"A Challenge to Mr. Moderator"

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: "A Challenge to Mr. Moderator"

Originally posted by Cobra-R
Ok, maybe the dinner part wasn't such a good idea (ecspecially since you already voluntered to buy next time) So that one is out, since you scared me away with the wine comment.
I think you are right Kevin. Looks like a 180 to me. I WILL buy you dinner next time, but that will be LONG before the Shelby event. So I don't scare you away, we'll limit the cost of the wine.

Trackwise, I was thinking Gingerman or Mam. MAM actually leads the pack in my mind since there would be a chance of them allowing us a wheel to wheel race?? If I wanted the upper hand, i would say Brainerd, but my Killer Bee doesn't need an advantage.
MAM - good thought. How about during the Northwood's event in May? I'm sure Gary H and his staff would gladly sponsor a "sprint" again. As for Brainerd, what would be your advantage??? (Hint: It won't be horsepower!)

By the way, since you are setting "conditions", here's a little suggestion. You've already spent $15K more for your car than I have for mine, so I think you shouldn't be allowed any mods (in other words, you've already "over budget"). Using Hoosiers, race pads, Brembo rotors are all fine. I'll have the same, so we're even from that standpoint.
:beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
CORNVETTE

Just trying to help you, and be a good moderator.

STOP!!!:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: My eyes :cryying: :cryying:

I think I'm going to have to sleep with potato slices on my eyes tonight!!!

Originally posted by Flying Fred
YIKES! I thought you guys told me this was a good site???:??: Oh well, I suppose there's always one bad apple in every barrel ...or in this case would it be a lemon???:lol: :lol: :lol:

Where's the rest of my Cobra mates - sorry, brudders - to take up the cause??? Oh wait, Bruce is going to be shooting video (love that redheaded stepchild thought). Then again, maybe that's why Brian is trying to chose the venue - no witnesses!!! Kevin, me thinks you should come join in - heck, let's bring up the calvary from Texas (Andy, Joe - how about Tom and the Zippo car?). Call in our east coast brudders as well (yo Ken, time to come play at Road America!). I know there will be plenty of good old Ford boys from the midwest just dying to put a good whooping on him. I can see this is going to get big and nasty ...I'll bet the west coast guys may consider showing up for a piece of the action! Might as well contact the magazines for some serious coverage while we're at it!!!:rockon:

I think Road America is the perfect track. I should be able to keep Fred's car in camera range (that is if you slow down a tiny bit just so we can get this on video) but do I have to follow behind that Chhhh Chhhh Chhhh yellow car just to collect the evidence?:burn: :burn: :xpl: :xpl: :xpl: :xpl: :xpl: I might need an air sickness bag? Can someone loan me an open face helmet to catch this on video?

The Steak Shiraz is a perfect choice Fred. It's gonna taste extra good I'll bet?

I'm itching to go!!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
My money is on Fred and that Flying car! If I come, can I have all the parts that fall off the plastic car (I heard rods make nice sculpture for your shop wall)?

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "A Challenge to Mr. Moderator"

MAM - good thought. How about during the Northwood's event in May? I'm sure Gary H and his staff would gladly sponsor a "sprint" again.
Just got word from Gary H. The Northwood's MAM event is May 1&2. They aren't "officially announcing" it until they get all the signed contracts back, but that's usually just a formality.

I'm still thinking we should do something at Road America during the F-body. How about fastest lap time (kind of like autocrossing)? MAM could be our "W2W event". If there happens to be a split winner between those two events, we'll have to look at some type of tiebreaker.

kevin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "A Challenge to Mr. Moderator"

Just got word from Gary H. The Northwood's MAM event is May 1&2. They aren't "officially announcing" it until they get all the signed contracts back, but that's usually just a formality.

I'm still thinking we should do something at Road America during the F-body. How about fastest lap time (kind of like autocrossing)? MAM could be our "W2W event". If there happens to be a split winner between those two events, we'll have to look at some type of tiebreaker.

if brian suggests the northwoods event at mam - watch out. if i'm not mistaken those guys only allow ford powered products (unless brain plans an engine swap;-) )

Cobra-R

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "A Challenge to Mr. Moderator"

Originally posted by kevin
if brian suggests the northwoods event at mam - watch out. if i'm not mistaken those guys only allow ford powered products (unless brain plans an engine swap;-) )

Thats only the RA event that they require that, besides Fred mentioned the northwoods event, not I. :D

I would rather not do the RA april event for two reasons.

1, That will be the first event of the year, and I know I will be too rusty to push very hard on the track.

2, I have never driven the Z on the track and I would rather run it on a little more forgiving track since it is going to be so totally different than what I am used to. If we do that driving school with Z's this winter, I would have a better idea what they will be like on the track, but at this point I would rather be safe then sorry.

Kevin is right above, I will not drive any car other than the 95 in the wet, but as long as Dean and Kevin arent both there, dry weather will be pretty much assured.
:rockon:

Brian:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "A Challenge to Mr. Moderator"

I think you are right Kevin. Looks like a 180 to me. I WILL buy you dinner next time, but that will be LONG before the Shelby event. So I don't scare you away, we'll limit the cost of the wine.

By the way, since you are setting "conditions", here's a little suggestion. You've already spent $15K more for your car than I have for mine, so I think you shouldn't be allowed any mods (in other words, you've already "over budget"). Using Hoosiers, race pads, Brembo rotors are all fine. I'll have the same, so we're even from that standpoint.
:beer:

Oh, so now you have to limit my car in order to keep up? Man, this is getting to look pretty bad for the Cobra camp, maybe you should limit me to only using 3 gears also???? :p ;-) :lol:

kevin

Oh, so now you have to limit my car in order to keep up? Man, this is getting to look pretty bad for the Cobra camp, maybe you should limit me to only using 3 gears also???? :p ;-) :lol:

:eek: :eek: i thot you bought an automatic so the wife could drive it on sundays:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by kevin
:eek: :eek: i thot you bought an automatic so the wife could drive it on sundays:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

I thought that was his wife's car?!?!? ;-) :p :lol:

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member

I could say I'm representing the "blue collar track crowd" that sticks to a budget, but that's not necessarily true. On the other hand if money is no object and you're willing to spend "cubic dollars" to win, then perhaps I should buy a Ford GT to spank that Chebbie into it's proper place???

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
I vote for Gingerman, as its a safe track, you both know it, and I would think by the afternoon on sunday, the crowd thins out, and a sprint race would be do-able....

plus, I'll be there to :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: at the :loser: :-D

Cobra-R

Established Member

I could say I'm representing the "blue collar track crowd" that sticks to a budget, but that's not necessarily true. On the other hand if money is no object and you're willing to spend "cubic dollars" to win, then perhaps I should buy a Ford GT to spank that Chebbie into it's proper place???

Sure, as long as you remove the blower belt, remove the brake pads, and run sears road handler tires........man now I sound like you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW: I have no mods planned, but maybe unplanned in a planned sense for the Z06. :p ;-) :beer:

Brian

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "A Challenge to Mr. Moderator"

Sure, as long as you remove the blower belt, remove the brake pads, and run sears road handler tires

Brian

Fred:

I still think you would be ok with those concessions!! ;-) :p :lol:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member

Sure, as long as you remove the blower belt, remove the brake pads, and run sears road handler tires........man now I sound like a chicken. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brian

97whitevert

Established Member

... but as long as Dean and Kevin arent both there, dry weather will be pretty much assured.
:rockon:

Brian:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

wait justa cotton pickin' minute here!!! methinks you got that all confused:coolman: :beer: :beer:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "A Challenge to Mr. Moderator"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

2Mystic

Established Member
Blue-Blockers - the answer to Puke Yellow

I've found the solution - and Fred is not going to like it. I know the Z06, and what's capable of at Road America. With a set of those magic Dunlops bolted on I will drive Brian’s POS Z06 and whoop Flying Fred (aka "front end loader Fred"). How can I do this you ask without blowing my lunch :xpl: all over the interior of the Yellow car? Blue-Blocker sun glasses – puke Yellow turns to Crystal White and I can drive it like I hate it (which I do …. Not really!). With this solution, even Brian might be able to drive the car without getting sick -What do you say Mr. Moderator…. Want to kick a little freddy-butt?:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread