"A Challenge to Mr. Moderator"

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
OK, this subject does not really deal with Cobra Rs - but I figured I could get away with this post since it involves our beloved "Mr. Moderator"! :rollseyes You see, Brian went to the dark side by trading in his gorgeous Sonic Blue 03 Cobra for a yellow Chebbie (I can hear Ted retching in the background:lol1: ). Well, I decided the poor, heartbroken car needed to be rescued after being dumped by his prior ruthless owner, :-D so I bought it.

I discovered if you are nice to the car and listen really close, it talks to you! :eek: So while driving it home from Madison yesterday (can you say tune up time?), it whispered that "Mr. Hot Shot should bring his Ted nauseating Z06 to the track for a little showdown next season"!:D :D :D Honestly Brian, the car told me to say that. You know I would never pick on you!:lol:

We'll be waiting - perhaps F-body next April??? Who knows, maybe I can keep up with a few of those other guys this time. (Bruce? Lew? Terry?)
:beer:

Andy M

Established Member
HEHE!!! Fred, I love a good cat fight!!! I would pay money to see you whuup up on our Moderator! let me know when and where?....

Glad to hear that you have made a home for Brian's throw-back car... ;-)

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Originally posted by Andy M
Glad to hear that you have made a home for Brian's throw-back car... ;-)
Thanks Andy. My next trick is to rescue one of his neglected 2000 Rs. Brian thinks I'm coming to help him install that MM stuff on his 95R, but when he's not looking...

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Flying Fred
OK, this subject does not really deal with Cobra Rs - but I figured I could get away with this post since it involves our beloved "Mr. Moderator"! :rollseyes You see, Brian went to the dark side by trading in his gorgeous Sonic Blue 03 Cobra for a yellow Chebbie (I can hear Ted retching in the background:lol1: ). Well, I decided the poor, heartbroken car needed to be rescued after being dumped by his prior ruthless owner, :-D so I bought it.

I discovered if you are nice to the car and listen really close, it talks to you! :eek: So while driving it home from Madison yesterday (can you say tune up time?), it whispered that "Mr. Hot Shot should bring his Ted nauseating Z06 to the track for a little showdown next season"!:D :D :D Honestly Brian, the car told me to say that. You know I would never pick on you!:lol:

We'll be waiting - perhaps F-body next April??? Who knows, maybe I can keep up with a few of those other guys this time. (Bruce? Lew? Terry?)

Fred:

I'll gladly shoot the video, for everyone to see!!!

Oh, you got it right, I got the devil in me!!!!

;-) :lol: :p

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

PS Too bad Speed Seekers is going to conflict with the Mustang 40th in Nashville!!:( :cryying: :whine:

Terry Moenich

Established Member
I had my Z06 to the Alpha club event at RA to compare it to the 2000 R.

I only had the stock Supercar tires(Which were really pretty good) and stock Z06 brake pads which are damn good for factory pads.

The Z06 was about 8 MPH slower on the front straight.

After about 4 hard laps the brake fluid gave up, ( in 5 )and has not been the same since, soft pedal.

It does travel through corner with less effort, is lacking some HP.

My 00 R only has the Bassani cats, not the full treatment, and thats the only mod. It made 378HP at the wheels on a Dyno jet.

The R pulls much harder after 5000 RPM...4valve heads!!

The Vette is a blast on the street though!!!!!!!!

Cobra-R

Established Member

Haha. I love smack talking when we have all winter to talk big without having to back our (mainly mine) words up.

First, Being a prominant member of society such as you are fred, not sure if you should admitt to having a conversation with a car. ;) ;) :beer:

Second, Since you made the challenge, do I get to pick the track? I will accept the challenge if I get that courtesy?:D :D :D

Third, If I win, you have to put a sticker on your car for one event (Northwoods shelby meet) of my choosing (and of my making ;) ) Of course you can stick it to the window or a place that won't damage the paint)

Fourth, The looser buys the winner dinner at the Shelby meet.

