American Sniper

ssssnake

Established Member
I read the book last year. Kick ass story.

The Man is a National Hero! They lowered the flags for the coke skank Whitney Houston but not for this guy. Sad world we live in.

What gets me is that he served all that time in the Middle East - a dangerous place, and survived, only to die on our soil. The other thing that gets me is that at his funeral at Cowboys Stadium, the only politician I believe that attended was Sarah Palin.

In a Facebook note, Palin wrote she found it “sad to see that flags aren’t flying at half staff for this American hero” and hoped Obama “pays his respects in some gesture of condolence” for someone who “sacrificed so much to keep him and all of us safe.”

Obama has publicly acknowledged people like Sandra Fluke and famous rappers, but he is not attending Kyle’s funeral and did not issue a statement after Kyle’s death.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
What gets me is that he served all that time in the Middle East - a dangerous place, and survived, only to die on our soil. The other thing that gets me is that at his funeral at Cowboys Stadium, the only politician I believe that attended was Sarah Palin.

Good for her! No matter how dumb they try to make her look in the media she seems like a legit real person to me.

It's sickening that he didn't get his due respect.

All that aside he sure has mine.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Great movie! Sucks its been leaked for almost a month along with other movies.
Bradley Cooper surprised me once again, who would’ve ever thought diarrhea boy from Wedding Crashers would be a big star.

Actually torrenting helps films get publicity and actually helps make more money ;-)

HandBanana

Established Member
Can't wait to see it tonight. Awesome story, Cooper got big for this one! Nothing like Tom Hardy for Dark Knight Rises though.

What blows my freaking mind is how Jesse Ventura can sue Chris' widow for defamation. What a freaking pansy. Honestly that dickhead deserves to have everything taken away from him. Way to piss off the entire military you left-wing clown.

NlGHTMARE

Banned
To be honest, there hasn't been a good SEAL movie since Navy SEALs from the 80's. The only thing that comes close is Lone Survivor, and even that movie is a fail in many ways.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
To be honest, there hasn't been a good SEAL movie since Navy SEALs from the 80's. The only thing that comes close is Lone Survivor, and even that movie is a fail in many ways.

The book was awesome. The movie was not even close to on par with the book story wise. The movie was a good action flick though.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Saw it a week ago, good movie!

I wonder what Chris Kyle would think about it. I wonder what his wife thinks about it. Though Clint Eastwood probably got her permission.

Saw an interview Eastwood made about making it. He did get his family's permission and opinions on it before hand. His father sat down with him too and told Eastwood "If you screw the movie up and make my son look bad, i'll kill you." lol

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Even though I know the story, this is a must see. Clint Eastwood directed films always get my attention. Chris was and is a TRUE American hero.

oldmodman

Established Member
She had some input into the movie

I saw a great, long interview with both the widow and Bradley. He spent time with her talking about her relationship with Chris relationship, how he talked, sounded, the way he walked etc. She gave him a pair of his old boots to even walk in.

Bradley spent four months with a trainer. Bulking up. He put on 40 pounds of muscle mass for the part. Five hours a day working out and another six getting the part right. The widow said he did her husband Chris proud.

And I'm happy to say that even though the pansy faggots at the Gloden Globes didn't nominate the film the Left leaning Academy did. Best Picture and Best Actor plus four other categories.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
I saw a great, long interview with both the widow and Bradley. He spent time with her talking about her relationship with Chris relationship, how he talked, sounded, the way he walked etc. She gave him a pair of his old boots to even walk in.

Bradley spent four months with a trainer. Bulking up. He put on 40 pounds of muscle mass for the part. Five hours a day working out and another six getting the part right. The widow said he did her husband Chris proud.

And I'm happy to say that even though the pansy faggots at the Gloden Globes didn't nominate the film the Left leaning Academy did. Best Picture and Best Actor plus four other categories.

not sure if serious :lol:

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
I can't wait to see it. I read the book several times and it seems to get better each time. All I can say is if you liked the movie Lone Survivor you have got to read that book. The book goes into so much more detail that was left out of the movie. Detail that all of us should be familiar with as Americans. I hope the American Sniper movie brings a lot of the same type of detail out. Either way I am sure it will be very good.

I wonder if the movie will have any mention of the two dirt bags in Texas that tried to take his truck at gun point while he was getting gas.

Last edited:

NlGHTMARE

Banned
I can't wait to see it. I read the book several times and it seems to get better each time. All I can say is if you liked the movie Lone Survivor you have got to read that book. The book goes into so much more detail that was left out of the movie. Detail that all of us should be familiar with as Americans. I hope the American Sniper movie brings a lot of the same type of detail out. Either way I am sure it will be very good.

I wonder if the movie will have any mention of the two dirt bags in Texas that tried to take his truck at gun point while he was getting gas.

I can't wait to see your badass Ranger get finished! Love that project. I check this site every day for updates lol

Tx5811

Veni, vidi, vici
Established Member
The movie is pretty good. Im just not sure about how much of a true story it actually is. And jbrown that gas station robbery never happened. Look it up

hb712

Established Member
The movie is pretty good. Im just not sure about how much of a true story it actually is. And jbrown that gas station robbery never happened. Look it up

Considering a guy who served with Chris is playing himself, in addition to being an advisor for the movie, I think it'll be about as close as a movie can get. Taya Kyle also had input into the movie.

In terms of his book, the gas station story isn't in it. Beyond that, it is highly unlikely that story actually happened, though there is no proof either way.

I can't wait to see it on Saturday.

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Saw it, thought it was great.

I did notice small things like how the equipment/Humvees/M1 Abrams equipment changed and advanced slightly as the movie went on just as it did in real life, nice to see.

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member

I know it is a little hard to believe that it did happen. Not so much the incident itself but more that there doesn't seem to be any hard evidence that it did. Just depends on what you read and where you read it. I have heard the story come up in several books and still have mixed feelings as to if it could have occurred or not. Brandon Webb mentions it in his book along with Marcus and Morgan switching places one day during BUDS. I guess it could all be urban legend. My favorite urban legend is that Osama's short SKS is now hanging on two nails on a wall in Dam Neck Virginia.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread