Another new Z getting a spanking

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I wonder what that dude in the blue Z06 did when he got home that nite? Internet search on how to make his slowass car faster?
Don't think his girlfriend was impressed losing every roll race..

Badass_Forever

Established Member
see after the new viper came out, i remember almost everyone on here ripping it a part, saying it was a slow pos.... I dont see a slow pos in these videos... i know this street sweeper is tuned.. but still..

paintless302

Established Member
Great video, daylight racing is so much better to watch. However, that Viper is the fastest 583whp car in the world. Something doesn't add up. How can he run even with another Viper that's supposed to be making 800whp?

Edit: Nice to see the Shelby running even with the C7Z though.

Shelby rolled on the Z pretty good too, he was just having a lot of traction issues.

And as far as me and the blown Gen 3, personally I was surprised as well, but its just another case of #s aren't the whole story. The blower + heat exchanger add a good 100lbs+ to the car, plus its a centri, so the curve is much more peaky then what i have to work with. It apparently adds up to a closer than you would expect race--I honestly thought he was going to roll me up.

paintless302

Established Member
I wonder what that dude in the blue Z06 did when he got home that nite? Internet search on how to make his slowass car faster?
Don't think his girlfriend was impressed losing every roll race..

Probably got home ****ed his wife and went to sleep happy?

Not everyone lives their life to be the fastest thing on the planet. The Z owner is a friend of mine, and knew the outcome was not going to be in his favor from the get-go, and was still a good sport about it. I'm sure his wife could give two squirts as well, she was just excited to be a part of the action.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
That viper is "goddamn" fast! Was not expecting the blown viper and shelby outcomes. Paintless, you sure there's not an insurance item in the trunk just in case you race a "more than worthy" car lol?

Good shit man for real! Your snake runs hard!

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I would like to see the race if you gave the Z the hit. I don't think it would change things in the end, but hopefully he wouldn't instantly fall back. Your car is fast as hell for sure, congrats.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Awaiting vids of C7Z with a tune to remove the piss poor factory calibration. Love your car OP.

Ive narrowed my spring car down to a '09 ZR1, 14 Stingray, 08 Viper or 10 GTR. Your vids and threads are making it hard to go any other way though. :nonono:

Last edited:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Wow!!! I never expected a 4th gen Viper to be that much of a beast with tune and full exhaust. Very awesome car!!!!
Was I the only one that thought the C7 Z did great? I mean the Shelby did beat it but it wasn’t a simple kill like the Viper was doing, it did make 700+whp.

paintless302 beautiful car there! I remember seeing your old thread of the other Viper and great to see it came out better for you in the end. My view on these beasts changed a lot!

Z06

Established Member
That Z got raped by everyone lol... Post this on CF.com for some insane jimmy rustling.

It's over there and so is paintless, the owner of the Z stated he started in 3rd at 60mph and that he kept the rpms at around 5k. Still breaking in. Don't think it would of made much of a difference but would be a bit different nonetheless.

Last edited:

Blackoyote

Established Member
Well, I think I know now what my next car will be. I've been a toss up between a C6Z or a 4th Gen Viper...guess I'll be buying one with full exhaust/tune! Nice racing for all involved...didn't expect the Viper with the blower to get dealt with in that manner.

paintless302

Established Member
Awaiting vids of C7Z with a tune to remove the piss poor factory calibration. Love your car OP.

Ive narrowed my spring car down to a '09 ZR1, 14 Stingray, 08 Viper or 10 GTR. Your vids and threads are making it hard to go any other way though. :nonono:

Thanks for all the positive comments chaps.

If its going to be used in a daily manner or for any kind of extended trips (200 miles+), buy the ZR1.

If you can't afford to fix it if it breaks and need a warranty, buy the Stingray.

If you have kids, buy the GTR.

If you want to be a boss, buy the Viper :) Haha, if you want unreal NA performance on the road coarse and strip, and exclusivity, at the expense of some space and creature comforts, get the snake.

Users who are viewing this thread