What do ya say? I say we even drag Ted into this challenge, since we will have a Doctor close if he gets sick from the yellow car. ;

Brian:beer: :beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Re: Re: "A Challenge to Mr. Moderator"

Originally posted by Cobra-R
Third, If I win, you have to put a sticker on your car for one event (Northwoods shelby meet) of my choosing (and of my making ;) ) Of course you can stick it to the window or a place that won't damage the paint)

Hmmmm....... wonder what that sticker's gonna say? :??: :dw: :eek:

This is SO much fun!! :uh oh: :rockon:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
So while driving it home from Madison yesterday (can you say tune up time

Fred:

So Doug warmed 'Ol Blue over a bit? ;-)

It was fun running with you while it lasted Fred!!:(

Second, Since you made the challenge, do I get to pick the track? I will accept the challenge if I get that courtesy?:D :D :D

Fred:

Be vewey vewey careful!!:read:

Last edited:

kevin

Haha. I love smack talking when we have all winter to talk big without having to back our (mainly mine) words up.

First, Being a prominant member of society such as you are fred, not sure if you should admitt to having a conversation with a car. ;) ;) :beer:

What do ya say? I say we even drag Ted into this challenge, since we will have a Doctor close if he gets sick from the yellow car. ;

boy, sure seems you gotta have a lot of things determined by you. you must have so much confidence in the yeller beanie that you have to choose the environment to give yourself a snowballs chance:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fred, i've challenged him to one-on-ones before (3 times to be exact) and he always found an excuse to deny hinself some embarassement (mostly he was "tired"). :shrug:

so good luck fred in tying down a solid commitment that continues to change as the tide turns:D

Cobra-R

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: "A Challenge to Mr. Moderator"

Originally posted by kevin
boy, sure seems you gotta have a lot of things determined by you. you must have so much confidence in the yeller beanie that you have to choose the environment to give yourself a snowballs chance:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fred, i've challenged him to one-on-ones before (3 times to be exact) and he always found an excuse to deny hinself some embarassement (mostly he was "tired"). :shrug:

so good luck fred in tying down a solid commitment that continues to change as the tide turns:D

Yea, a drag race with pickups, that is totally different. (besides, I didn't see you to worked up when I said I was to tired at the end of a day of tracking to unhook my truck and run them, you seemed just as tired as i was.)

Maybe you should enter our little challenge also?

kevin

Re: Re: Re: Re: "A Challenge to Mr. Moderator"

Yea, a drag race with pickups, that is totally different. (besides, I didn't see you to worked up when I said I was to tired at the end of a day of tracking to unhook my truck and run them, you seemed just as tired as i was.)

Maybe you should enter our little challenge also?

a race is a race there brudder. your yeller beanie weenie pick-um-up just isn't/wasn't up to the mighty hual contest.:lol: :lol:

you just figured it would be easy to say you were tired and lump that on me as well (i wasn't, as mom and dad are witness) as was ready to rock and roll. i'm wondering who was more tired, you or the maxi?:shrug: :lol: :lol: :lol: :beer:

Cobra-R

Established Member
BTW: I just finished installing Brembo Rotors and race pads on the Z this morning. Hoosiers are mounted and ready to go, so get ready to follow the bumble bee, Fred. :) :)

Brian

PS: I really like you and truley am going to hate to do this to you. ;)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
BTW: I just finished installing Brembo Rotors and race pads on the Z this morning. Hoosiers are mounted and ready to go, so get ready to follow the bumble bee, Fred. :) :)

Brian

PS: I really like you and truley am going to hate to do this to you. ;)

Fred:

Just make sure you let me get the video of you spanking that screaming yellow zonker like a Redheaded Stepchild! :lol: ;-) :p

We can't use the "C" word on this board!! :burn: :bash:

;-)

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by ac427cobra

We can't use the "C" word on this board!!

;-)

CORVETTE

Just trying to help you, and be a good moderator.

Last edited:

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member

I suggested F-body at RA since we both know that track well. But if you need a "home track" advantage, we can discuss another venue.

Hmmm ...this guy sounds cocky. Notice how he doesn't say what he will have to do when I win! (Oops, I'm sorry Brian. Should I have said "if"? NAY!)

Fine. I like my Tenderloin Shiraz medium. And of course I'll expect an excellent (can you say expensive???) bottle of red wine to go with it.

Ted can speak for himself, but I personally don't think it's a good idea. He may puke on the track (debris flag, please) ...he may go blind ...he may even crash. I'm thinking you suggested this so I have to help Ted and you can win!?!:nonono:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: "A Challenge to Mr. Moderator"

I suggested F-body at RA since we both know that track well. But if you need a "home track" advantage, we can discuss another venue.

