Advice anyone..?

dannydarko11

Yeah...no, I know
Established Member
ok so i have a Nissan 350z i got it because i test drove my friends 350z and fell in love with the handling and the response the car makes, and also the fact that when i sit in it its pretty damn comfortable. My dad on the other hand had a 98' svt cobra hardtop 5spd. That car scared the shit out of me..alll the torque!! just ridiculous...in a good way :) the only thing i didnt like about it was the fact that when i drove it, my left leg got 10x more muscle in my right leg because of the heavy ass clutch lol.So i decided to go with the 350z. now im reconsidering, i did some research on the newer cobras (03'/04' "Terminators") and the 99 & 01 cobras i havent been able to find the time to test drive one but i will soon. anyways other then the fact that i know that a cobra would smoke my my car while short shifting lol (that actually happend BTW) im a little skeptical as to the comfort of the ride as well as the handling too. im pretty much sold on getting one but i just want to be 100% sure that i wont get tired of driving with a neckbrace on because of the power lol so should i stay with the 350z or go for the cobra? it will be a daily driver just for the record. any and all advice would be helpful :rockon:

thanks.

oh and sorry if i posted this in the wrong section

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
Go test drive a '03/04 Cobra, then tell us how you feel. The Cobra can be made to handle very well with some choice parts too. Price to performance the 03/04 Cobras are hard to beat. I daily drive my Cobra and enjoy stacking the miles on it. 500+ hp on the street there is not too much competition. The downside would be that it is a six to seven year old car. Look for a low mile one, they are around but getting more scarce.

A newer GT '05+ might be something to look into for yourself if you want more refinement out of the box. If you care about heated/cooled seats, and such nick-naks then newer is the way to go. It depends on your ultimate goals for power level and how much you are into "modding" or just want it there "out of the box" so to speak.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with Cobracide. Try to test drive both a 2003-2004 Cobra and a 2005+ Mustang GT. The 2005-2011 GT is going to be a more solid and higher quality car overall, but the styling and engine are very different. The 2011 GT will be the most expensive, of course, but you get that awesome, new 5.0 motor. Both cars are going to drive a bit different which is why I suggest trying to test drive them both.

My personal choices would be either a 2003-2004 Cobra (with low miles) or 2011 GT.

If you decide to buy a 2003-2004 Cobra this information on my website will help you. Here is the link, and best of luck with your decision. .. Tips When Buying A Used 2003-2004 Cobra

cobracide

Established Member
Also the Cobra's stock clutch is HEAVY so if that bothers you there are options. You can go for a twin disk clutch in the '03-04 Cobra or go with the newer GT which have a hydraulic clutch.

dannydarko11

Yeah...no, I know
Established Member
Thanks so much for the replies, i really appreciate them. I loooove the look of the 03' 04' cobras more then the new 11 'GT's. idk but personally the terminators looks more slick and aggressive and in some ways downright scary. What i meant about comfort was more of how it sat, and when i accelerate its smooth and responsive you can really feel the v6 work in the car. idk if you ever test drove one but they are SUPER fun to drive, dont get me wrong im all down for the nick nacks but these are sport cars im lucky to even have a radio and a/c lol. The procharger is a good idead, but to ultimately make an unbiasd and good choice, i NEED to test drive these cars. but im crazy busy lately. i will probably get around to it this weekend. and the twin disk clutch. mmm sounds like a vacation for my leg :banana: lol.YOU DRIVE A 500hp beast daily haha lol dude thats crazy tight! you dont get whiplash or anything? well thanks for the replies keep them coming.

oh and ive been traveling around the web looking at the 350z forums and...well..nothing against the 350z owners at all but a lot of the guys on some of those forums are pricks lol again not trying to hurt anyones feelings im just sayin this forum is awesome and helpful:rockon:

cobracide

Established Member
I'm a metal head so whiplash is fun! The only thing I would like to have is maybe navigation but my blackberry will solve that, plus I could always update the stereo head unit. Also the T56 trans is not exactly the smoothest piece of work but it holds the power, which is more important. Out of the box you will have ~365hp to the wheels and a pulley upgrade with idlers, exhaust will net you 450+ hp. Slap a twin screw on with fuel upgrades and you are up about 600hp.

Let us know what specifically else you might need to know. Check my sig for some good upgrade ideas if you are that interested. Anything can be made fast but a 2003-4 is one of the cheapest ways to get there with it's bullet proof engine.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
You're on a Ford SVT website and in a 03/04 cobra forum. What do you honestly think the consensus here is going to be?

KILRSVT

Established Member
I do some road race and to be honest in an open track you will outrun a 350z in a auto cross even it will out handle you but the 350z doesnt make 450 and get your heart pumpin..lol its a mustang site well all be bias for a mustang

Users who are viewing this thread