And so it begins...

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
So I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to place an order with Nick for a 2024 Bronco Raptor a month ago. Not even 24 hours after ordering the truck was scheduled.

original week scheduled by Ford.jpg

Waiting is indeed the hardest part. I always expect a bumpy ride but hope to be pleasantly surprised in the end. Today I hit my first pothole (note new scheduling date).

4-15-2024 and Ford pushed me back by 1 week.JPG

I know its only a week (at this point anyway) and that it can go the other way too but karma usually gets what it wants. I've been a good boy but I'm not sure that matters any more. I'll keep updating and will put everything here as this journey (I always hated that gay ass word) unfolds.

:)

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Congrats on the order.
Delivery times are all over the place, my last 3 orders from Ford were 49, 112, & 79 days, it shows up when it shows up..

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Build? Black package, carbon, leather, orange, or bead locks (not sure how accurate the rendering is)? All of the ones I have "built", the only option I have consistently leaned toward is leather, but then question if it's "worth" $2500.

Interesting that you chose black flares, vs color match (new for 24). I have gone back and forth, like the color match, but also like the contrast.

Saw somewhere that the roof design is new?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
CLEANED Preview Order 1812 - E0R -  TOBINS RAPTOR 4 DOOR.jpg

Flares will come painted. That's standard for '24 and if you don't want them you can click the box that will give you the unpainted ones, I believe at no cost. Carbon package, Black marine grade vinyl, engine block heater, wheel locks, bead lock capable wheels.

New roof design looks to only be coming on the Black Pkg for '24. May be the standard roof for '25, dunno.

I'm gonna do some interior orange reduction as it is a bit much for me. Parts are on the way for that as well as some axle/shock skids.

96dreamer

Established Member
Going to be a good looking rig. I wish our 22 badlands had been delayed a few more weeks. They announced the option to convert orders to a raptor just after mine went into production. They were about 20k cheaper then too.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Yes agreed, on the no cost option, on the flares to be body color or black. Understood on orange, the code orange (which of course you did not get), is even worse.

Interesting on the roof.

Cool build, be here in no time.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Good looking ride, Tob. Knowing you, I'm sure you'll examine it with a fine tooth comb and give us a complete evaluation. Look forward to it. I'd be curious about how it does in snow but you likely won't know until next winter although we do get some snow around here in April.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Good looking ride, Tob. Knowing you, I'm sure you'll examine it with a fine tooth comb and give us a complete evaluation. Look forward to it. I'd be curious about how it does in snow but you likely won't know until next winter although we do get some snow around here in April.
Ugh, I am so tired of shit weather and can't wait to feel the warmth of the sun once again!

So I wanted to mention that the Bronco will replace my current "daily," a 2014 JKUR I bought new in November of 2013. I think it has just over 40k miles and has been rock solid reliable. It'll be nice switching to another vehicle just to not have to wave back at everybody waving at me all the ****ing time.:)

20240417_112252.jpg

I was able to find a 2024 Bronco Raptor that was spec'd similar to what I'm getting. It'll match this one entirely on the outside.

63c1a73d55bb260432235d5a649d409dxz.jpg

Not going to do much exterior appearance stuff but I am going to address a few interior concerns I have first. Not gonna lie, I'm not a big fan of orange accents everywhere. I struggled with some of the white/gray accents on my GT500 and I think that designer moved on to the Bronco just to **** with me on this too. I can deal with orange on the steering wheel, some of the stitching, etc. But the rest, to me, borders on hideous.

331518142_2835898309878694_8031745150110461080_n.jpg

For example, when you open the door you see the orange on the grab handles, and its on both sides of them.

IMG_2564-17887-scaled.jpg

I have some high quality fiber/gel inserts coming that should cross this one off the list. And no, I'm not one to gay it up by putting little trinkets and shit everywhere. I'm into minimalism and this is like a pumpkinitis infestation that has to be beaten back and buried with brute force.

BRO021-DCF-G_bb70ee3b-65a7-478c-b9e7-77bf117b04af_2400x1920.jpg

BRO021-DCF-G_1800x2400a.jpg

Next up, the GOAT dial. Like a ****ing citrus starfish.

a212a52a0529e01006b933e0a3dfd014x.jpg

If I was 9 or 10 this might look cool to me (just kidding, even at that age I knew what fruitcake meant). Yeah, the ring pops off and can be replaced with one from a "lesser" (Less is more - minimalism FTW!) version that I should have soon. The silver/gray matches the outside paint kinda, so it definitely ties in with the rest of the truck.

D42634A8-5E1B-4910-B138-E0F72B943983.jpeg

4ddbbdf1c9bb409997a07fb38a0f934e.jpg

I don't need a safety cone colored tab in order to find and operate the dash vents either. Nor do I need to be reminded that I have a Bronco with an embossed billboard dashface, replete with OJ's favorite vehicle moniker in slashtastic orange.

IMG_2566-18004-scaled.jpg

Tabs will be going black and not coming back.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I found a company that physically replaces the tab, not just an overlay.

P1056022_f140bec7-e17c-4f1b-8373-5f87843fb758_1024x1024@2x.jpg

I'm considering a change to the black dash face too that you see up above instead of the silver mine will come with, dunno. If you order the grotesque blue/orange interior, you get the black instead.

0bc0b505439e718de63096b5620bfaa4x.jpg

Anyway, enough of my disdain for Ford's Ode to all things Liberace. For now, lol.

Since I have learned that suspension pick up points are critical and need to be protected on a good rig, I sourced some Foutz skids for the rear shock mounts on the rear axle. Pure USDA heart attack rated beef.

20240417_152049.jpg

Bronco-raptor-rear-shock-skid-18_2048x.jpg

Bonus is the brackets are so ****ing heavy that they'll probably work as a mass damper too which is great if I decide to go to 38's.
I'll probably do Foutz' axle cover skid too once I'm done with the interior decorating.

Gonna be busy studying photos and accumulating solutions while Ford plays Bingo with my production date.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Replacement switch/dial showed up today from my parts guru. Application didn't matter, ring color did.

20240418_134008.jpg

20240418_134048.jpg

A little tricky but thankfully karma lost this battle with me.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Congrats on the Braptor!

Waiting is part of the fun... Or insanity. I skipped the trailer tow and hardtop since both was/are in purgatory.
My 22 BD was pushed out a whole month, signed papers right before my birthday in August.

Sent from my SM-S918U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ugh, I am so tired of shit weather and can't wait to feel the warmth of the sun once again!

So I wanted to mention that the Bronco will replace my current "daily," a 2014 JKUR I bought new in November of 2013. I think it has just over 40k miles and has been rock solid reliable. It'll be nice switching to another vehicle just to not have to wave back at everybody waving at me all the ****ing time.:)

View attachment 1837221

I was able to find a 2024 Bronco Raptor that was spec'd similar to what I'm getting. It'll match this one entirely on the outside.

View attachment 1837223

Not going to do much exterior appearance stuff but I am going to address a few interior concerns I have first. Not gonna lie, I'm not a big fan of orange accents everywhere. I struggled with some of the white/gray accents on my GT500 and I think that designer moved on to the Bronco just to **** with me on this too. I can deal with orange on the steering wheel, some of the stitching, etc. But the rest, to me, borders on hideous.

View attachment 1837236

For example, when you open the door you see the orange on the grab handles, and its on both sides of them.

View attachment 1837229

I have some high quality fiber/gel inserts coming that should cross this one off the list. And no, I'm not one to gay it up by putting little trinkets and shit everywhere. I'm into minimalism and this is like a pumpkinitis infestation that has to be beaten back and buried with brute force.

View attachment 1837230

View attachment 1837231

Next up, the GOAT dial. Like a ****ing citrus starfish.

View attachment 1837237

If I was 9 or 10 this might look cool to me (just kidding, even at that age I knew what fruitcake meant). Yeah, the ring pops off and can be replaced with one from a "lesser" (Less is more - minimalism FTW!) version that I should have soon. The silver/gray matches the outside paint kinda, so it definitely ties in with the rest of the truck.

View attachment 1837238

View attachment 1837239

I don't need a safety cone colored tab in order to find and operate the dash vents either. Nor do I need to be reminded that I have a Bronco with an embossed billboard dashface, replete with OJ's favorite vehicle moniker in slashtastic orange.

View attachment 1837240

Tabs will be going black and not coming back.
First, congratulations TOB. That's a mighty nice looking B_Raptor. I could live with the orange accents if I had to, but I DO like the changes you're making. IMO, that should have been a Ford optional package because I would bet that a lot of buyers would prefer the minimalistic styling. (y)(y)

Users who are viewing this thread