Alcantara Interior Accents Complete!

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
Oh man this goes to my will do mods list.. Op, how do u plan on taking care of the suede? I have suedes seats and they were gray Corbeaus and now they are turning purpleish :( I've been using Scotch guard but no luck. Also, how much will cost me if I wana do the steering wheel?

Tractionless1

Established Member
Very nice, but from my experience with alcantara, I question the durability of the high wear areas aka the window switch and steering wheel.

Drove it 1200 miles last year, I'm not overly worried.

Oh man this goes to my will do mods list.. Op, how do u plan on taking care of the suede? I have suedes seats and they were gray Corbeaus and now they are turning purpleish :( I've been using Scotch guard but no luck. Also, how much will cost me if I wana do the steering wheel?

Remember it's Alcantara which is synthetic and formulated to be UV resistant. Only time will tell but as said above the car was driven 1200 miles last year, typically is garaged and covered, park in the shade whenever possible, and I use a tight fitting windshield sunscreen. As far as price quotes you'll have to contact Dallas Custom Steering Wheel at the number located on their card in post #1.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Also went to Dallas Custom
image-1_zpsdbf8ffb5.jpg

Sweet! Welcome to the brotherhood. :beer:

ninety5fiveoh

DHG FTW!
Established Member
Looks unbelivable! I have revisited this thread at least 5 times in the last 2 days drooling over all the work that was done! My biggest concern is that I always have a hard time finding companies that have a charcoal leather or suede that matches our interiors, but it seems like you've found it! I'd love to have a steering wheel done just like yours, with suede and either napa leather or perf leather where you have the mystic sections, and dark green stitching.

Very nice job!

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
did you get extra padding on yours? looks thicker than OP's or my eyes are playing tricks on me lol

I did get extra padding. it was an other $50 but i like how it feels. Cant wait to see how it is actually driving on the road. Granted it is just a steering wheel but i cant wait to test it out.

Tractionless1

Established Member
As far as those who are asking about the cost to undertake such a project I posted the per hr. labor rate as well as the material cost in the first post and I will not go beyond that. If you'd like to know how much the work on the wheel, brake boot & handle, shifter boot & handle cost, please refer to Dallas Custom Steering Wheel's card in post #1 as well.

I also ask that anyone contributing to this thread who has had similiar work done, to respect my wishes and not post prices here. So far so good from what I've seen and I appreciate it!

Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread