Established Member
+1, good post. should be a sticky

aaaand....

smoke bomb ... I'm out

S1e11_SMOKEBOMB.gif

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Justin's who own grabber blue mustangs are the shit...

4VFTW

Established Member
Having dealt with Shaun myself let me just say that I respect his skills and would let him tune my car any day, however after seeing these threads pop up occasionally and through my dealings with Shaun I can see where the OP is coming from and Shaun all I would say to you is that you may want to alter how you speak to customers...maybe you cant because of the business your in I really dont know, but if you dont change dont be surprised to see these threads pop up on occasion. thats just friendly advice and all I will say.

3 Grabber Blue posts in a row = WIN:banana:

Shaun@AED

No, I do not believe you guys do 'get it'.

9:35 AM PST From Doug
Hi shaun. You tuned my car last summer. I would like to get a revision for Pypes long tubes and x pipe. That is the only change.

9:53 AM PST from AED
Requested updates attached:

1:15 PM PST from Doug:
I just took the car for an inspection before I do the long tubes and it failed. It failed for emmisions not ready, I have an easy 2000 miles on this flash. Are the rear O2's turned off?

(AED checks tune to verify Rear O2's are ON and the tune change for Rear O2 monitors is correct)
2:43 PM PST from AED:
Rear O2's are ON.

2:44 PM PST from Doug:
Well, I failed and gave it plenty of time to ready.

2:47 PM PST from AED: (I believe THIS is where some are saying I am being Rude, however it is 100% accurate.)
I simply keep all 4 O2's on and calibrate the rears to NOT look for additional O2 saturation from the Catalyst.
The rest is up the ECU to complete the monitors, I can not force that.

2:55 PM PST from Doug:
How long will that take its been nearly a year and 2000 miles.

2:58 PM PST from AED:
I've had customers report they complete in 60 miles.

3:01 PM PST from Doug:
Thanks for the help..... the car is 100% stock aside from cat deletes. You advertised it would pass before I purchaed from you. I can see you give a shit now. Thanks.

Note the prompt response to customer inquiries, despite the 'short' answers.
No where in this email thread does Doug ask for advice or help on what could be going on with his car. Within 18 minutes of my first email response to his Rear O2 question he fly's off the handle. It is clear to me he was pissed off from the beginning when his car failed the emissions test and was simply looking for a 'reason' to fly off the handle.

How do I know his car does not have any trouble codes? How do I know it does not have any intake or exhaust leaks? How do I know it hadn't had a KAM reset recently? Or that the Idle lope tune was not being run? How do I know what Monitors did not clear? What if it was his Evap? Or the Misfrie monitor? Fuel system monitor? EGR? Seriously?

Why is it immediately MY issue?

Last edited:

Justin81

Established Member
Justin's who own grabber blue mustangs are the shit...

X2 Bro! Let's campaign together!

Back to reality, I just put a nice little N/O kit on my car and i'm itching to use the 150 jets. I fought hard with myself and ended up putting in the 100. Biggest thing was I know you had such good luck with 150....

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
Justin is correct. The only reason I came to aed was the glowing reviews here. Which is also the only reason I brought it here as well. I dont think anyone needs to be treated like I was after spending good money with someone. when I got upset and told him he didn't give shit, he really proved he didnt by responding with " ill update your file" I can afford to fix my car and be treated that way, some on here cant, and nobody should get away with treating customers like that. He is a tuner, not the cdc carrying aroubd Ebola.

Shaun@AED

Having dealt with Shaun myself let me just say that I respect his skills and would let him tune my car any day, however after seeing these threads pop up occasionally and through my dealings with Shaun I can see where the OP is coming from and Shaun all I would say to you is that you may want to alter how you speak to customers...maybe you cant because of the business your in I really dont know, but if you dont change dont be surprised to see these threads pop up on occasion. thats just friendly advice and all I will say.

3 Grabber Blue posts in a row = WIN:banana:

You are mistaking 'speaking' with email responses. They are not the same.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
I would think it's quite obvious that the Customer's looking for "advice or help on what could be going on with his car." Why else would he have contacted you in the first place? Did you think he just wanted to let you know that he didn't pass?

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
How do I know his car does not have any trouble codes? How do I know it does not have any intake or exhaust leaks? How do I know it hadn't had a KAM reset recently? Or that the Idle lope tune was not being run? How do I know what Monitors did not clear? What if it was his Evap? Or the Misfrie monitor? Fuel system monitor? EGR? Seriously?

Because you couldn't care to ask

Deespeed99

Established Member
Why is it immediately MY issue?

Bingo. Everyone is so quick to blame the tuner or feed off another "AED complaint" that they arent taking a step back and seeing that the OP shouldve asked additional questions if he didnt know what to check or what was going on before calling shaun an ass basically. Yet again someone feels the need to jump on svtp to complain when if the energy was out into a search instead the issue probably couldve been fixed on his own.

Shaun@AED

This coming from the guy that "couldn't care to ask" for help or advice?

Nice.

Deespeed99

Established Member

Why does he have to ask? If you didnt know what to look for or check why didnt you ask instead of going off on him. You are quick to blame him but where is your accountability?

Shaun@AED

I would think it's quite obvious that the Customer's looking for "advice or help on what could be going on with his car." Why else would he have contacted you in the first place? Did you think he just wanted to let you know that he didn't pass?

What am I a psycic?

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member

Honest question...Why didn't you just say "Hey Shaun, my car didn't pass emissions with the tune revision. I've put approximately 2,000 miles on this current flash. What do you think the issue could be and is there anything I can check on my end to help narrow down the possibilities. Thank you for your time and cooperation."

You kind of did beat around the bush with your messages.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
What am I a psycic?

I'm not suggesting that at all. But why else would he send you a message and tell you his car didn't pass emissions? I don't think we need Miss Cleo here to understand where the Customer was going with his message?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member

With the amount of work that Shaun has to do, I would imagine that he doesn't have time to sit down and ponder what the person on the other end of the cat5 is really trying to get at. He can't read between the lines and read minds.

Now if streetone01 had asked at the end of his 2:55 email if there was anything he could look for, or any other advice Shaun could give to eliminate the problem, I'm sure Shaun would have given a direct response to that. But being that all he said was, "well it's not working." What can you say? Shaun doesn't have the time to run through a slew of scenarios to start listing them off via typing.

Deespeed99

Established Member
With the amount of work that Shaun has to do, I would imagine that he doesn't have time to sit down and ponder what the person on the other end of the cat5 is really trying to get at. He can't read between the lines and read minds.

Now if streetone01 had asked at the end of his 2:55 email if there was anything he could look for, or any other advice Shaun could give to eliminate the problem, I'm sure Shaun would have given a direct response to that. But being that all he said was, "well it's not working." What can you say? Shaun doesn't have the time to run through a slew of scenarios to start listing them off via typing.

This the point people are missing. If i have an issue im going to ask direct questions to get it fixed. Im going to say it doesnt work & expect someone to just pry stuff from me. People dont understand how busy these tuners/people are & think they sit around twiddling their thumbs all day.

Zemedici

Established Member
What am I a psycic?

what? That's how you treat customers? Granted the guy was beating around the bush a little bit, but why else would he be contacting you other than to help with his car? I'm not gonna randomly message my tuner to go 'so how was your night?' Its business-and should be treated as such...

Come on man, we know you're better than this. You tune the hell out of cars, dont let it get to your head.

scott_0

Established Member
You're making me happy I made this thread as you prove you are arrogant

plenty of other tuners out there, you have the right to choose any you want no? I still don't see how you knew he had an attitude or didn't care over email? because he didn't kiss your ass and hold your hand while he pried more info out of you? lol smh

I'd say it's in Shaun's best interest to take this to PM's, email, or better yet.......a phone call, I agree with the above statement, you're a business man Shaun, and you seem to be losing your cool just a little bit, doesn't look too good man........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread