American Airlines still one of the most incompetent airlines in the US

01svtL

Established Member
We refuse to fly with them now. We had 4 flights in a row last year that went to shit and either caused us an incredible amount of inconvenience or made us miss appointments all together. The worst part is they don't even try to work with you. If it's your fault, book the damn passenger on another, competent, airline and help them get to where they NEED to be. You don't get to just parade around and pretend to be an airline company. Do what you're in business to do. They just accept the fact that they suck. Long as they got your money already, F you....

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
Sorry, can you name me a competent airline in the US?

Air travel has turned into nothing but an anger management exercise over the last 10 years, or so.

01svtL

Established Member

Air travel has turned into nothing but an anger management exercise over the last 10 years, or so.

I agree, but American is heads and shoulders above everyone else in incompetency. It's not even close.

TK Doom

Established Member
that guy will get a minimum of $10k for that, because of the publicity involved, I'm thinking $50k.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I fly United because it's what my work required. They suck too, and are directly responsible for my parents missing my college graduation. It all pretty much sucks these days.

nxhappy

Established Member
they all suck ass equally. IMO Southwest is the best and most reliable.

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
Only time I ever boarded a plane was for new years to go on vacation to Barcelona, Spain (familiar language). Never had a single issue with the TSA or the airliner. (Granted it was Norwegian Airlines on a 787 Dreamliner round trip).

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
they all suck ass equally. IMO Southwest is the best and most reliable.

They lost our Pack N Play on a nonstop flight a few weeks ago. Who knows how long it will take to get my money back from that, and I'm not getting the money back for the one I had to buy while we were on our trip so that my son had somewhere to sleep. They can go suck a fat one too.

oldmodman

Established Member
The last time I had to fly somewhere I flew Braniff from LAX to Kansas City.

Braniff was always a wonderful airline to fly. Always on time. Never crowded. Good food and drink. Very attractive stews and NO male flight attendants (queers).

So naturally they are out of business. And my last flight was in 1994. I never intend to fly anywhere again.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member

2 easy ones are Jet Blue and Southwest. Never had a single problem with either of them. This does not mean that people have had bad experiences with them but i have found that they are willing to go above and beyond to make things right in most situations.

Users who are viewing this thread