Amsoil Signature Series 5W-50 meets Ford WSS-M2C931-C recommendation

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Hello fellow Mustang owners. Amsoil finally decided enough Ford vehicles were on the streets and track to formulate a Signature Series lubricant that meets API SN and Ford WSS-M2C931-C requirements. This is a big deal for those who are worried about not having Ford's recommended SAE lubricant in their Mustang.

Amsoil Signature Series 5W-50

This is the only known lubricant to carry Ford's recommendation code other than Motorcraft 5W-50.

APPLICATIONS
AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil is excellent for use in all types of gasoline-fueled vehicles. It is recommended for all domestic and foreign vehicles requiring any of the listed performance specifications:

5W-50 (AMR): API SN, SM...; Ford WSS-M2C931-C (Mustang)

This also means Amsoil's Warranty will now cover your Condor, Roadrunner, or Coyote engine that is spec'd for 5W-50.

I will edit my recommendation for the Boss 302, Track Pack GT, and GT500 vehicles used on closed course tracks and for those who do not want anything else in their Mustang except 5W-50.

Preferred Customers can purchase this formulation for $8.15 per quart or $92.85 per case (12 quarts). Amsoil's EaO11 oil filter is recommended for your application.

Looks like we have another new lubricant to test in the Mustang GT UOA Thread. With Amsoil's desire to produce only the best formulation possible, I'd assume it's more shear resistant than Motorcraft 5W-50. However, only time and testing will tell.

Last edited:

BrianH87

Established Member
This is good news. Now I have another option. I'm sure it's safe to say that this product is superior to the motorcraft. No need to be modest. I'm going to buy a case.

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I predict it will shear slightly less than Castrol 5W-50 and a whole lot less than Motorcraft 5W-50. Expecting great UOAs from this formulation, when compared to other 5W-50 lubricants currently on the market.

mackdog2008

Established Member
I run amsoil 5w30 in my 13 GT, should I switch to this?

What would be the difference from 5w30 and 5w50 ?

fred50stang

Established Member
Thanks for the update. Will be buying a case soon.

Question about oil filters though. I noticed that the filters are relatively short, so is there a bigger(longer) filter and is it worth having a bigger filter?

Thanks.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Allow me to clarify some things for those above who have questions.

The EaO11 oil filter has a higher gallon per minute flow than the EaO17. The "11" is shorter, yet wider, than the "17". It has less restriction between the metal can and the filtering media, allowing for more flow. I prefer it over the "17" when you are using formulations more viscous than standard 5W-20.

If your Boss 302 or Track Pack GT car is driven on the street or drag strip only, you do not need 5W-50. Only cars used in twisty heats should consider it. For street/drag use only, I prefer one of Amsoil's Signature Series 30 grades.

Users who are viewing this thread