Hmmm ...this guy sounds cocky. Notice how he doesn't say what he will have to do when I win! (Oops, I'm sorry Brian. Should I have said "if"? NAY!)

Fine. I like my Tenderloin Shiraz medium. And of course I'll expect an excellent (can you say expensive???) bottle of red wine to go with it.

Ted can speak for himself, but I personally don't think it's a good idea. He may puke on the track (debris flag, please) ...he may go blind ...he may even crash. I'm thinking you suggested this so I have to help Ted and you can win!?!:nonono:

Ok, maybe the dinner part wasn't such a good idea (ecspecially since you already voluntered to buy next time) So that one is out, since you scared me away with the wine comment.

Trackwise, I was thinking Gingerman or Mam. MAM actually leads the pack in my mind since there would be a chance of them allowing us a wheel to wheel race?? If I wanted the upper hand, i would say Brainerd, but my Killer Bee doesn't need an advantage. :beer:

We will let Ted speak for himself, but I really would hate to be responsable for him loosing tracktime from being ill. :shrug: :lol:

kevin

Re: Re: Re: Re: "A Challenge to Mr. Moderator"

Ok, maybe the dinner part wasn't such a good idea (ecspecially since you already voluntered to buy next time) So that one is out, since you scared me away with the wine comment.

Trackwise, I was thinking Gingerman or Mam. MAM actually leads the pack in my mind since there would be a chance of them allowing us a wheel to wheel race?? If I wanted the upper hand, i would say Brainerd, but my Killer Bee doesn't need an advantage. :beer:

We will let Ted speak for himself, but I really would hate to be responsable for him loosing tracktime from being ill. :shrug: :lol:

sounds to me lie an unequivical changing of the tide;-)

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
CORVETTE

Just trying to help you, and be a good moderator.
YIKES! How did someone who speaks blasphemy become the moderator???:shrug: I thought you guys told me this was a good site???:??: Oh well, I suppose there's always one bad apple in every barrel ...or in this case would it be a lemon???:lol: :lol: :lol:

Where's the rest of my Cobra mates - sorry, brudders - to take up the cause??? Oh wait, Bruce is going to be shooting video (love that redheaded stepchild thought). Then again, maybe that's why Brian is trying to chose the venue - no witnesses!!! Kevin, me thinks you should come join in - heck, let's bring up the calvary from Texas (Andy, Joe - how about Tom and the Zippo car?). Call in our east coast brudders as well (yo Ken, time to come play at Road America!). I know there will be plenty of good old Ford boys from the midwest just dying to put a good whooping on him. I can see this is going to get big and nasty ...I'll bet the west coast guys may consider showing up for a piece of the action! Might as well contact the magazines for some serious coverage while we're at it!!!:rockon:

kevin

YIKES! How did someone who speaks blasphemy become the moderator???:shrug: I thought you guys told me this was a good site???:??: Oh well, I suppose there's always one bad apple in every barrel ...or in this case would it be a lemon???:lol: :lol: :lol:

Where's the rest of my Cobra mates - sorry, brudders - to take up the cause??? Oh wait, Bruce is going to be shooting video (love that redheaded stepchild thought). Then again, maybe that's why Brian is trying to chose the venue - no witnesses!!! Kevin, me thinks you should come join in - heck, let's bring up the calvary from Texas (Andy, Joe - how about Tom and the Zippo car?). Call in our east coast brudders as well (yo Ken, time to come play at Road America!). I know there will be plenty of good old Ford boys from the midwest just dying to put a good whooping on him. I can see this is going to get big and nasty ...I'll bet the west coast guys may consider showing up for a piece of the action! Might as well contact the magazines for some serious coverage while we're at it!!!:rockon:

fred, i will have to see what the date becomes (after brian suggestions one and you agrre and he changes it, and then have to follow the hair shampoo instructions;-) )

with all that's been going on here i haven't had any time to even start looking at next years schedule. as soon as you guys decide on a final date and i compare it to my schedule, we will see what can be done. the only thing i'm certain of is the brian redman races about the 3rd weekend in july at ra.

btw, ya better check on the weather expected where and when the track is decided on. as soon as you think he brings the yellow car, he will cahnge to the white car if the weather looks quextionable;-) :-D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread