Alaskan snowmobiling GoPro vids

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
Latest updates from one of the best winters on record....!!

[ame=http://vimeo.com/35869266]The Flats -- Epic Return on Vimeo[/ame]

[ame=http://vimeo.com/35618056]Deep Day @ Turny on Vimeo[/ame]

oldmodman

Established Member
Those were just beautiful.

I have never seen virgin powder like that. Under deep blue sparkling skies.

Sure don't have anything like that near me. Nearest might be Mt Pinos. But only for thirty minutes after dawn. Then the ten thousand people that show up will wreck it.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I hate snowmobiling. I have tried it several times and I spend more time digging the mechine out of the snow than I do actualy riding.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
That was awesome. I hope to go up to our NH vacation house in 2013 to do some snow mobiling. I've never done it before, but it can't be much different my traditional motocross experience.

I8URLS1

Established Member
I hate snowmobiling. I have tried it several times and I spend more time digging the mechine out of the snow than I do actualy riding.

Gotta learn how to ride! I'm heading up from Texas to Michigan in a few weeks to go snowmobiling. I grew up doing it my whole life. Next year I'm going out to Wyoming to ride in the mountains

silvrsrt

Established Member
That was awesome. I hope to go up to our NH vacation house in 2013 to do some snow mobiling. I've never done it before, but it can't be much different my traditional motocross experience.

A LOT different. I ride motocross and go sledding once or twice a year. Snow mobiling is a lot of fun but its a lot harder than it looks :beer:

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
YOU DICK!
JK JK !
Very envious. I wished i lived that close to the mts. and some deep pow. Traveled twice already this year from IA to Wyoming to sled and everywhere in the lower 48 seems to be low on snow. Alaska and Revy are on the list of places to sled before I die.

enjoyed the vids.

How You likin' the new Pro? Any mods on that baby? :rockon::beer:

Last edited:

mifordman

Established Member
Gotta learn how to ride! I'm heading up from Texas to Michigan in a few weeks to go snowmobiling. I grew up doing it my whole life. Next year I'm going out to Wyoming to ride in the mountains

i wouldn't waste your time coming up here to do that unless you plan on going far up northern MI, any snow we get has melted the next day or two after.

OP bad ass vids post up more if you have em!!!

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
Looks like a good day for sledding, we don't get that much snow in YK. It's too cold to snow here. I tried using my gopro chesty on the snowmobile the other night, and all i got was the tank/speedo.

03SonicStang

Established Member
Was in Gaylord, MI last weekend. They got dumped on; about 8-10" of snow. Trail Riding was OK. You can check this cam: Snowman Cam Gaylord Michigan Live Video Streaming Webcam if you're near Gaylord....going back next weekend!

I8URLS1

Established Member
i wouldn't waste your time coming up here to do that unless you plan on going far up northern MI, any snow we get has melted the next day or two after.

We will be in the UP, we usually go to Munising but may go to the western end this year. My dad's up there this week

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member

The throttle is your friend...PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!

Awesome! What was going on with the helicopter? Someone's sled broke down?

Yah, crank issues. Alot of the places we ride into you can either get in/out unless you have a properly working sled and a sack to accompany, not a place you can easily get out of. We just stop off at the airport, and they do recovery operations. They give you a sling, and have them meet you up there at a certain time, they show up, hook it up, and take the sled back for you. 600 dollar ride out.....
YOU DICK!
JK JK !
Very envious. I wished i lived that close to the mts. and some deep pow. Traveled twice already this year from IA to Wyoming to sled and everywhere in the lower 48 seems to be low on snow. Alaska and Revy are on the list of places to sled before I die.

enjoyed the vids.

How You likin' the new Pro? Any mods on that baby? :rockon::beer:

I love the Pro, I have the 155 Assault. The hillclimb track that comes on it leaves some to be desired for deep, dry fluffy snow, but works good on pack snow. Gonna be swapping tracks over the summer. Other than it just has a can, some small secondary clutching (they come with a TEAM stock) Im about 190 geared up, I will go 100-150ft on the jumps as the spring comes around and the conditions change. The shocks feel ok, but I will probably do a re-valve here in a couple weeks.

I have a couple more. You can usually tell its a good day when you have no footage, too busy riding. I actually rememberd to turn my cam on hahah

nice vid..where city you live in? I was stationed at Elmo

Im in Anchorage, stationed at Elmo, been here most of my career, been very lucky to call this place home.

Speaking of snow, 46" of new fluff 35 minutes from the doorstep just south of here. Gonna be a sik weekend of shredding again. Can you sayyyyy about 25-30ft @ 3000ft now :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread