Anniversary Cobra - What to do next?

HandBanana

Established Member
Thanks very much for the feedback! Let's just go with the more conservative 700 HP goal :)

There is NOTHING conservative about 700whp. Hope it all works out well with the purchase.

Am I the only one who is seeing a myriad of these threads (also WTB in Market) where new folks are saying "I want 700-800whp" right off the bat? After having a plethora of performance cars, I suggest you get used to it as it is. That car is still going to roll out as is.

jobo1190

Established Member
Make sure you do research on how to properly setup at centri setup on these cars. Bolting on a off the shelf procharger kit that uses the water to air and stock lower intake manifold will not work. I mean it will WORK, but you will be leaving a lot of hp on the table. If I were to do that swap, I would do it perfect and make sure I am not missing out on any power. I would contact juiced46. He was one of the very first 03 cobras to have the kit. Theres a reason why some of the guys on here who had the kits no longer do.

Hey Stangfreak, thanks very much for the guidance on the centri's. Can you speak further on what you mean by doing it perfectly? I will certainly reach out to juiced46 and try to pick his brain also. What are some of the reasons why guys had these kits and went back (I am assuming) to a TS setup?

@FromGTtoSVT

I absolutely want to go about this the right way and be able to produce usable power. I fully intend to have all supporting mods installed prior to the new blower (whichever path I decide to take). Thanks very much for your feedback about the suspension work, as those parts were not included in my original post.

What are some good tires, in your opinion?

Thanks for all the feedback, guys!

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
Go with m/t et streets . If you upgrade the irs with the ftbr kit make sure you either get a irs brace or a upgraded diff girdle . That being said , no need to upgrade the stock halfshafts . If they aren't broke don't fix them . They will take a beating and wheel hop is what causes them to snap . So , if you eliminate the wheel hop the half shafts should hold up .

black 10th vert

Established Member
There is NOTHING conservative about 700whp. Hope it all works out well with the purchase.

Am I the only one who is seeing a myriad of these threads (also WTB in Market) where new folks are saying "I want 700-800whp" right off the bat? After having a plethora of performance cars, I suggest you get used to it as it is. That car is still going to roll out as is.

I totally agree with this! OP what is it that makes you think you want/need 700hp? Have you ever even driven a solid 5-600rwhp car? Have you even driven that car you want to buy? If you have, were you allowed to actually open it up? If the answer is NO to any of those questions then it's pretty much mental masturbation and you are just caught up on a number. It you will cost you a lot of money and likely decrease the reliability of the car considerably to hit that magic number, especially if you plan to make it a DD. If it's going to be a toy/garage queen then that part is irrelevant. As others have mentioned, it is also a waste of money chasing big numbers without proper suspension, and because it is a vert, it is also vitally important to have the best sub fame connectors you can get/afford as well as RSTB, FSTB, k member support, etc. because these cars don't have the full unibody structure of a coupe version so they start off at a big disadvantage in that department. Just be sure you have the budget and know what you are getting into before going down the rabbit hole of chasing numbers. If you can actually get that car to hook up even what it currently has for power, you may find that it will keep you happy for a very long time. Good luck!

Last edited:

jobo1190

Established Member
@Phil04cobra

Thanks very much for the feedback on the drivetrain and suspension. I think I mentioned that it did have an IRS brace installed, but I am glad to hear the half shafts will hold up with the wheel hop eliminated.

@black 10th vert

Thanks for the feedback about the suspension and subframe. I definitley want to stiff up the very as much as possible. My purpose of starting this thread is to vet out ideas, discuss options, and get some feedback on some ideas. I would like to have a plan
mapped out prior to buying the car.

Thanks for all of the feedback!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
24 I see. Might wanna get used to that 500 before taking the big jump, as it gets pretty violent.

Users who are viewing this thread