• Yes

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • No

Votes: 26 61.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cj428mach

Established Member
LOL I always enjoy seeing people spend a ton of money on these things. There are very few colors that these actually look better than the all reds and they're so expensive. They remind me of the 4th gen export tail lights people would spend $500-$750 for that were so extremely ugly, the only reason they were buying them was "to be different."

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
LOL I always enjoy seeing people spend a ton of money on these things. There are very few colors that these actually look better than the all reds and they're so expensive. They remind me of the 4th gen export tail lights people would spend $500-$750 for that were so extremely ugly, the only reason they were buying them was "to be different."

I think those 99-01 look much better than all red. I think the 03-04 cobra should be worthy of those from the factory and not the same old red that every 99-04 v6 or gt has.

cj428mach

Established Member
I think your car is the only car I like with the older tails, it works good with the redfire. Just never been a fan of the amber on tails.

Im fine with GT headlights and taillights on our cars. So much of the rest of the car is unique to a cobra I can live with that. Its still way better than the SS and WS6/Firehawks of the same time frame. Thr only thing they had over the base v8 cars were hoods, spoilers, wheels, cai and exhaust.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I think those 99-01 look much better than all red. I think the 03-04 cobra should be worthy of those from the factory and not the same old red that every 99-04 v6 or gt has.

I'm with you a 100% Bdubbs. They should have come on the 03/04 Cobras from the factory.

I paid $500 (with shipping) for the set on my coupe (Call me dumb if you want. My money... My choice...). However, I would NEVER pay 2 grand for a set. They can keep them at that price.

Oh and that is the starting BID..... NOT the buy it now price LOL.

Zemedici

Established Member

Aesthetics are a completely subjective opinion. I think 99/01 ambers look phenomenal on the terminators, and I believe @Bdubbs and a few others would agree

EDIT: See brady beat me to the punch! hahaha

IllCobra

Established Member
I think your car is the only car I like with the older tails, it works good with the redfire. Just never been a fan of the amber on tails.

Im fine with GT headlights and taillights on our cars. So much of the rest of the car is unique to a cobra I can live with that. Its still way better than the SS and WS6/Firehawks of the same time frame. Thr only thing they had over the base v8 cars were hoods, spoilers, wheels, cai and exhaust.

I'm with you on preferring the all red tail lights, especially on SB cobras. But to each their own. I actually plan on buying a blacked out set from AM after i buy a set of blk/chrome FR500s.
I wonder if all people that own these lights on their 99/01 cobras know what these lights are worth? I bet there have been plenty of people that got a steal from owners that didn't know what they had.

On a side note, i gotta disagree with you on trans am lights. Those honeycomb rear lights look awesome imo haha

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
bc8d5658a1e72f17c99d82ffd8a01546.jpg

Worth every penny!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Opinions are like assholes everyone has one. If I ever find a set at a reasonable cost I'm going for a set. I love them they should of came with them.

Pisses me off the guy I sold my old 01 Cobra too traded it in to a Ford dealer I begged and offered money to swap tails before he did. He wouldn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dom418

Established Member
Overrated and over hyped. But that's my opinion. I'm also not a CO or MC so as you can see I like to go against the grain lol

Franco

Established Member

I agree. The amber is just to be different, however doesn't look good on every color. I don't get what all the hoopla is about

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
If I happened across a set that were reasonable, perhaps someone was parting an older Cobra, I'd get them. I know that they generally sell for about $500, but I don't like the 6" x 2" amber plastic patch that much. I'll buy the hype to about $350, but nothing more. I guess that's why I don't have a set- LOL. I agree they look better on some colors than others. I also favor a nice, crisp, clean, and clear red set as well. Nostalgically speaking, having them on an 03/04 would tie back to the 93 Cobra tails, which I'm pretty sure, had the ambers. The cheaper they are, the cooler they become to me. $2000 is silly.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
A lot of you are mentioning price and adding them just to be different.

One thing no one has mentioned is safety. I know that might seem like a silly comment, but I was in the military and I was stationed in Europe. Vehicles produced in Europe are required to have amber turn signal indicators so you can clearly identify someone changing lanes or direction.

I did not add mine with safety in mind, but I do agree with the logic that turn signals "should" be amber in color. Having the brake lights and turn signals the same color "could" cause confusion for other drivers.

Granted the law, department of transportation and good drivers say different LOL.....

And I happen to think vehicle manufactures went to all red tail lights just to keep the cost of production down. Just like they removed the key hole from the passenger doors and only installed them on the drivers door.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
If the amber tails would have come stock, I would have paid for all red, or tinted. I actually want new headlights with clear markers, but apparently the quality sucks on the repos that come with clear.

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
I had a 01 cobra and really did not care for the amber taillights on my black cobras. it really depends on the color... torch red and red fire amber look well on. A nice set of tinted lights is the right way to go with a black car. Wish I would have swapped them out to make a quick buck though....

they seem to be very popular so someone should contact a company and see if they would make some for less than 200 dollars. never heard of that being done

Users who are viewing this thread