92 foxbody/ cobra prototype

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I would need more information to believe this. I do know of the Paul Rossie (I think that is his name) that had the black Cobra that had track time and was a well documented prototype.

What exactly is so unique on this car that makes it a prototype?

Tom

Tom, what anniversary show did we see this at, was it Charlotte, Nashville, Birmingham? I can’t remember, but I was there too at one of these shows where the car was on display.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Tom, what anniversary show did we see this at, was it Charlotte, Nashville, Birmingham? I can’t remember, but I was there too at one of these shows where the car was on display.
Dave,

I believe it was Nashville. It was up in the spectator/bleacher area. Phil was also there. We had the 6 ex-IMSA cars there we did photos of. Mark too.

Tom

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I believe it was Nashville. It was up in the spectator/bleacher area. Phil was also there. We had the 6 ex-IMSA cars there we did photos of. Mark too.

Tom
Tom,
Yes, I knew the owner who bought it from the guy that got it from Ford. You have a good memory.

I hooked him to that Charlotte car lot that was buying and selling cars at that time. Morrison Motor?

Morrision Motor

Cobra Jet

Established Member
While this post is interesting, I have so many questions….

First, yes the Marti does state it was used as a “Test” vehicle, but for a 1993 Cobra, there’s no facts to prove that part of the story. For all we know, that car could have been a test bed for emissions, brakes, or revised engine changes.

Just because it has a “Cobra” upper intake on it, doesn’t mean it was in fact a test vehicle used for the 1993 Cobra.

Open the passenger door, what is the PCM code in the door jamb? Pull the passenger side kick panel off and tell us what the Ford PCM code is on it. IF this is a test vehicle for a 1993 Cobra, it’s going to have other Ford nomenclature/labels or possibly hand written marker on the outer case. It also won’t be an A9L processor if it was all “test”.

Looking at the images of the car, there’s too many aftermarket upgrades to even begin to determine if this was truly a testbed for a 1993 Cobra. IMO, if it WAS a test for the 1993 Cobra, the value is diminished by the fact that any original parts have been removed and aftermarket parts are on the car.

Ford didn’t drive around test vehicles with such plaques displaying what the car was used for and when. Someone added that and does the owner have ANY paperwork from Dearborn to back up the story?

Not trying to put down the car or the “story”, but how can anyone confirm this was in fact used as a 1993 Cobra test vehicle, and not just some random pulled off the line of the other 5.0 test vehicles?

Pull the upper intake off and post the Ford part #’s on it - because if that was a prototype upper Cobra intake, it won’t have the standard 1993 Ford part/engineering numbers on it. It also does not look like one of the early 1993 Cobra upper intakes that are so often posted online in the forums or in the SVT books.

q6543

Established Member
Just following clues and seeing the Walsh sticker maybe reach out and see if anyone over there remembers it.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm kind of surprised now one has stated it has 99 cobra wheels on it, I know ford plans ahead but I'm not sure they had that much advance design. The SN95 was just coming out as the 93R's were finishing up.
That's because a wheel change isn't hard to do, and it's quite common.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
1661854692285.gif

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, guys, if you're calling it a fake, state WHY it's a fake, or WHY you believe it's a fake.

Users who are viewing this thread