Another new Z getting a spanking

AWDLS2

Established Member
That 500miles thing is bs the other vid of the C7Z getting whooped had over 500 miles. That guy would of got beat bad either way, even shifting at 6500 or 7000 whatever they go to

Brandon619

Established Member
GM should just stop production on the C7 Z06 and throw the dealer stock away because it just doesn't live up to the hype! Doesn't GM use the internet?

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
^^^^And the people who bought them should just drop them off at my house since they are useless trash!

I think it's a little early to be calling it on the Z06. The thing is heavy as crap (when compared to past Corvettes) but it's still a beast. They have just hit the streets. Give it some time and let people start modding them at least.

Last edited:

STCobra

STREDEYE
Established Member
Steve@TF, are you being serious when you say you can't afford one ? I think you can afford one as you are a successful business owner but then again, what do i know:) Have a great one!!

Last edited:

emerica4601

KCCO!
Established Member
Painless ...

Your videos are making me more and more want to sell my 06 coupe for an 08. My car (with nearly the identical mods as your past gen 3) is door to door, if not gets pulled a car length by a stock C6Z. To see that an 08 with nearly the same mods pull that hard .. is very impressive. That extra rpm really must wake the car up!

On a side note, I'm going to sand my headlights this weekend based off the post you put on instagram. Doing the exact same and hoping for the identical results. Thanks!

Joe :coolman:
(wishing I lived in Houston at the moment ...)

Senator

Dude....Seriously?
Established Member
I understand the Z06 driver claims he wasnt going above 5k....... why even line it up over and over then? Its just adding to the hate at this point.
Because he was having fun with friends on a cruise. :shrug:
I guarantee his last thought at the time wasn't "Oh no, the internet won't like this." lol

There's variables, but the point IMO is not the Z is "slow", it's that Alex's Viper is fast.

Our friend who was driving the Shelby said it best over at CF:
IMG_20141217_080736.jpg

paintless302

Established Member
Painless ...

Your videos are making me more and more want to sell my 06 coupe for an 08. My car (with nearly the identical mods as your past gen 3) is door to door, if not gets pulled a car length by a stock C6Z. To see that an 08 with nearly the same mods pull that hard .. is very impressive. That extra rpm really must wake the car up!

On a side note, I'm going to sand my headlights this weekend based off the post you put on instagram. Doing the exact same and hoping for the identical results. Thanks!

I don't know whose headlight post you're referring to but it cant be mine? lol. My name is @sneakysnakes on there, are you sure its the right one?

And yeah, going from a gen 3 to gen 4 was miles of a difference. They are completely different cars mechanically, the motor doesn't share more than a few bolts between generations. I always found it rather amusing that the gen 3 and gen 4 vipers are completely different drive-trains but look the same; and the gen 4 and gen 5 vipers are completely different aesthetically, but identical mechanically.

My full bolt-on, geared gen 3, would be door to door with a stock gen 4. The variable valve timing on the gen 4 makes such a difference in the top end, when it comes on the cam around 4k it just piles on the power all the way to redline with no drop-off. On the gen 3, after 5k it seemed to just run out of steam. I would akeen a gen 3 powerband to a stock HCI foxbody, nasty in the low-midrange, and just making noise past 5k. The gen 4 is like a C6 Z06, where the power builds all the way to redline (just with a LOT more torque).

My current gen 4, after some gears, gen 5 intake manifold, and a tire, should put up a pretty stout fight for most street cars:rolling:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I don't know whose headlight post you're referring to but it cant be mine? lol. My name is @sneakysnakes on there, are you sure its the right one?

And yeah, going from a gen 3 to gen 4 was miles of a difference. They are completely different cars mechanically, the motor doesn't share more than a few bolts between generations. I always found it rather amusing that the gen 3 and gen 4 vipers are completely different drive-trains but look the same; and the gen 4 and gen 5 vipers are completely different aesthetically, but identical mechanically.

My full bolt-on, geared gen 3, would be door to door with a stock gen 4. The variable valve timing on the gen 4 makes such a difference in the top end, when it comes on the cam around 4k it just piles on the power all the way to redline with no drop-off. On the gen 3, after 5k it seemed to just run out of steam. I would akeen a gen 3 powerband to a stock HCI foxbody, nasty in the low-midrange, and just making noise past 5k. The gen 4 is like a C6 Z06, where the power builds all the way to redline (just with a LOT more torque).

My current gen 4, after some gears, gen 5 intake manifold, and a tire, should put up a pretty stout fight for most street cars:rolling:

I honestly was going to be an asshole and come in here and say the viper was holding out with a 100 shot until I saw it was your car. The vipers just keep impressing me even more!

emerica4601

KCCO!
Established Member

You're right, it wasn't you on instagram. It's 'tommy8897' who also has an orange gen 4. My fault!

I'd love to run a stock gen 4 and see how my car stacks up knowing what you had just said.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
Painless ...

when the hell did you race a stock c6z that can drive??

Im pretty sure i saw you get ROLLLLLLEDDDDD by a girl in a auto 5.0 at ocmd vs your little slow viper.. id wanna sell it too.

Last edited:

Rios302

Established Member
You forgot to list the main mod, the driver. I think the only car that was pulling on you was the grey Viper.

Users who are viewing this thread