allocations and production? 350R

Para81

Established Member
I am plenty happy with my track pack car at MSRP. Different folks, different strokes, you are wasting your breath if you are trying to convince me that a 100K+ GT4 is going to put more smiles on my face than my 56k GT350.

Agreed. I love the 911, daily drive one, but I wouldn't buy it brand new - way too expensive. With the GT350 the engine alone is worth the money.

I rather have the Shelby on order over cars costing 3X times as much!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Plenty are asking 20k+, that doesnt mean they are getting it. You just have to do the leg work and be willing to transport a car from out of state (which is actually something the p-car guys do quite often, they even have a thread on rennlist just to get quotes for transport). Being I live where I do, all the local dealers were asking 20k+ over for base GT350s, I gave up after calling 50+ CA dealers and went with an out of state car at sticker.

As for the GT4, if your dealer had one at MSRP, its likely already gone, and if it isnt I can probably find them a buyer within a day. Last time I check the entire 2016 MY is sold out and dealers are already taking deposits for the 2017s, so you won't be able to just walk into any dealer and walk away with a car, not by a long shot. With <2000 units being made and a more reasonable MSRP compared to the GT3 and GT3RS, they will command ADMs in almost every market. They are great cars with a great following, so it's not surprising at all to me.

And if you run the car long and hard enough, things will break. No way getting around that, gotta pay to play.

This a great post!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
First, I've seen a few videos of stock C7Zs doing high 10s. The GT350 will really need to 60 ft to get into the 11's. Most likely it will trap mid to high teens.

Second, It's the reverse argument we used to have when the C6Z was out. C7s can turn up the boost and will respond to mods. The GT350 is pretty high strung from the factory, no boost to turn up, and with the vibration concerns, I just don't see it being mod friendly. I would't count on the huge boost from long tubes that some are touting.

Third, I'm not sure the 911 GT3 is "typically a better performer than the Z06 on a track". We have Chevy's engineer lapping VIR in 2:41.3. Read C&Ds caveats in the link, but that's faster than any car in C&D's 2014 Lightning lap. http://blog.caranddriver.com/watch-...utely-destroy-virginia-international-raceway/

What I'd like to see is Ford put both variants of the GT350 in the 2015 lightning lap.

Have you ever been on a track?

Do you own an SVt product? Have you ever been on a track?

You spout a lot of Internet BS as fact.

At least I can see actual lap times and videos of the Vette and GT3.

And since you are uber boneheaded, I'll state it again, regardless of which car On D Bit thinks is competition for which car, it's up to who ever is in the market for a car to decide.

As I stated, I could care less about a halo exotic that sounds like a chain saw and competes with exotics.

Give me a car that is competition for the Vette in all performance areas and price, that's what I want.

A car that gives you 90-95% of an exotic at an every man price like the Z06 does.

As far as I'm concerned the GT350 isn't it. You can't get the track pack and the tech pack in the same car for gods sake.

The R, with all its limited addition BS, and dealer mark up is for people that don't care about pissing money down the drain. That's exactly what happens when these cars are used, the ADM doesn't become adjusted trade in value. UNLESS OF COURSE YOU HAVE A FORD GT!

Which is exactly my point, that's what ford should be building, not the $400,000 chain saw.

Very Interesting!
It wasn't the gas. Heck, they ran quite a bit of race gas through the car with no improvement. That car had a serious mechanical issue.
It was slower than the Z51 Stingray (1:38.60 vs 1:38.28).

Seems to me I have already stated this.

Here I thought you cared about performance? I was wrong. Hero laps mean nothing for performance. How well they perform after 20 hot laps 50 hot laps does. The c7z can't even keep up with the c6z in this case.

The last Ford GT was not a track car but a car you could lap as was the GT500 ZR1 and C7Z.
The new Ford GT has weight and size restrictions so they went Twin turbo which is much stronger on track and more efficient.

C6Z Z28 GT3 GT350 are all much stronger than the new blown corvette. Hell I'd rather track a base Z51 over blown z06!

Saleen_1977

Established Member
Was there a dealership convention to discuss selling strategies? The best I could find was 9k over so that I can pay the 1k transport fee to ship it to Texas. 1 not likely lead of a dealer owner ordering one for himself and if he does not want it they will sell it to me for msrp. So have that going for me if he doesn't want it. 10k over is my best option.
So this is going to happen. I am going to take my GT delivery and I'm going to put all the goodies for 15k or so and when I see a gt350 I'm going to shove it in the face with my 800+ hp and it seeing my tail lights. :D

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
If people would only control themselves and not feed the hype.
The sad reality is that it still doesn't mean you end up with a car, and increases the likelihood that you won't. If I had money coming out my ass I'd prolly pony the $10k for an "R" - because I am pretty sure that's the only way anyone is going to see one. I really hate the idea of ADM - but it's the only thing that's putting an "R" in the hands of those that aren't otherwise somehow connected / preferential at a dealership.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... 10k over is my best option.
So this is going to happen. I am going to take my GT delivery and I'm going to put all the goodies for 15k or so and when I see a gt350 I'm going to shove it in the face with my 800+ hp and it seeing my tail lights. :D

And he's not going to care one bit. I sure wouldn't. Drag racing and roll racing is not what this car is about. Other than that, yeah, these dealer markups are freaking ridiculous! My dealer has (or had) a 50th anniversary GT sitting on their floor with $15K added to it. They were planning to charge $20K for the privilege of buying a GT350 from them. No doubt they would've been sticking $25K+ on the R.

Now the word is that they won't even be getting any GT350s. And I bet that 50th GT is still sitting on their showroom floor. They sat on a '09 KR for more than a year. The '11 GT500 was out before they finally sold it to another dealership. :bored:

krt22

Established Member
Was there a dealership convention to discuss selling strategies? The best I could find was 9k over so that I can pay the 1k transport fee to ship it to Texas. 1 not likely lead of a dealer owner ordering one for himself and if he does not want it they will sell it to me for msrp. So have that going for me if he doesn't want it. 10k over is my best option.

Is that for a GT350 or the GT350R

And the GT350 owner wont care in 5 years when a modded out voided warranty GT is worth <20k and the GT350 is still 40k+:coolman:

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
I can get you 5k ADM for a regular 350 in Dallas if you're interested. There are MSRP deals out there if you look hard enough. However, there were more of them a couple months ago but all the recent media days have worked in Fords favor.

Last edited:

Saleen_1977

Established Member
I can get you 5k ADM for a regular 350 in Dallas if you're interested. There are MSRP deals out there if you look hard enough. However, there were more of them a couple months ago but all the recent media days have worked in Fords favor.

Pm please so we may discuss this.

Blackdevil77

Established Member
I'm sorry if I missed it in this thread, things got a little off topic and I stopped reading. Is it actually known how hard it will be to get a GT350R? How limited will the R's production be?

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
There are 37 Rs for 2015. 500 For 2016 and 500 for 2017. As of now Ford has said that's it. I hope it stays that way but I feel due to demand they might change those numbers.

You can get a 2016 R but be prepared to pay a minimum of 10k ADM. I was lucky enough to get a MSRP R deal, mainly because I know the owner of the dealer and have sent him a lot of business. There are MSRP R deals out there but you have do a lot of work to find them and you'll most likely have to travel.

Blackdevil77

Established Member
There are 37 Rs for 2015. 500 For 2016 and 500 for 2017. As of now Ford has said that's it. I hope it stays that way but I feel due to demand they might change those numbers.

You can get a 2016 R but be prepared to pay a minimum of 10k ADM. I was lucky enough to get a MSRP R deal, mainly because I know the owner of the dealer and have sent him a lot of business. There are MSRP R deals out there but you have do a lot of work to find them and you'll most likely have to travel.

I have no problem in traveling. Won't pay an ADM. I stayed friendly with my GT500 salesman, maybe he can hook me up if they get an allocation.

krt22

Established Member
I have no problem in traveling. Won't pay an ADM. I stayed friendly with my GT500 salesman, maybe he can hook me up if they get an allocation.

You may be out of luck for awhile then. I know a guy on the other forum who has called 700+ dealers and ~7.5k over was the lowest adm he found. All of the 5k or less over deals were snatched up long ago. Im sure there were a few MSRP deals, but mostly with long standing customers

Blackdevil77

Established Member
You may be out of luck for awhile then. I know a guy on the other forum who has called 700+ dealers and ~7.5k over was the lowest adm he found. All of the 5k or less over deals were snatched up long ago. Im sure there were a few MSRP deals, but mostly with long standing customers

That stinks, but no biggie. If he can great, if not I understand.

Helmet

Established Member

I think that there will be dealers sitting on their ADM GT350's until the order banks open up for the MY17's then will sell at MSRP because I don't think Ford will give them more than the one program Allocation if they are still sitting on a MY16

Users who are viewing this thread