Altcoin Discussion

velocicaur

Established Member
I don't see BAT personally. They are going to try and go against some of the largest and strongest companies.

Google with Youtube. Amazon has Twitch. Not to mention this is also in Facebook territory.

If you think any of those are going to let ad revenue slip by... good luck. Even if this idea takes off, they will just create their own version of it.

Oh look, FacebookCoins. GoogleCoins. Amazontokens.

Rip BAT?

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
^Thanks for the input

I am looking to exit my TRX when/if BTC tests the $12.5-$13k area, and will probably move that money to add to POE. These are small plays, I just like being in some of the alt coins to get a better feel for how they move. BAT/ETH are still my favorites

96gt02

Established Member
POE is a very good buy IMO and I like BAT but dont know if I like it enough to invest lol. I also like VIBE under $1 as the circulating supply is fairly low given the price and its initial ability to hold the $2-3 range makes me think it can double pretty easily in the near future and maybe more

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
POE is a very good buy IMO and I like BAT but dont know if I like it enough to invest lol. I also like VIBE under $1 as the circulating supply is fairly low given the price and its initial ability to hold the $2-3 range makes me think it can double pretty easily in the near future and maybe more

They have a pretty interesting concept too being centered around in game purchases, but I read something about them developing a way for people to use VR but then have a hologram of someone you are talking to be placed inside the VR. So it's like a video call but it's like you are seeing them in person through the headset. Don't know how far off that is or how accurate but that is how I understood it at least.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
BTC seeing volume and a test $12,500. I think $15k will be tested within the next 24-48 hours. Going to do some flipping on TRX with play money.

96gt02

Established Member
came across this gem today

Attachments

• BITCOIN.jpg
    BITCOIN.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 102

velocicaur

Established Member
LOL.

I'm glad I am out of it now. I am not going to touch it again.

The more I look and think about it the more I don't like any of it. I am convinced the whole thing is rigged. The lower the price goes the more the big boys are able to control it. Too much manipulation by a few people. No regulation. Etc.

Futures control the market. Nothing will happen until they turn up and it might not happen due to price fixing. People cashing out at high values and then putting sell orders at extremely low values. Make money on the way up. Make money on the way down? Is that possible? Rinse and repeat.

The exchanges are absolutely bogus. Randomly shutting down or locking up coins. I have 100 dollars in ADA on binance. It's been locked the last few weeks. Withdrawal is suspended. I tried to exchange to ethereum to get out of it. "Exchanging was open." The trade "happened" but I never received ethereum and my ADA is gone. I mean, on Binance of all places. I'm never going to get that back.

Last but not least, all these alt coins are just garbage. Random apps and "ideas" using blockchain. They try to toss it on any feasible market but there is nothing behind it. Dentacoin worth a billion. LOL! All of these "white papers" are just pipe dreams. Q1 - Establish some new thing. Q2 - Expand new thing to the market. Q3 - ????. Q4 - Massive profits for everyone. A bunch of artificial value that is riding on absolutely nothing.

What prevents the founders behind the ideas from accepting a payout and just screwing everyone. Let's assume on of these is useful. Something like a market cap of 500m plus... say Dentacoin. Someone walks up to them and offers them 10M on the spot. The owners take it and walk. What would stop them from doing that? Nothing? The coins have absolutely no value after that? "Money is just gone." Something like bitconnect. Litecoin - CEO cashes out at all time high. Peace out guys. Good luck. Value has dropped in half. How is that going to recover? What kind of CEO would give up his whole share in his idea and company. I think that is only the first of many.

Of course, this is just my opinion. It is a pretty pessimistic one at that. I mean, I made some money over the last month which was nice, but I just don't see these alt coins being of any value long term. Internet start ups of 2000 all over again. Crash and burn.

96gt02

Established Member
^ I agree with everything you said 100% however I can watch everything extremely close and protect and even make money in this down market as I always try to think like a whale/manipulator and I cut loses super quick if im wrong. I do not believe in any of these companies, just some I hate more then others. I love the bounces so I will continue to play for now until it becomes boring again and all the value is sucked out by the manipulators.

velocicaur

Established Member
Oh, I saw something crazy the other night.

I was scanning the exchanges and looking at the active trades as they were happening. I wasn't sure what coining I was watching exactly, I think it was BTC/ADA, though it could have been XRP or something similar.

There were 3 buys within a few minutes of each other: 60 BTC, 65 BTC, and 75BTC. Yes, they bought that many shares with bitcoin. When you look at the numbers a bit closer.... 75 BTC was about a million bucks at the time. Literally ~2.5M "dollars" were exchanged as I was watching it.

There was a HUGE sell order on the other side too. I don't remember the exact number but it was 100+ BTC.

It took me a few minutes to understand what just happened and I even had to break out a calculator because I didn't trust the math. I even took a screen shot but I forgot to paste it into paint so I lost it... damn.

Can you imagine exchanging 1M of coins on an exchange... at once? The amount of faith that person has is insane. He probably knows the owner of the exchange or he would never do it. "Hey man, making an exchange, keep it going." "Will do."

Absolutely crazy.

96gt02

Established Member
So ripple gets some good news today as it signs on two more financial firms ( small players) for testing and the price goes down... the end is near!

Zemedici

Established Member
Oh, I saw something crazy the other night.

I was scanning the exchanges and looking at the active trades as they were happening. I wasn't sure what coining I was watching exactly, I think it was BTC/ADA, though it could have been XRP or something similar.

There were 3 buys within a few minutes of each other: 60 BTC, 65 BTC, and 75BTC. Yes, they bought that many shares with bitcoin. When you look at the numbers a bit closer.... 75 BTC was about a million bucks at the time. Literally ~2.5M "dollars" were exchanged as I was watching it.

There was a HUGE sell order on the other side too. I don't remember the exact number but it was 100+ BTC.

It took me a few minutes to understand what just happened and I even had to break out a calculator because I didn't trust the math. I even took a screen shot but I forgot to paste it into paint so I lost it... damn.

Can you imagine exchanging 1M of coins on an exchange... at once? The amount of faith that person has is insane. He probably knows the owner of the exchange or he would never do it. "Hey man, making an exchange, keep it going." "Will do."

Absolutely crazy.

million dollar+ trades happen all the time....

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It is very much like the dotcom bubble. A bunch of nonsense "companies" trying to get in on the action because it is new and fresh. It will crash and re-consolidate and from there the real players and real ideas will move forward as the dust settles. Right now everyone is just playing the game hoping to cash in on the game. Regardless of how you feel about or how manipulated it is, people are making a lot of money off of it. Gamble with what you are willing to lose and definitely don't bet your life savings on it. But I would rather be in on it now knowing what is eventually coming down the road so I have an understanding of what/who to do and look out for when the big changes happen.

Users who are viewing this thread