto" and can dead hook on a 20 but only if they are warm. I can't do it on a cold tire "Mickey Thompson ET Street".

Crazyredsvt

Established Member
How old are the tires? In my experience when the DR tire even gets a little worn it needs to be replaced.

I was spinning last year really bad and DR tire looked ok to me and really wasn't that old to be honest and I started playing with my Viking set up as well and nothing I did helped.

As soon as I replaced the tire it was like traction came back again it was crazy the difference it made.

I replace my DR tires every year now. At the track I was hooking fine so I assumed they were good. For the street they were not at all! I would recommend the MT Pro Radial at 276/60 tho. Nothing works better than that period other than the Hoosier but the Hoosiers dont last very long imo.
Tires are brand new truck with no less than 200 miles on them

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
14 gt500 830rwhp on a 295-55-15 DR2
Spins from 60-70mph still. It has
BMR-SP012RE springs Viking double adjustables BMR upper control arm Pan hard bard. also the rear sway bar is off the car. Car feels pretty sketchy just need help on dialing it in. Used to hook good on the 20s but I also took out 150lbs

Maybe start by removing the 10% lower on your car. That would bring the torque curve down a little bit with that 3R your running.

What gears 3:73?

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
re: Rear Sway Bar Removal.
I did it to cut weight on the car
Some guys think it's crazy @ $399 but I swapped out my 7 yr old 32lbs OEM battery for a 5lb ATX20-HD Antigravity Battery . CCA is 900 vs. OEM 500 . Since August it's worked flawlessly. It's currently in the car for winter storage on an Optima 291 Lithium charger.
Also....you're making Big Power. I was wondering if you have a built motor?

Beercules

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread