After the long wait...I'm satisfied.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
After 5-6 long monthsf, I finally was able to pick my car up last week. I ordered a white/red SVTPP with Recaros (red inserts), and the track package. I absolutely love the car, I'm biased but it's a really good color combination.

My driving of it has and will be very minimal...but it drives amazing. Before I even moved the car, I put it into sport mode. I drove about 25 miles back from the railyard and loved the responsivness of the steering and the accelerator. The Goodyears stick MUCH better than the ones I had on my 2008. I also like the shifter, it gives the feel of an aftermarket short throw, but still keeps the stock look. I'm very happy with it.

I love how there isn't a grill, it reminds me more of a racecar and makes it look sportier...but it would be a nightmare to drive at night (bugs). My second downfall of the car is the steering wheel. I do not like the feeling of having 90% of the wheels be covered in suede. I would prefer to have a leather wrapped wheel.

The exhaust has a very nice tone to it, it's not excessivley loud and in 6th gear on the highway it sounds like you're driving a luxury car. Higher revving points though (3500+ rpms) still have the nice raspy sound that the GT500 is known for.

Overall I rate this car a 9.5/10. (Part of my deduction is for it being almost too nice to drive :beer: )
2012-08-04_14-40-03_132.jpg

2012-08-04_14-39-55_941.jpg

2012-08-04_14-39-09_58.gif

2012-08-04_14-38-55_86.jpg

2012-08-04_14-38-11_347.jpg

2012-08-03_12-59-25_475.jpg

2012-08-03_12-59-13_226.jpg

2012-08-03_12-59-02_675.jpg

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats. It sounds like you plan on storing it. What up?

Not necessarily storing it..but just putting a couple hundred miles on it a year...

I plan on keeping this car for a long time. I ordered a 2013 Boss that should arrive in about 4 weeks that I'll drive....but I might end up with a Raptor since it would be more practical (minus the gas mileage).

BIRDDOC

Established Member
Nice review. I'll post mine here soon. It will be similar to yours....minus my bias for grabber blue/black :) I put 50 miles on her yesterday.

VaporDude

Established Member
Congrats on the car.....maybe you can divy up the driving time between the Shelby and Boss/Raptor. You would love the Raptor. I see your in KC. Bring it to Shelbyfest next year in Hermann MO. Do you know Jeff and Julie at R&A Motorsports?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats on the car.....maybe you can divy up the driving time between the Shelby and Boss/Raptor. You would love the Raptor. I see your in KC. Bring it to Shelbyfest next year in Hermann MO. Do you know Jeff and Julie at R&A Motorsports?

I've had two Raptors for short periods of time and I do love how they drive. With the Fox suspension they are actually smoother than a regular F-150.

I'm not familiar with them? I was planning on doing the Shelbyfest!

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
+1 on the Raptor!! I enjoy that as much as I do my mustangs.

And Jeff at R&A did the restoration on my 69....fantastic work.

VaporDude

Established Member
I've had two Raptors for short periods of time and I do love how they drive. With the Fox suspension they are actually smoother than a regular F-150.

I'm not familiar with them? I was planning on doing the Shelbyfest!

I might be going out there to visit them in a few weeks. Jeff restores vintage Mustangs. There are a few others there that I know also. Maybe a KC get together is in order.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Congrats. And I completely agree, after my 6 month wait, wow was it all worth it lol.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
congrats...must be nice to have disposable income, a Boss and raptor too?? man....:beer:

If only I was that fortunate...

The Boss/Raptor I would just drive as a demo... My father and I run a Ford dealership in Kansas City.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member

The Boss/Raptor I would just drive as a demo... My father and I run a Ford dealership in Kansas City.

I remember those days!

Enjoy the car! I have a friend with a Ford store not far from you

Dadz500

Established Member
very sharp looking car. I too have a 13 Boss and was planning on making it my daily driver, but I love them all so I drive all 4 as often as possible and equally. My 13 Roush RS3 Vert has the most miles on it because I am on the middle of a 2200 +/- road trip, but the Shelby is for sure the most special one and the fastest, obviously. The Boss is great too and it's my favorite color of them all, Gotta Have it Green. Love the DIB on my RS3 too, but the green is just awesome with a bunch of coats of Zaino on it. Enjoy it, and the Boss!

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member

Which dealership if you don't mind me asking? I'll be sure to give you a thumbs up if I ever see you around:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread